f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
FYI: Fatal game bug when pregnant with Mimic, avoid them for now until the next patch.

Errende

Jun 8, 2018
I use linux (ubuntu) + wine to emulate window environment and it works.
Do you not get a constant spam of "libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image"?
Because I do, and the result is a bunch of textures becoming giant black and/or white squares that take up the whole screen.

Fessups

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone managed to decrypt the art in the img folder?
Nope, png files in this game are undecryptable, even petschko.org is not working (without hex decryption key). Anybody has any ideas on how to rip/make viewable pngs in the img folder? (Using different viewers not working also, even changing file type/ext.)

nyt11

Dec 21, 2018
Nope, png files in this game are undecryptable, even petschko.org is not working (without hex decryption key). Anybody has any ideas on how to rip/make viewable pngs in the img folder? (Using different viewers not working also, even changing file type/ext.)
As far as I've found out the game uses a custom engine based on the Cocos2d Framework and encrypts most game files. There is a key in resources/data/info.json but I have no idea what to do with that.
The encrypted files have "enc" at the beginning when viewed in an hex editor like HxD, but that's the farthest I've got.

EDIT: When viewing in Task Manager, the game is referred to as Pixel Game Maker MV player. So seemingly not a custom engine at all?

Last edited:

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
Do you not get a constant spam of "libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image"?
Because I do, and the result is a bunch of textures becoming giant black and/or white squares that take up the whole screen.
I have the same issue. Possibly related thread here, but haven't resolved it yet:

Running 64 bit wine does not help; libpng backporting is not an option:

Last edited:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Still doesn't work, and I've installed 2012, 2013, 2015-2019 on x64 and x86 but still doesn't work.
Ditto. Once you get past the missing DLLs it's the 07b error. Game engine seems to have more issues that most engines from the number of posts,

Silver258

Mar 3, 2019
You...

...you...

...you...

...and you.

Game using custom made engine, which require microsoft visual c++ redistributable, which you can download here
I downloaded that, it didnt work, there was straight up a file missing, someone in the commets posted it though so anyone else still having that problem look for the file in the comments

ViperJ

Jun 18, 2018
I believe that warning is normal. I did not have such issue. You might consider checking if there is other error/warning.

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
I believe that warning is normal. I did not have such issue. You might consider checking if there is other error/warning.
The mentioned libpng warning really spams, maybe 80 messages, but there's also this warning:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
and a bunch of fixme's shown.
The game is somewhat working, responsive to controls, therefore I think the libpng message is relevant. I suspect the white square is an attempt to render the player character - on the game canvas - which isn't visible. Also the bottom left corner seems where she's at, If this corner hits the stairs I get a response. Maybe the png 'encryption' is the culprit.
white_square.png

Last edited:

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
You know, in all honesty, I feel like this is one of those games worth paying for and supporting.
Yeah, and he's offering a Patreon stage where you can actually design/discuss/request the next tentacle monster. So since it's still in progress, this is a chance to get your idea out there into the finished product!

I personally want to see some tentacles + yuri lesbian scenes. The possibilities are endless.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes