Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Vincent better redeem himself on Saturday because he made the Italian Americans look very bad, maybe Anne wants to give him another chance and he sex so she can continue eating Vincent's dishes without paying, how smart, right? :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
this Tacos Part 5a is equivalent to what chapter? 5?
From what I skimmed through as I don't got time to play the rework yet I guess you could say that cause I think the movie scene happens in Chapter 5. But I don't think you can compare the rework to chapters to ch1-14 on 1 to 1 bases because the pacing is different. For example looks like the next 1-2 updates gonna be the first vacation while that would of happened already in the other. At most id say you can just use the ch 1-14 as a educated guess when stuff might happen on the rework.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSC82

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I think it would be better to have a group of about 6-7 guys that Annie plays with and each of them want different things from her.
One of the biggest failures of the original (and the first revamp) was that it set up consequential relationships but only ever followed through on one of them (Martin). Most of Anne's and Tony's partners are inconsequential, and after a while they completely clog up the story and turn it into endlessly repeated nonsense. But there are characters that potentially pose a much bigger threat to the relationship; for Anne that's Martin, Ryan, Mike, Dre, and perhaps Malcom (because they have history). For Tony, it's Nicole and Kelsey (probably Anne's relatives as well, but that's another story that's never picked up). And for both of them, there's Troy (who Anne's fucking) and his wife (whose name I can't remember; the blonde) who works with Tony and who he's fucking; both of them cheating on each other with the same couple could lead to all sorts of delicious drama. This story would be much more interesting if one of their more consequential relationships was regularly present, rather than introduced and forgotten.

Dre, for example: Anne very clearly has a thing for him that goes well beyond the fun of new dick. It's in the text and it's in the renders. She actually complains if her husband turns her night with Dre into a threesome. She was supposed to have him over for a whole weekend, but the dev forgot to make that happen because bars full of cowboys or something. There's so much more drama and interest in a story where Anne is absolutely falling for Dre and increasingly excluding her husband from that relationship, than in one where you have to choose if she bangs the old car salesman or the young car salesman.

And it's not like the dev doesn't see this potential; refer to the dudes she bangs in both Punta Cana and on the swingers' boat, and Tony's feelings about how she talks about being with them. It's a harder story to write, for sure. But it's actually interesting, for a change. She can have feelings about Nicole; she does have feelings about Kelsey. He sees that there's potential story there, he just refuses to actually delve into it.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
One of the biggest failures of the original (and the first revamp) was that it set up consequential relationships but only ever followed through on one of them (Martin). Most of Anne's and Tony's partners are inconsequential, and after a while they completely clog up the story and turn it into endlessly repeated nonsense. But there are characters that potentially pose a much bigger threat to the relationship; for Anne that's Martin, Ryan, Mike, Dre, and perhaps Malcom (because they have history). For Tony, it's Nicole and Kelsey (probably Anne's relatives as well, but that's another story that's never picked up). And for both of them, there's Troy (who Anne's fucking) and his wife (whose name I can't remember; the blonde) who works with Tony and who he's fucking; both of them cheating on each other with the same couple could lead to all sorts of delicious drama. This story would be much more interesting if one of their more consequential relationships was regularly present, rather than introduced and forgotten.

Dre, for example: Anne very clearly has a thing for him that goes well beyond the fun of new dick. It's in the text and it's in the renders. She actually complains if her husband turns her night with Dre into a threesome. She was supposed to have him over for a whole weekend, but the dev forgot to make that happen because bars full of cowboys or something. There's so much more drama and interest in a story where Anne is absolutely falling for Dre and increasingly excluding her husband from that relationship, than in one where you have to choose if she bangs the old car salesman or the young car salesman.

And it's not like the dev doesn't see this potential; refer to the dudes she bangs in both Punta Cana and on the swingers' boat, and Tony's feelings about how she talks about being with them. It's a harder story to write, for sure. But it's actually interesting, for a change. She can have feelings about Nicole; she does have feelings about Kelsey. He sees that there's potential story there, he just refuses to actually delve into it.
Was the part where she complains about the threesome in with Dre in the original or ch 1-14 just curious as I don't recall that part and would like to skip and replay that part next time I sit down to play something.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
she does have feelings about Kelsey. He sees that there's potential story there, he just refuses to actually delve into it.
Great post. Mircom has said there will be a Kelsey ending, so I would say he is going to go delve in to that dynamic in the future. While I'm a Kelsey fan my ideal is always a happy ending for the married couple. I just don't see that happening here and Kelsey is my No1 choice post Anne.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
It is something that unfortunately one realizes that as the game progresses and the more progress the couple becomes more and more distant and the possibility of them ending up together is reduced, that is why the idea of starting a new relationship becomes stronger, grumpy is already preparing the wedding vows just in case his day comes with kelsie I hope he chooses me as best man :p

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
It is something that unfortunately one realizes that as the game progresses and the more progress the couple becomes more and more distant and the possibility of them ending up together is reduced, that is why the idea of starting a new relationship becomes stronger, grumpy is already preparing the wedding vows just in case his day comes with kelsie I hope he chooses me as best man :p
Yep already got the tux and the wedding dress picked out :ROFLMAO:
You can be best man and Nicole will be our special guest on the wedding night :sneaky:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
yeah something I noticed early on. I might be totally wrong on this second part probably am. But I thought somewhere around ch 10 - 14 before the vacation. It did feel like they got a little closer again after being distant for so long to me at least to me it felt like the MC had sex with his wife more often than before. But yeah I doubt that would of lasted if we got past chapter 15.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

BluDaniels

Jan 6, 2022
The game sort of needs cuckold angst, a lot of people have posted about it.
Cuckold angst makes the stakes. The stakes are everything. It's not just about sex, it's about the buildup.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Was the part where she complains about the threesome in with Dre in the original or ch 1-14
I don't know that the "original" is still available here, but the first revamp is and it's what's linked as 1-14. Dre comes over, and you have the choice to let her just fuck Dre or join in. If you do the latter, she says that she wishes it'd been just her and Dre. Since she's essentially indifferent to this same choice in similar cases (e.g. the swinger neighbors, Mike and his wife at the swingers' party), it indicates that there's something different about Dre.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't know that the "original" is still available here, but the first revamp is and it's what's linked as 1-14. Dre comes over, and you have the choice to let her just fuck Dre or join in. If you do the latter, she says that she wishes it'd been just her and Dre. Since she's essentially indifferent to this same choice in similar cases (e.g. the swinger neighbors, Mike and his wife at the swingers' party), it indicates that there's something different about Dre.
Thank you now i read this that conversation does sound more familiar. I just never read into as much as you have during that part but yeah I noticed that later as I believe he does show up 1 or 2 more times at least.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I just never read into as much as you have during that part but yeah I noticed that later as I believe he does show up 1 or 2 more times at least.
What strikes me more is the "Dre's coming over for a weekend" thing that never happened. The "Dre is consequential, and potentially dangerous to their relationship" hook was well and truly baited, but then the dev stopped fishing.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
I never saw Dre as a threat in tac but as those benefit friends that Anne had in college, in tac I always saw Anne more in lust mode and that she didn't care much about the feelings with which she had sex, only with walker doubt but only when your relationship was going downhill or that it always seemed like a forced scene to me because it didn't feel natural

Reactions: SideshowBobNo.2

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
I'm new to this thread and want to start the game at the beginning. Which of the three DLs is complete up to the current update or is it even available here due to its age?

r0ckh0und

May 8, 2017
I'm new to this thread and want to start the game at the beginning. Which of the three DLs is complete up to the current update or is it even available here due to its age?
There isn't a complete version of "The Adventurous Couple" out yet!

TAC Chapter 14 Full Fixed includes chapter 1 to 14 and TAC Chapter 15 Standalone just includes chapter 15.
This version of the game got stopped and will not developed any further but it has the most content so far.

TACOS part 5a includes at the moment part 1 to 5a and is a rework of the above mentioned version.
The content is and will be slightly different compared to TAC and has not reached the same amount of fullness yet.

TACOS part 5a ≈ TAC Chapter 5

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
I played the 3 previous versions, now I don't want to do what goes against the wind, but it would have been more useful to do something new instead of reviewing this game for the umpteenth time, although it doesn't bring much, that's the story, if they had to implement the different endings, they could add it to the previous version, why redo everything just to visually embellish it.

3.90 star(s) 124 Votes