hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
I've stripped out the module (SQLite) that seems to have been causing most of the startup crashes. I've set it up to use built-in methods only. I've released this as a second beta due to it being a fairly major change to the game. Also a few quest bugs fixed in this version and some improvements to task info and starting of some quests.
That fixed the issues triggering the Navia training event. Still no luck with the other two events I mentioned ("Check out Dr Vibes hotel" and "Visit the girl you rescued").

Thanks a bunch DrVibes!

Last edited:

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Looks like when getting ready to play the piano for Cara, after the line "I was looking for someone to annoy, and as luck has it, you're my only choice!", Cara's next two lines are labelled as "Christina".

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
That fixed the issues triggering the Navia training event. Still no luck with the other two events I mentioned ("Check out Dr Vibes hotel" and "Visit the girl you rescued").

Thanks a bunch DrVibes!
There was a bug where the 'Rescue' event was triggered before it was supposed to (fixed in beta 2). I think you could possibly have triggered this and be a bit out of sync with events? If you'd like to send me a save file I can take a look and see what is going on (save files are located at C:\Users***\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\save*).

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Looks like when getting ready to play the piano for Cara, after the line "I was looking for someone to annoy, and as luck has it, you're my only choice!", Cara's next two lines are labelled as "Christina".
Thanks! I've fixed it in the latest development version (may not show correctly until v0.6)

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
There was a bug where the 'Rescue' event was triggered before it was supposed to (fixed in beta 2). I think you could possibly have triggered this and be a bit out of sync with events? If you'd like to send me a save file I can take a look and see what is going on (save files are located at C:\Users***\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\save*).
Unfortunately I won't be able to help you with that at the moment. My PC fried yesterday and I have no idea when I'll be able to get it fixed. Sorry :(

I'll probably restart the game with the mac version since I have a macbook as well, but I doubt I can exactly retrace my steps due to the open nature of the game.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Hello I've gotten now 2 DSLRs but the DSLR task will not complete. I remember that one camera event occurred where my character had a DSLR before I bought it. But now, the task "Buy a DSLR Camera" will not complete. The hotel event just occurred with Juno and the lactation scene. I also just reached the end of version 5.0. Any help would be appreciated.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Hello I've gotten now 2 DSLRs but the DSLR task will not complete. I remember that one camera event occurred where my character had a DSLR before I bought it. But now, the task "Buy a DSLR Camera" will not complete. The hotel event just occurred with Juno and the lactation scene. I also just reached the end of version 5.0. Any help would be appreciated.
Any chance you could send me your save file? There was a bug where the rescue girl event was kicking off before it should. You could be affected by that or another bug and I should be able to fix it if I take a look at the save. Saves are stored at C:\Users***\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\save-page-slot.sav

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Any chance you could send me your save file? There was a bug where the rescue girl event was kicking off before it should. You could be affected by that or another bug and I should be able to fix it if I take a look at the save. Saves are stored at C:\Users***\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\DrV\save-page-slot.sav
Sure. Thanks! And yes, I did get the rescue girl event.

Reactions: UraN82

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Sure. Thanks! And yes, I did get the rescue girl event.
Thanks. It doesn't look as if it's affected your play-through (all scenes look completed). There were some previous bugs with the shop and inventory that probably caused the task not to get marked off. I've put a fix for this into the next version and when that comes out it will mark the task as complete. Chances are this is affecting more players so thanks for helping with the save file!

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks. It doesn't look as if it's affected your play-through (all scenes look completed). There were some previous bugs with the shop and inventory that probably caused the task not to get marked off. I've put a fix for this into the next version and when that comes out it will mark the task as complete. Chances are this is affecting more players so thanks for helping with the save file!
Happy to help. Thanks for the hard work!

Tulandra

Sep 27, 2019
Awsome game.
In my top five on this site.
There should be some max limit on stats, now you can train endlesly but game only need a certain skill limit. (Stamina 20/20)
A max limit whould remove needless grinding.
Events that have already been seen should be marked as seen in main gui, so those that dont want to repeat them can avoid it.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Awsome game.
In my top five on this site.
There should be some max limit on stats, now you can train endlesly but game only need a certain skill limit. (Stamina 20/20)
A max limit whould remove needless grinding.
Events that have already been seen should be marked as seen in main gui, so those that dont want to repeat them can avoid it.
I'll see what I can do about the stat capping.
I could probably change the ring around the event character to a gold ring if the event is new, and leaving it white for anything done before... not completely obvious though... I'll come up with something!

Thanks for the ideas, it's great to get feedback on ways to improve things (especially when they're fairly easy things heh!).

zeka7

Jul 24, 2018
I don't see anyone mentioning it, but I never got the event "Lucies Revenge". It just appeared in the replay event gallery after (I think, I am not sure of excact moment it appeared) after the first photoshoot with Lucy.

GreyJim

Dec 16, 2018
Many thanks for posting v0.6.0
Would it be possible to have it uploaded to Mega please?
I'm only able to get at most 25KB/sec out of all the existing upload sites.

Reactions: Shadowcrow

Talehon

Feb 8, 2018
Whenever I run into the guy in the morning at the Shop, my game crashes. I got further in with other people but even still, it crashes 100% of the time there.

Reactions: anhedon and JBJZ
4.70 star(s) 78 Votes