Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Finished this today and really enjoyed it. Liked the MC, all the girls, and pretty much all the supporting cast. The bad guys are kind of comically evil and seem to get away with just about anything but regardless this story is really fun. I would like to see some more peeps who stand up to these crooks at some point though.

What happened to Bianca and the others in the interlude was a huge shock so well played. I hope there is another interlude that continues Jason's story as a mutant or not (I am not sure he is dead)... but leaves Heather for the MC :)

If I have to pick favorite girls I would say Alice, Tiffany, and Heather. Heather has such beautiful eyes, she is gorgeous and a great character.

My hopefully constructive criticism is more subjective but I will add it in case the dev is interested:
The game has the same issue/benefit any harem game has, a lot of girls. I get frustrated missing content with them so since the game has a choice to be with or not be with some I cant understand why the dev then further makes us choose which one to spend time with. I can understand the different paths as in romance or dominate, but not making us miss scenes when we already get limited time with them.

Anyway, it was very enjoyable and I will be adding this to the list of games I support.

Thanks!

vikkege123

Feb 11, 2021
This game has one of the best stories I have seen in a VN and I have to say this is a hidden gem. Feels like I am watching an action movie while playing this game. The romance, action and lewd scenes are implemented nicely.

Thanks for this amazing game Crispy Chicken . I hope you get enough support to complete this game :D

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Copy of Copy of THE ARSON BETRAYAL (2).png

Developer Log - February 2024

Welcome to this month's Developer Log!
To kick-start things, let me open up with an apology. I know it's been some time now since the last update, but it's been a bit of a hassle at work and I can only work on the game for about two to three hours a day. It's part of the reason why I'm looking forward to my days off! Now that it's all settled, let's dive head on to what we can expect for 0.8.0!
A brand new prologue
You've read that right. The current prologue was something I've made about two years ago. Now that I could at least confidently say that my writing skills has somewhat improved, I remade the prologue to be intense and to have a somewhat consistent theme with the rest of the game. Opening up with Henry Arson and jumping straight to a softcore scene with Sydney was a little contradicting to the overall 'serious' theme The Arson Betrayal portrays, and so I hope y'all would enjoy the new (and longer) prologue.
The Codex
This bit of the game underwent a LOT of changes. Still, after a lot of searching, reading, and studying, I now managed to make a full-fledged codex filled with a few things to know about the characters and the world of The Arson Betrayal. It's also coded in the game so translators could easily make a localized translation of it!
Act II - Chapter 3
As for the update, I did say earlier on how I went a little bit overboard with animations. Now that we've got almost all the girls in the harem in one place, you can expect quite a few scenes in 0.8.0 compared to previous chapters. And the best part? You can see all of 'em in one go! (As long as you haven't closed their route). I do have to say that the new update would also include some heavy themes and moral dilemmas which would affect the story, so be prepared.
The chapter is estimated to be a little bit long, with a lot of action, spicy scenes, and twists, so stay tuned!
Monthly Polls
For our Public polls for this month's wallpaper, Tiffany won (again), but not without Alice making the fight a little too close for comfort. For the Patron polls, however, our blondie Sydney won the stalemate, since her, Alice, and Jessica were tied through numbers, but won with votes from higher Patron tiers.
Last Few Remarks
Once again, thank you to everyone for your continued support and love for The Arson Betrayal. The game is free-to-play, and always will be, but a bit of support by being a Patron helps (You can gain access to exclusive renders, teasers, and polls!)
Also, I've been working with a friend of mine, another starting developer, as a writer for an HS2 VN project of his. He's handling all the coding and art (the heavy stuff), while I'll be handling the narratives and writing. The Arson Betrayal is still my foremost priority, but even though TAB is a project I'm still solely developing, it seems Crispy Chicken Productions has now two (2) developers in it, and another VN under it's name would be making the rounds soon.
As for this new project.. We'll be introducing it soon enough.

I guess that's it! Cheers, and I'll see you all very soon.
~ Crispy

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Where in the world do you find the codex? Is it even implemented yet? I keep seeing the notif pop up that it was updated but can't seem to find where it is?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Where in the world do you find the codex? Is it even implemented yet? I keep seeing the notif pop up that it was updated but can't seem to find where it is?
I don't think it's implemented yet in the current version, I only get this one screen when I open it
1709112822885.png

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Copy of Copy of THE ARSON BETRAYAL (3).png

[Announcement] March Polls

We've done it! We've reached 1K followers on Twitter (or X, whatever they call it nowadays)
To celebrate this, I'll be posting renders featuring all of the girls, with a special patron render introducing the newest girl (and officially the last).
Still, it ain't a poll without a poll. We'll be having our Wallpaper Polls on March 15, along with another special poll in Discord, so be sure not to miss it!
On a side note, The Arson Betrayal - Act 2, Chapter 3 currently has 1,322 images and 11 animations and counting. I still have a lot more to do so expect those numbers to blow up on the update's final stages.
~ Crispy

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
About to start this game, but I have a question (if the answer is spoilery, it's fine).
Is there anything supernatural going on in this game (demons, magic, ghosts, whatever)? Or it's all "science" and "as real as it gets"?

Reactions: rudy007
4.50 star(s) 43 Votes