juanito

Jun 19, 2017
The Arson Betrayal is a linear harem visual novel … Major choices are remembered and will make an impact on future in-game events.
Linear as opposed to sandbox or? I normally take linear to mean this though:

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Linear as opposed to sandbox or? I normally take linear to mean this though:
Hmm, guess I should reword it. The game is linear, not sandbox. However, your choices will eventually lead to multiple possible endings. Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: juanito

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Hi! found some typos in this update and thought I'd mention them

<!>typos<!>

Ben: Those guys me wanted me to distract
should be "you wanted me"

MC's thoughts: or maybe i'm just not used in having someone else cook for me.
should be used to having someone cook for me

Alice: we can't move until my uncle isn't recovered
double negatives should be but we cant move until my uncle has recovered

When you choose to spend time with tiffanny
mc: sorry. there's cops outside. I don't really know if they're looking for me to, but we can't take that risk
missing another o in to

When you meet jessica after meeting tiffany
During sex: ANHGHH~! F~!
ANHGHH~! FUCK! or ANHGHH~! FuuuuCK~!

Scene at night with sergeant nathan and the rookie
Sergeant Nathan:So, you're off duty tommorow, am I right?
Luna:yes sir
Sergeant: Better get used to it *chuckle*
Luna: Don't you have days off, too?
... blah blah ...
Sergeant: In a span of five years, he's almost rooted out every syndicate and corrupt cops in the force.
I think it should be In a span of five years, he'd or he almost rooted out every syndicate and corrupt cop in the force.

When Luna comes to hear alice's story
Mayor and police chief. They were the one who would gain the most from my father's death.
Should be: The Mayor and police chief, They were the ones who would...

Also I have some suggestions for rewording some sentences if you don't mind
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

<!>Typos end<!>

Also after going to visit jessica in the previous branches it seems that I can't go visit sydney after spending time with either bailey or tiffany. I was under the notion that I could choose her or jessica in the previous scenes dialogue when the mc was thinking of someone to call? Did I go too far into her route or is it supposed to lock us into one of the two when we choose? Or am I reading too much into that event ? I probably am haha

Anyway, wow you seem to push out updates pretty fast nice to see another update Crispy!

malridoo

Oct 9, 2020
How to get the scene with Tiff in the changing room?
Because I got just the option: "Let her go."

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Dun really know how good the game might be. I DO know I hate being expected to save scum every fucking choice cause it might lead to a 'bad end' and you aren't allowed to roll back, cause fuck the player, and fuck you if you want to see what a choice leads to. Which isn't going to happen. Deleted, almost ignored. MIGHT check it out again some day in the future, depending on what I see in the changelog.

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Hi! found some typos in this update and thought I'd mention them

<!>typos<!>

Ben: Those guys me wanted me to distract
should be "you wanted me"

MC's thoughts: or maybe i'm just not used in having someone else cook for me.
should be used to having someone cook for me

Alice: we can't move until my uncle isn't recovered
double negatives should be but we cant move until my uncle has recovered

When you choose to spend time with tiffanny
mc: sorry. there's cops outside. I don't really know if they're looking for me to, but we can't take that risk
missing another o in to

When you meet jessica after meeting tiffany
During sex: ANHGHH~! F~!
ANHGHH~! FUCK! or ANHGHH~! FuuuuCK~!

Scene at night with sergeant nathan and the rookie
Sergeant Nathan:So, you're off duty tommorow, am I right?
Luna:yes sir
Sergeant: Better get used to it *chuckle*
Luna: Don't you have days off, too?
... blah blah ...
Sergeant: In a span of five years, he's almost rooted out every syndicate and corrupt cops in the force.
I think it should be In a span of five years, he'd or he almost rooted out every syndicate and corrupt cop in the force.

When Luna comes to hear alice's story
Mayor and police chief. They were the one who would gain the most from my father's death.
Should be: The Mayor and police chief, They were the ones who would...

Also I have some suggestions for rewording some sentences if you don't mind

<!>Typos end<!>

Also after going to visit jessica in the previous branches it seems that I can't go visit sydney after spending time with either bailey or tiffany. I was under the notion that I could choose her or jessica in the previous scenes dialogue when the mc was thinking of someone to call? Did I go too far into her route or is it supposed to lock us into one of the two when we choose? Or am I reading too much into that event ? I probably am haha

Anyway, wow you seem to push out updates pretty fast nice to see another update Crispy!
Thanks for the grammatical corrections/suggestions! I'll keep it in mind.

As for the Sydney/Jess thing

literal minor spoiler for chap 4

Reactions: JLP603

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Arson Betrayal [v0.03] [Crispy Chicken Productions] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,61 GB / 464 MB - TheArsonBetrayal-0.03-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,58 GB / 429 MB - TheArsonBetrayal-0.03-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

bjhbjh1234

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks for the update, and I updated my pdf walkthrough (I know there is a in-game guide now, but I also like to see the other outcomes of my choices).

One comment when I was looking through the code: If you go to Tiffany then Jessica, you do not get the variable [GoToJess04], but if you went from Bailey then Jessica, you do get that variable. Is that a mistake or is that how it is suppose to be?

Reactions: Crispy Chicken

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
i don't know where the events of this VN are happening(i'm guessing the US bc the names of the characters and of the places)...but the US as a nation is 4156 kilometres wide(from west to east)...but Alice and Mc must travel for 3000 miles to go to the cabin...which are 4828 kilometres...

so either Alice's cabin is in the middle of the ocean, or she knows how long is the actual road to the place XD

Last edited:

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
i don't know where the events of this VN are happening(i'm guessing the US bc the names of the characters and of the places)...but the US as a nation is 4156 kilometres...but Alice and Mc must travel for 3000 miles...which are 4828 kilometres...

so either Alice's cabin is in the middle of the ocean, or she knows how long is the actual road to the road XD
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for the update, and I updated my pdf walkthrough (I know there is a in-game guide now, but I also like to see the other outcomes of my choices).

One comment when I was looking through the code: If you go to Tiffany then Jessica, you do not get the variable [GoToJess04], but if you went from Bailey then Jessica, you do get that variable. Is that a mistake or is that how it is suppose to be?
That variable was scrapped during early testing. I must've forgotten to remove it. My bad:HideThePain:

If you want, you can share your walkthrough here! People would love a written walkthrough as well.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
That variable was scrapped during early testing. I must've forgotten to remove it. My bad:HideThePain:

If you want, you can share your walkthrough here! People would love a written walkthrough as well.
it's already there XD under the spoiler called Extra, there is a link to his walkthrough post

although i would prefer a Wt-mod that shows me every possible choice XD (because i want to see everything but in one single playthrough XD)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crispy Chicken

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Oh. Well, time to edit the link text (it says 0.02. I was fooled by my own thread :HideThePain:)

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
I know I decided on the multiple route during a day/you miss one girl if you go to the other thing. But then, I think it must be tedious to some players that they'd have to save, experience one scene, save, reload previous save, etc etc. just to see all of it.

So I wanna know what everyone thinks. I'll be opening a poll, and we'll see what the majority decides.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I know I decided on the multiple route during a day/you miss one girl if you go to the other thing. But then, I think it must be tedious to some players that they'd have to save, experience one scene, save, reload previous save, etc etc. just to see all of it.

So I wanna know what everyone thinks. I'll be opening a poll, and we'll see what the majority decides.
i vote for not making polls, develop the game the way you want ^^

4.50 star(s) 43 Votes