DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
i downloaded the latest version of the game and it doesn't start without showing any errors what should i do
I'm looking to see if I can do a work around to remove the module that I think is causing the launch problems for some people. If anyone who is having launch crashes would like to send me a copy of the log file or last few lines of the log file at C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\log.txt that would be appreciated and help to confirm where the problem is.

walls77

Aug 29, 2017
Helana is by far the hottest Honey Select-style girl I've seen in any f95 game, followed by Cora. PIV with them can't come soon enough.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
I am stuck with Martial arts on 2, cant up to 7 because Navia never show up evening on Vibes so cant traning with Martial arts. a bug ? i click 7 days every days no navia on evening at vibes. dont get this.

GreyJim

Dec 16, 2018
Is anyone else getting a bad frame in the animations? It looks like just one single frame all messed up, so I'm getting this regular flicker as the animations loop.

I'm running Win 10 on a Skull Canyon i7 NUC with an external nvidia GPU. The flicker happens the same using either internal or external GPU, so it doesn't look like its a graphics driver or settings issue. I checked my system's performance and the animations aren't thrashing it at all.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

cuculain

Dec 12, 2017
I am stuck with Martial arts on 2, cant up to 7 because Navia never show up evening on Vibes so cant traning with Martial arts. a bug ? i click 7 days every days no navia on evening at vibes. dont get this.
Go to Vibes in the evening for Martial arts training
As I said, I've went back to Dr. Vibes floating hotel and spent the entire day there, for over a week, and she isn't showing up. I'm not the only one seeing this.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
As I said, I've went back to Dr. Vibes floating hotel and spent the entire day there, for over a week, and she isn't showing up. I'm not the only one seeing this.
You can cheat the stats for Martial Arts training, you are fairly close to the end of this update and it shouldn't screw things up. I had to cheat them to finish the quest.

malecki

Nov 1, 2018
I have tried a couple of times now, and after i buy the DSLR and set up the photo shoot, the quest log says to "bring Christina over to see Lucie in a couple of days", but the event never triggers. Could anyone upload a savegame just before the photoshoot event with Lucie and Christina?

Other than that i really like the game ;)

One-Jack

Apr 8, 2019
I have tried a couple of times now, and after i buy the DSLR and set up the photo shoot, the quest log says to "bring Christina over to see Lucie in a couple of days", but the event never triggers. Could anyone upload a savegame just before the photoshoot event with Lucie and Christina?

Other than that i really like the game
A phone icon will appear while in your room in the evening or at night, can't remember which.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm looking to see if I can do a work around to remove the module that I think is causing the launch problems for some people. If anyone who is having launch crashes would like to send me a copy of the log file or last few lines of the log file at C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\log.txt that would be appreciated and help to confirm where the problem is.
Here's my log after crash.

malecki

Nov 1, 2018
A phone icon will appear while in your room in the evening or at night, can't remember which.
Thanks man, i think this was a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees ;) i was certain i looked everywhere, but i found it

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Here's my log after crash.
Thanks, that's a real help. This confirms that the database module is causing problems for a number of people. I'm rewriting the code to completely remove the SQLite db module and store all game data in a different (json) format. I'll have an updated version of the game out in a day or two once I've finished testing the changes.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
No, you're not. I also can't seem to trigger the Navia training even after going to Vibes in the morning and advancing time through the whole day. I also tried that for multiple days, and it never happens. It's not the only event that is failing to trigger at Vibes for me, I can pretty much only talk to the Miao there, so I can't complete the "Check out Dr Vibes floating hotel", "Visit the girl you rescued", or "Train up your ninja skills" tasks.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
No, you're not. I also can't seem to trigger the Navia training even after going to Vibes in the morning and advancing time through the whole day. I also tried that for multiple days, and it never happens. It's not the only event that is failing to trigger at Vibes for me, I can pretty much only talk to the Miao there, so I can't complete the "Check out Dr Vibes floating hotel", "Visit the girl you rescued", or "Train up your ninja skills" tasks.
I've found a bug that if a certain training stage with Navia hasn't been completed before rescuing Ashling the next training stage wouldn't show. I've fixed this and will be releasing an updated beta in a day or two.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
I've found a bug that if a certain training stage with Navia hasn't been completed before rescuing Ashling the next training stage wouldn't show. I've fixed this and will be releasing an updated beta in a day or two.
That's great to hear. Aside from this issue I've been enjoying the game a lot. It's one of the very few sandbox-style games here that figured out how to make this concept fun and enjoyable. I'm looking forward to see what the story will go. Cheers!

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Is anyone else getting a bad frame in the animations? It looks like just one single frame all messed up, so I'm getting this regular flicker as the animations loop.
This is a limitation of the Godot engine not having the ability to loop animations. Every time the animation replays the engine has to reload it. On most machines this doesn't seem to be a problem as the animations are small and load fast enough for this to be seamless. Unfortunately not for all! I don't know if drive speed is the limitation or what. I may be able to extract a single frame and display it as the background to make it less jarring but it would still cause a hitch. There isn't anything I can do to perfectly fix this at this stage until Godot has looping video added.

Reactions: GreyJim

GreyJim

Dec 16, 2018
This is a limitation of the Godot engine not having the ability to loop animations. Every time the animation replays the engine has to reload it. On most machines this doesn't seem to be a problem as the animations are small and load fast enough for this to be seamless. Unfortunately not for all! I don't know if drive speed is the limitation or what. I may be able to extract a single frame and display it as the background to make it less jarring but it would still cause a hitch. There isn't anything I can do to perfectly fix this at this stage until Godot has looping video added.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. At least now I know it's not my PC.
Well, maybe... It wasn't a discernable problem when I was using an older i5 running Win 7. But a newer i7 with win 10...
Lets blame Win 10! ;)

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Hi! For info, I just tried to execute the 0.5.0b game on a MacBook Pro Retina using MacOS 10.14.6. The Application is stuck as "Not Responding" on launch. Not even a loading screen.
i downloaded the latest version of the game and it doesn't start without showing any errors what should i do
download the game launch 3 second of screen and down nothing directly crash without a word :/
I've stripped out the module (SQLite) that seems to have been causing most of the startup crashes. I've set it up to use built-in methods only. I've released this as a second beta due to it being a fairly major change to the game. Also a few quest bugs fixed in this version and some improvements to task info and starting of some quests.

Mephist

Feb 20, 2018
I've stripped out the module (SQLite) that seems to have been causing most of the startup crashes. I've set it up to use built-in methods only. I've released this as a second beta due to it being a fairly major change to the game. Also a few quest bugs fixed in this version and some improvements to task info and starting of some quests.
Works for me now, thanks :)

Reactions: DrVibes

cuculain

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. At least now I know it's not my PC.
Well, maybe... It wasn't a discernable problem when I was using an older i5 running Win 7. But a newer i7 with win 10...
Lets blame Win 10! ;)
Some SSD drives when reaching max capacity may exhibit poorer performance compared to the older platter drives.

Reactions: GreyJim
Aug 4, 2017
tried it now and it works, thank you DrVibes.

4.70 star(s) 78 Votes