Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
So, ACT II takes place 2 years(etc.) before the events of ACT I or something like that? I love this game and have played it from update to update, but if that's the case, might as well wait for ACT III then.
The interlude takes place about two days before act I. The start of Act II itself is currently under development

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Walkthrough PDF is updated. Not sure if the variables will affect anything in the main story (I do not think so since they are not persistent). Also, there were a lot of combinations of variables, so I tried to organize the best I can.

For my own thoughts on this update, it is worrying having multiple protagonists now since that rarely ends well (especially when the non-main MC starts getting his/her own sex scenes). It takes away from the main MC and is less immersive.
The main game would still feature our one and only MC. Least to say, the non-main character we see the POV of in this interlude would only be featured exclusively in this interlude. Other characters, with the exception of Heather, would also be exclusive to this interlude only.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
The main game would still feature our one and only MC. Least to say, the non-main character we see the POV of in this interlude would only be featured exclusively in this interlude. Other characters, with the exception of Heather, would also be exclusive to this interlude only.
Well, I would be very, very careful with how you handle characters from the main story that appear in the interlude or vice versa. One wrong move there could cost a lot.

For me personally, I dislike multiple MC games. They make the game far less immersive and take away from the characters I care more about to characters that I care nothing for.

Anyway, one bug I noticed when doing the walkthrough is that the the sex scene variable is never set. There is a dialogue split for it, but the variable itself it not set to true/false for that choice.

One other thing: I would assume you have this planned already, but since the choices in the Interlude will affect parts of the main story, you will need to somehow bring the choices we made there to our main save. I am not sure how that will done since I do not know Renpy that well, but I would assume that is something you have looked into.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I'm really excited to Act2, guess its time to download the assistant, can't wait anymore for more of this story, i love the plot x.x u have awsome writing skills :3

Reactions: Crispy Chicken

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Just little couple of advice, most people really don't like multiple protagonist so maybe not make this interlude a regular thing if there is information to be heard let the protagonist know in the current act and for the love of god don't make any type of romantic or sexual content that doesn't include the original protagonist with the LI even if it is in the past because fans will scream sloppy seconds and will run away from this. I really don't see the logic behind making this multiple protagonist I think it will hurt the game more than anything else. As I said you may want to reconsider that because yeah multiple protagonist are pretty common on novels and movies but in Adults Visual Novel most players self insert and that breaks the immersion and make sexual tags very complicate.

Last edited:

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Just little couple of advice, most people really don't like multiple protagonist so maybe not make this interlude a regular thing if there is information to be heard let the protagonist know in the current act and for the love of god don't make any type of romantic or sexual content that doesn't include the original protagonist with the LI even if it is in the past because fans will scream sloppy seconds and will run away from this. I really don't see the logic behind making this multiple protagonist I think it will hurt the game more than anything else. As I said you may want to reconsider that because yeah multiple protagonist are pretty common on novels and movies but in Adults Visual Novel most players self insert and that breaks the immersion and make sexual tags very complicate.
Have to agree I wasnt a fan for many reasons. Hate flash backs.

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
Yeah not really sure what the point of The Assistant was in the end, like I get that your trying to show off the back story but I feel like having another protagonist and a bunch of throwaway characters just didn't work for me. Your supposed to feel bad for bianca dying but its doesn't really have an emotional pay off because your not remotely invested in any of the characters presented to you. I feel like these flash backs would work better as part of the main story as told by surviving characters and would have a better impact in that way. I get you tried something new that not a lot of other games attempt but it just didn't pay off imo and was kind of a waster of development resources that could of gone into chapter 2.

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
The interlude takes place about two days before act I. The start of Act II itself is currently under development
Thanks for the clarification. Can't wait for ACT II then. :love:
I don't mind flashbacks (most of the time), but I got confused because it's called ACT II Interlude in the changelog and from people's conversations. It's quite misleading.

Reactions: Crispy Chicken

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
so was there any new content? because I loaded a save and it still said this is the end of current content? or was the beginning changed or reworked?

BastardX

May 13, 2018
Was there any more story added with 5.8?? I got it but when i went to from last save the story just ended like 5.1.

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes