buff

May 29, 2017
Love that the first guy reacting to the Grayson joke is named "Nightwing". Too perfect.

faldeck

Jan 25, 2021
Love the game, great story with good twist and turns. The ony issue I found is with the rework it seems the animations in game play seem to lag or are choppy. I never had that issue in earlier versions, anyone else having the same issue?

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Whats with the pointless choices and why are some of them green. Doesnt seem meaningful to the story unless its just flaour text stuff but even that doesnt seem meaningful, you'd think we get more than 2 if that was the case. . Like one was "thats awesome" and the other was "thats nice" Its the dam same thing.

Does it mean ones a wrong answer and the other is a right answer. So you cant play how you want, but only on the correct answers ?

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
1701851382515.png

It's The Arson Betrayal's 2nd Anniversary!

Here we are. It's been two years since I've released the game for initial release.

The AVN community has always been one of the friendliest communities I've ever had the opportunity of interacting with. In it, I've met players whom provided me with both praise and encouragement for my work, as well as constructive criticism which helped, and still helps me strive to improve. I've met fellow developers who provided me with both assistance and guidance in the development process. I've met Patrons whom, with their kind words, attention, financial, mental, and emotional support, helps in keeping the game alive.

My sincerest thanks to all of The Arson Betrayal's Patrons and players. I'd also like to thank our Discord Server's Moderators, Sleep and Thanathros; volf3n, for his proofreading skills and wisdom; And my fellow developers for their help and company. You're too many to count.

As both an outlet and a great way to alleviate the stressors of everyday life, developing The Arson Betrayal will always serve as one of my life's greatest passions. Like I've said two years before, there's no stopping now, and I'll definitely see this thing through. Although, we won't only stop with The Arson Betrayal. With your continued patronage and support, let's make more stories together.

Cheers to everyone. Thank you for the two years, and here's to many more.
~ Crispy Chicken

buff

May 29, 2017
Whats with the pointless choices and why are some of them green. Doesnt seem meaningful to the story unless its just flaour text stuff but even that doesnt seem meaningful, you'd think we get more than 2 if that was the case. . Like one was "thats awesome" and the other was "thats nice" Its the dam same thing.

Does it mean ones a wrong answer and the other is a right answer. So you cant play how you want, but only on the correct answers ?
They make hidden stats go up and down, and yeah you do get penalized if you guess wrong. For example, the middle-of-the-night wakeup scene with Alice won't happen if you chose poorly. Best to use a guide mod if you want to see all the good stuff.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020

I do admit I forgot to fix that part, seeing as words don't necessarily translate the context and tone of what the MC was saying.

It was supposedly a "That's awesome!" vs "That's nice..." kind of choice. My bad :<

Reactions: sonhot

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
1703167541290.png

Developer Log - December 2023

It's starting to get cold with Christmas on the horizon!

Welcome to another Developer Log by yours truly, Crispy.

I'll be tackling three (3) topics for this log, so bear with me!

The New Update (Version 0.8.0)
This update's only halfway through, and I sincerely blame my sudden onset of creativity regarding animations. You'll be expecting several animations throughout the new chapter, as well as several scenes with the harem, seeing as they're all in one place now (Things are about to get busy). Some are still a little taken aback by the sheer number of girls being introduced, but don't worry you'll find out who they are soon enough, and whether they're part of the harem, or something else.

Another thing about 0.8.0 is (finally) the Codex. I've been working on this one for a long time now since it's undergone several revisions and changes. Creating a world entirely from scratch makes plot holes and expositions inevitable, and so I wanna make sure players would understand and immerse themselves in the game with the help of the Codex.

Of course, things ain't complete without reworks. I've only changed two things regarding earlier chapters for 0.8.0, mainly: the Intro, the Sydney/Jessica scene on Act 1 - Chapter 4, and Sydney's scene on Act 2 - Chapter 1.

The Intro was, to say the least, one of the core concepts I've thought of even before I started developing the game. Looking back, it was meant to quickly submerge the players into this whirlpool of questions without slapping too much context. It was, as I've realized, an intro that was much too slow for the story. I've spent quite the time writing and storyboarding these past few days, so be prepared for a fully animated intro that focuses on showing the world of Ablesmith, not through words but actions, without deviating from the original.

Spicy scenes
As for the spicy scenes, I've reviewed it all and decided to revamp them. Sydney and Jessica's scenes will now be split into three depending on the MC's choices, you could either opt to see Sydney's new solo scene, Jessica's new solo scene, or their throuple scene (which is currently available in-game). As for Sydney's motel scene on Act 2, players now have the option whether to have some fun with her, or to simply cuddle in a wholesome (non-lewd way). I promised players I'd improve the MCs relationships with the girls and that scenes would entirely be optional, so there you go.

Special Renders and stuff
Yup, I haven't forgotten! I'll be releasing polls for players and Patrons to vote on soon, as well as wallpapers for everyone before the year ends!

Lastly, I've been dropping hints about my future games here and there, going as far as featuring characters that you'll probably see in the future, so stay sharp!

That's it for this Dev. Log!

Cheers, and stay tuned for 0.8.0!
~ Crispy

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
i grabbed this one because it seemed interesting a bit but i waited for a while before checking it out because the initial impression didn't give off the right magnitude of the story presented so i was very pleasantly surprised by the game and story. it's one of those rare ones where at the end of the chapter the first thought when you see the message saying next update you think "No!, Damnit just one more chapter!" so yeah you definitely sunk your teeth into me with this one. definitely one of my fave top 5. i sincerely cannot wait for the next chapter to be released ^^b

kimhuynjoong

Aug 8, 2022
The game is amazing It feels like the developer knows my every preference From the story to the choices. wow I'm really looking forward to it Tag: Pregnant! which I would love to see appear in the future when I cum inside the girls ❤ Khask Dev

Visick

Sep 27, 2021
Very good game so far. I enjoyed it very much. One bug I ran into is that the last Gallery scene will not unlock (get an "IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/replay/c03_gal6.jpg'." when opening the gallery).

Also, here is a pdf walkthrough for the game for those wanting one. Let me know if I have any mistakes. Thanks

Edit: Updated to v0.7.5.
Only added the small choice in the prologue; if any more changed, let me know.
Hmm, question about this. In the walkthrough it's been 99 percent accurate, but two spots have made me think I'm doing something wrong. On page 3 at the bottom it has a note about giving Jessica a pet name. I definitely completed what the note says to do if I want to be able to do that, but there was no option. Secondly, on page 6 (chapter 2) number 3 never comes up as a dialogue option for me despite me having completed those requirements also (no option to say anything after "It's a little unfair letting you stay on the couch and all.")

Honestly these aren't big deals in general, but it does make me wonder if there are further things that are different in this walkthrough. Also I could just be missing something and being dumb

EDIT: Just noticed another one, right after #3 on page 6, even though I have [BaileyGoDateC02], I don't have an option of how to respond understandingly or telling her I'm disappointed. It seems like it defaulted to understanding. I think it did the same thing with the previous choice, didn't let me tell a joke after Alice said it was unfair to let me stay on the couch, seems like it also defaulted to "Be a decent human being"

Last edited:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Hmm, question about this. In the walkthrough it's been 99 percent accurate, but two spots have made me think I'm doing something wrong. On page 3 at the bottom it has a note about giving Jessica a pet name. I definitely completed what the note says to do if I want to be able to do that, but there was no option. Secondly, on page 6 (chapter 2) number 3 never comes up as a dialogue option for me despite me having completed those requirements also (no option to say anything after "It's a little unfair letting you stay on the couch and all.")

Honestly these aren't big deals in general, but it does make me wonder if there are further things that are different in this walkthrough. Also I could just be missing something and being dumb

EDIT: Just noticed another one, right after #3 on page 6, even though I have [BaileyGoDateC02], I don't have an option of how to respond understandingly or telling her I'm disappointed. It seems like it defaulted to understanding. I think it did the same thing with the previous choice, didn't let me tell a joke after Alice said it was unfair to let me stay on the couch, seems like it also defaulted to "Be a decent human being"
You are correct. I thought I caught everything with the changes (game has gone through reworks with the chapters) but I missed a few.
Thanks for pointing it out.
If you notice any more, let me know, or I will try to go through everything this weekend to make sure everything is correct (hopefully not more dialogue changes after this).

Reactions: Visick

Visick

Sep 27, 2021
You are correct. I thought I caught everything with the changes (game has gone through reworks with the chapters) but I missed a few.
Thanks for pointing it out.
If you notice any more, let me know, or I will try to go through everything this weekend to make sure everything is correct (hopefully not more dialogue changes after this).
Great! And I didn't mention it in the reply, but thanks for the work on this walkthrough. Using it combined with the in-game version is really helpful imo. I'll be sure to mention any other spots that may have changed slightly

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Love the plot, neat characters. Does the main protagonist end up getting powers somehow?. Not referring to Jason, something certainly happened to him at the lab. Whatever happened at the lab, Jason injected something into himself, whatever happened to him, he is either dead which I doubt or he mutated and escaped the lab. Leading me back to the main protagonist, does something happen where the MC. That would be cool. The MC encounters the scientist turned into something else and bites the MC setting off a chain reaction where the MC develops powers.

4.50 star(s) 43 Votes