May 19, 2017
any news on update release date?

I want to make some changes for the tiers.
Basically I want to make the free version of the game every other update.
So when a new update comes out, the version before that becomes available for free.

I'll add a 3$ Tier which gives you the latest version of the game (after the 10days of the 10$ tier), which is a fair price in my opinion.
I want to do this, because I want to expand the team (currenty me+editor) and I think 3$ is not too much to ask for, for the time I spend on it.

I'm not sure yet, but I might make the voice over version only available for the 5$ tier.
It depends how expensive it'll get.. if I can afford it easily I won't. we'll see.

The reason is that I feel a little burned out with all the small things I have to take care of and if I get someone that helps me with all the little things, that would make a huge difference in getting content done quicker which would also mean more frequent releases.

I plan to release the next version in August as a beta. There will be all the content, except for voice acting -> which I will add once I get the recorded files from the actors/actresses.
So I'll give you the update as soon as it's ready and then send you the voice over version as soon as I get the files.

I can't give you an exact release date, but I'll work every possible minute on it to get it out as soon as possible :)
and I hope you like animations, because I made a lot.. a lot

Alex Truman

Jul 27, 2018
Solved!!
I also tried to install codecs and things like that ... And the problem was much simpler: synchronization with the audio card. I have two audio cards (internal and another USB) and just unplugging the USB (physically) ... all solved.
I hope the solution works for you
ALSO SOLVED!!!
Huh, I don't have an external audio card, but I don't play with sound usually. Just plugged in a pair of headphone and it loads. It's painful how simple that was. Thanks for all the help folks.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
ALSO SOLVED!!!
Huh, I don't have an external audio card, but I don't play with sound usually. Just plugged in a pair of headphone and it loads. It's painful how simple that was. Thanks for all the help folks.
ok, I knew that you needed an audio source to launch renpy in developer mode, but for the actual game too??
maybe I find something to launch the game without audio too, so noone has to deal with this issue.
thanks for posting your fix :)

edit:
ok a simple config.debug_sound = False might do the trick.. I'll do some testing and add it to the next update
edit2:
game launches without audio device and I have the same problem that no videos are showing... I don't seem to find anything on the internet... but I'll keep looking for a fix

Last edited:

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
New to the game and loving it! One question, are there voice-overs in the later content? I'm on the VP scene in her office, and noticed no sound.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
New to the game and loving it! One question, are there voice-overs in the later content? I'm on the VP scene in her office, and noticed no sound.
about half of the content is not voice acted, because of my poor writing skills.. so after the next update, when everything has been checked I'll add voice acting to all the content

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
about half of the content is not voice acted, because of my poor writing skills.. so after the next update, when everything has been checked I'll add voice acting to all the content
Thanks! Also, how can I tell when I am finished with the update? When I click the heart, it says 4/5 story but I can't figure out what I'm missing?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Thanks! Also, how can I tell when I am finished with the update? When I click the heart, it says 4/5 story but I can't figure out what I'm missing?
you most likely didn't click the letter in your inventory. in the next update there is an inbuild guide so you shouldn't miss anything anymore :)

PPanGames

Developer of Forbidden Passion and TlooB
Game Developer
May 8, 2019
The difference in quality between the prologue and actual game is quite staggering. Models, UI and lighting look better from what I've noticed and the dialogue seems a tad bit sharper. Any chance the prologue will be remade?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
The difference in quality between the prologue and actual game is quite staggering. Models, UI and lighting look better from what I've noticed and the dialogue seems a tad bit sharper. Any chance the prologue will be remade?
yes, I'm not sure if I'll add it after this update or later. We'll see what people would prefer.. but remaking the prologue would be nice especially for new players

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
hhhhhh srry im not english native
can u tell me what i said wrong to learn from it?
A more proper way to word you question might be:
When will the next update be released?
or
When will the next update come out?
or perhaps
When might we see the next update?
Don't forget, questions end with a question mark (?).

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. I'm sure your command of English is much better than Hastings' command of your native language, whatever that might be.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes