DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Developer Log - March 2024

1711458220278.png

Welcome to this month's Developer Log!
As you may have noticed, Status Updates have recently slowed down as compared to previous months. That's mainly because I've entered the phase of development which takes a majority of my time: post-processing of images, majority of the animations, and of course, the spicy scenes.

Spicy Scenes
For Act II - Chapter 3, all nine scenes would be equally divided between Alice, Sydney, Luna, Tiffany, Jessica, Bailey, Heather, and Hayley, plus one other character that will soon be introduced. Unlike previous chapters, these won't be exclusive to one another, meaning you'll be able to play through all of them in one go as long as you make the right choices.

Act II - Chapter 3
As of today, The Arson Betrayal - Act 2, Chapter 3 currently has 1,961 images and 17 animations. This is nowhere near my estimated number, so the final number would probably be announced near the update's release. I'm capable of making at least 20 to 30 images at a minimum and up to 50 to 60 on a good day with the few hours I have after going home from work so please bear with me.

Polls
For this month's theme: Kissing (and other naughty stuff). Wallpapers will be posted in the 30th, plus a few other renders I've made these past few weeks! I hope you like 'em!

Patron Polls

Alice won by numbers, securing her spot as this month's character for the Patron Wallpapers!

Public Polls

Tiffany (again) won by a landslide! I guess there's really no going against her, huh? She'll be featured as this month's character for our Public Wallpapers!

Discord Polls

A tie between Bailey and Alice, huh? Now this is a nice combination.

Patron Teaser
A Sneak Peak for Act II - Chapter 3 is available for Patrons!

That's it for now. Cheers!

~ Crispy

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Just started the game, and right out the gate I got a question:

Right in the beginning of the game, when Alice follows us into the apartment and we let her stay the night we're alone (we can lie about having a GF that never shows up). Alice then leaves.

Shortly after that, we get introduced to Ben as our resident best friend. Thing is, he's introduced as someone who has been crashing with us in our apartment for a good while now. But he was nowhere to be seen the first time Alice comes around, nor in the morning after.

Is this a continuity error, or is that addressed in the game at some point I haven't gotten to yet? (I have just met Tiffany for the first time as of right now, very much in the beginning of the game, but already a while since the events above take place that I feel the question is appropriate)

Stuff like that really stand out to me.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, just found this today. I'm playing "normal" (I guess) but I'm curious what "Casual Mode" changes? Is it about content? pacing? choices?

Also, why does it keep telling me a codex is getting updated if I can't look at it? (I don't know why, but that kind of thing annoys me. If a game tells me about something, I want to check it out.)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Okay, just found this today. I'm playing "normal" (I guess) but I'm curious what "Casual Mode" changes? Is it about content? pacing? choices?

Also, why does it keep telling me a codex is getting updated if I can't look at it? (I don't know why, but that kind of thing annoys me. If a game tells me about something, I want to check it out.)
I got here today, too. :LOL:

It's further down the list for me, though.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
My "LIST" is the 15-ish folders open on my desktop and how long my attention span lets me play any one game before deciding what to do next ...
Are you more of a "creative"? Oddly, I score pretty evenly - my corpus callosum is apparently a very broad, fast and busy highway. Must be why I was able to do so much successful tax planning (and beat the shit out of auditors) for so many years. ;):LOL:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Are you more of a "creative"? Oddly, I score pretty evenly - my corpus callosum is apparently a very broad, fast and busy highway. Must be why I was able to do so much successful tax planning (and beat the shit out of auditors) for so many years. ;):LOL:
Meh ... I've never done any of those tests, but I don't think I'm "more of" anything. I'm reasonably creative, but not exceptionally. My academic skills are okay, but only a bit above average in most subjects. I'm an okay writer and decent at layout and presentation, but only 'cause it's been my job for over 25 years.

Oh, and I'm lazy as fuck.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I have two things I want to say:

1) The fact that MC keeps his mind on the two hot college girls I'm pretty sure he JUST MET the day everything went down (and that they both suddenly are ready to drop cherries with him when the whole opening was a dare?) is almost more fantastical than the plot.

2) While confusing, game does live up to the title.

Delegue

Dec 9, 2023
I do have a question, am I the only one who's starting to get real pissed about people winking every here and there for no damn reason ?
Every time I'm starting to get into the game there's always a random wink and it piss me off so bad, like it's not as if they were winking when doing innuendos, it mostly feel like the dev do this because he can't do certain types of facial expression so instead he just make them wink.
And not even real winks, they're literally just closing one eye and it's so damn cringe it weirds me out every single time. Just keep the same render instead of using cheap means to make conversation look "animated"

• Haha
Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Delegue

Dec 9, 2023
I mean, I'm not trying to be offending because I know (or at least I can get) that developing a game is a huge work and all and honestly being someone who play VN for free I may not be legitimate to complain because I could just switch to another game.
But here's the thing, this game is great, really, but it's exactly because it's a great one that I don't get why those random winks exist, for the first few times it appeared I felt like there was some innuendos I didn't get because my main language is French and not English and the game being about betrayal and all I thought details were important but then as the story went on I realised it was just "random" and it just kept growing on my nerves
Also at some point, I think it was around the time the cop told me that there would be a lockdown (act 1 maybe chap 3 or 4), dude said he couldn't believe the two college girls where fine to share even tho I exclusively went for the dark haired one without interacting with the other one except when they both introduced themselves, I'm being vague because I don't know how the spoiler things work but those who have played will get what I mean and I thought changing it may help improve the immersion.

• Haha
Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I do have a question, am I the only one who's starting to get real pissed about people winking every here and there for no damn reason ?
Every time I'm starting to get into the game there's always a random wink and it piss me off so bad, like it's not as if they were winking when doing innuendos, it mostly feel like the dev do this because he can't do certain types of facial expression so instead he just make them wink.
And not even real winks, they're literally just closing one eye and it's so damn cringe it weirds me out every single time. Just keep the same render instead of using cheap means to make conversation look "animated"
Wink.jpg

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I'm liking this one so far, although I'm taking a break in the middle of Ch 3.

I'm a fan of harem games in general, and I like the story, which is a plus for me, but I'm not that big a fan of "choose your favorite" every 3-4 choices over and over again ... especially when we have barely got a chance to know them as a player.

Last edited:

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I'm a fan of harem games in general, and I like the story, which is a plus for me, but I'm not that big a fan of "choose your favorite" ever 3-4 choices over and over again ... especially when we have barely got a chance to know them as a player.
Yay I am not alone! Drives me mad, just don't understand why to limit scenes in a harem game like this. Love the game otherwise.

4.50 star(s) 43 Votes