Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
done that too, still get the error
Can you review your "action_log.txt" ? It shall be created after the game launching. Example attached - as i have started the game without any errors - that shall be similar. Maybe that would give a clue here.

Edit: also i have found on some video that one guy suggest to find out if you have got two files: "vcruntime140.dll" and "msvcp140.dll"
inside both folders:
C:\Windows\System32\
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

... and that's all for it. :unsure:

Last edited:

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
Ok now that beta 0.80 is on the way does anyone know how to MTL the game? The update seems to contain quite a bit of the storyline and I don't wanna wait for a month until the new dialogues get translated

Larclaimer

Nov 1, 2019
MTL ? why ? this guy release ENG+CHN version everytime, no ?
or you actually want to translate it to JP or other language ?

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
Can you review your "action_log.txt" ? It shall be created after the game launching. Example attached - as i have started the game without any errors - that shall be similar. Maybe that would give a clue here.

Edit: also i have found on some video that one guy suggest to find out if you have got two files: "vcruntime140.dll" and "msvcp140.dll"
inside both folders:
C:\Windows\System32\
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

... and that's all for it. :unsure:
yup have those files in both the folders, i can't have the action.log since the game doesn't even start tho

EDIT: using a program for detecting error in opening files i get those files missing basically but dunno at what they are related to

Last edited:

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
yup have those files in both the folders, i can't have the action.log since the game doesn't even start tho

EDIT: using a program for detecting error in opening files i get those files missing basically but dunno at what they are related to
Hmn, i have used that program, result seem similar to yours.
1627058148883.png
Judging by the looks on your system - it is the same result. Yet you have got an error while my systems don't.

Did you try to temporarly disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention)? Or run the app from the folder placed on your desktop and also "Run as admin"? I bellieve i have read others mentioning this here some time ago.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
One more thing: have you tried the solution from this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-agni...sed-dungeon-v0-78-0-b-flat.72868/post-5685464 ?
And that is to install multiple C++ Redistributable packages ?

Edit: I think that error also indicates somethings bad happened while installing the .Net Framework. I would reinstall that one. The problem with .Net Framework was that while it closed installer - some $hitty background processes did take place after that... And if they didn't finish - it could go wrong. So after installing .Net Framework i allways let Windows to chill out, let it do some of those background tasks - while not even doing anything inside Windows.
In some previous versions of the .Net Framework that installer could take about 50% of the CPU power - when viewed in the Task Manager - clearly Windows does some background tasks. I did once forget about that because SSD drives makes it a lot faster overall. But the lack of any other information what happens at the background after closed installer window of that framework is annoying. Once i just restarted laptop while Windows did some background tasks - and the .Net Framework haven't installed for me completely even if i could see it on the installed list of software...

Last edited:

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
One more thing: have you tried the solution from this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-agni...sed-dungeon-v0-78-0-b-flat.72868/post-5685464 ?
And that is to install multiple C++ Redistributable packages ?

Edit: I think that error also indicates somethings bad happened while installing the .Net Framework. I would reinstall that one. The problem with .Net Framework was that while it closed installer - some $hitty background processes did take place after that... And if they didn't finish - it could go wrong. So after installing .Net Framework i allways let Windows to chill out, let it do some of those background tasks - while not even doing anything inside Windows.
In some previous versions of the .Net Framework that installer could take about 50% of the CPU power - when viewed in the Task Manager - clearly Windows does some background tasks. I did once forget about that because SSD drives makes it a lot faster overall. But the lack of any other information what happens at the background after closed installer window of that framework is annoying. Once i just restarted laptop while Windows did some background tasks - and the .Net Framework haven't installed for me completely even if i could see it on the installed list of software...
the thing is, .net framework i find installed is only 1.1 basically while the 4.8 or higher i don't even find where i could uninstall it, this is what i get, and yeah i tried run it as admin and obv it didn't work either.

EDIT: for the DEP it tells me that the game must be run with the DEP active so i can't disable it only for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Technician
D

Deleted member 3763798

too bad about the file encryption, some of the tunes are pretty catchy

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
the thing is, .net framework i find installed is only 1.1 basically while the 4.8 or higher i don't even find where i could uninstall it, this is what i get, and yeah i tried run it as admin and obv it didn't work either.
Alright, read this simple article:

There is a separate "place" for installing NET Framework inside Windows.10.

Make sure to mark ON to install:
  • .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0): This feature is essential to run applications built using Microsoft .NET software framework version 3.5 or older. You can safely enable earlier support, but usually it'll turn on automatically when needed.
  • .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services: You'll need to enable this feature for apps built with version 4.6 of the framework.
And hit OK so Windows will start to install. Don"t rush it or restart machine while doing so. :) After couple of minutes it should be installed - than what you need to do is go to Windows Update. That should be all.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018
MTL ? why ? this guy release ENG+CHN version everytime, no ?
or you actually want to translate it to JP or other language ?
English translation is one month of content behind, which makes it kinda annoying because a part of the great experience of this game comes from the writing/dialogues.

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
Alright, read this simple article:

There is a separate "place" for installing NET Framework inside Windows.10.

Make sure to mark ON to install:
  • .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0): This feature is essential to run applications built using Microsoft .NET software framework version 3.5 or older. You can safely enable earlier support, but usually it'll turn on automatically when needed.
  • .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services: You'll need to enable this feature for apps built with version 4.6 of the framework.
And hit OK so Windows will start to install. Don"t rush it or restart machine while doing so. :) After couple of minutes it should be installed - than what you need to do is go to Windows Update. That should be all.
Ok also done that still not working i checked the boxes of .net framework while doing only that basically

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
Ok also done that still not working i checked the boxes of .net framework while doing only that basically
Damn wow! After all of that it still doesn't work... I am out of suggestions now - like seriously.
I don't think of any other reason why it won't run. Maybe someone else will try to help you here. To my understanding it should work now as all requirements for it to run are met.
It may be prudent of me to ask - did you try to download this game again, unpack into separate folder and run?

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
Damn wow! After all of that it still doesn't work... I am out of suggestions now - like seriously.
I don't think of any other reason why it won't run. Maybe someone else will try to help you here. To my understanding it should work now as all requirements for it to run are met.
It may be prudent of me to ask - did you try to download this game again, unpack into separate folder and run?
yup just tried, one thing i noticed, the error comes out only on games that are made with pixel maker MV dunno if that could help to get which is the problem

Estka

Dec 16, 2019
Have you verified the install version? Despite the system installer saying it's on, here's how to check from powershell

Run PS in admin mode, and copy and paste this w/o quotes:

"Get-ChildItem 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP' -Recurse | Get-ItemProperty -Name version -EA 0 | Where { $_.PSChildName -Match '^(?!S)\p{L}'} | Select PSChildName, version"

Your return should look like what's in my screenshot. If it all returns properly, then it might be damaged files or broken associations. Try running the .net repair tool which you can find here: then see what happens. ps.png

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
Have you verified the install version? Despite the system installer saying it's on, here's how to check from powershell

Run PS in admin mode, and copy and paste this w/o quotes:

"Get-ChildItem 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP' -Recurse | Get-ItemProperty -Name version -EA 0 | Where { $_.PSChildName -Match '^(?!S)\p{L}'} | Select PSChildName, version"

Your return should look like what's in my screenshot. If it all returns properly, then it might be damaged files or broken associations. Try running the .net repair tool which you can find here: then see what happens.
thanks for the tip, i tried doing so and the result is the exact same as you screenshot at every last number

EDIT: i tried checking which packages of c++ i had installed on my laptop and installed the same ones, still not working

Last edited:

Daniel789

Jan 30, 2018
Hello again.
Last try. I would be really thankful!
Land of fire. I got the key out of the vibe, i crawled to the second vibe, but I didnt get Gonduls Fury, so I am stuck. Where could be the mistake here? Or is it a bug? Please help me guys!
I`ve already searched here, but all se: you get Gonduls Fury normally when the story progresses and you put the key in the last vibe.. However, .... I didnt work.

Reborn

Jun 17, 2017
is there a new discord invite? i wanna also try to ask there eventually if someone knows how to solve my problem, i don't think that being in a different hdd is the source of the problem right?

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
is there a new discord invite? i wanna also try to ask there eventually if someone knows how to solve my problem, i don't think that being in a different hdd is the source of the problem right?
Write out a summary of every step you tried here and I'll get you an answer.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes