yanh

Jul 17, 2018
copy textbox.png rename to textbox2.png, that's what i did.
yes I did unpacked images and used textbox2.png from previous game and edited it in photoshop so it covers whole text when main character is speaking

anyway ended in coffe machine loop bug.. so yea I solved image error but not for long LOL

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
grr the coffee making thing is goofed, it just keeps on and on and on, i make the stuff get a green check but it never ends, why?!?

ugh this one minigame is really fucking this game up, it's badly broken, it just keeps looping over and over, make tea, make coffee i've made about enough coffee and tea to serve everyone in the city! how do i get it to move on?
Could you help me figure out why you got trapped in the loop? I'm not sure how you managed it.

and wow, lots of complaints about the update, jeez.

Most of the people complaining here I feel like don’t even know what’s been going on lately or don’t want to and just keep complaining..
So here, let me shed some light and give a better idea of what’s been going on:

-0.3.2 release was in December I think? And the release was honestly a total mess.. Lag, performance issues, and constant crashes on android. I originally wanted to go on a break in December (I also paused Patreon subs) but I couldn’t because I didn’t want a bad player experience from a broken unfunctional game.

So until Jan 25th. I spent the whole time rewriting the code, figuring out why android is running like shit and fixing everything I possibly could. Keep in mind that I’m not a good coder so it takes me a bit of time to figure things out.

When 0.3.2b came out it never got leaked on f95 for some reason but it was those bug fixes I mentioned above.

I started to develop 0.3.3 and the content seems a bit less than usual. But I want people to understand that I was attempting new lighting techniques, adding mini-games and really putting deep thought into the plot to deliver a higher quality release for everyone. I’m constantly trying to improve my rendering processes as well. I love making animations for everyone and they seem to enjoy it too. All these things are ever changing and I put forth enormous efforts that the viewer will never see. I sometimes wish people had a better understanding of the development process. A Lot of the effort I put into developing the player never sees and it can be quite frustrating when I’m insulted and being accused of being a “milker” I do all of these things to not only improve my own skills but to offer the best possible experience to those who are supporting me.

I might be slower than other devs out there but to be completely honest with you all, I love my game as much as you do, that’s why I put my heart and soul into it trying to add even small things. This update I’ve added 2 different mini-games, I offered 2 different outfits for the player to choose from. This and the little niche features such as the x-ray and small animations that aren’t just related to sex are things that I’m experimenting with to provide something fun, immersive, and unique for you all. I read all my feedback and even hold community polls to get a better idea of what everyone would like to see, prioritizing that which is highly voted while I also manage the other things to drive the plot forward.

I just ask that some people just have some patience and give me time and I can assure you that by the end of this I will have created something amazing that all the fans can be proud they helped me make.

Ps: if you use patches or mods or stuff that I have not created, why are you complaining that the game doesn't work?

yanh

Jul 17, 2018
Could you help me figure out why you got trapped in the loop? I'm not sure how you managed it.

and wow, lots of complaints about the update, jeez.
You dont need to explain yourself ;) game is nice

That loop happened out of nowhere while continuing the story, couple came to have drink, she explained it, I made few drinks and soon realized its loop.

Not everyone likes minigames (I guess almost all hates it, but if its short and quick, its nice change for few seconds).
Adding overlay button <SKIP> to every minigame (like in some adventure puzzle games), should solve everything and player can choose if he wants to play it or continue story rightaway

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
When 0.3.2b came out it never got leaked on f95 for some reason but it was those bug fixes I mentioned above.
Damn pirate, why can't they do the job properly?

I might be slower than other devs out there but to be completely honest with you all, I love my game as much as you do, that’s why I put my heart and soul into it trying to add even small things. This update I’ve added 2 different mini-games, I offered 2 different outfits for the player to choose from. This and the little niche features such as the x-ray and small animations that aren’t just related to sex are things that I’m experimenting with to provide something fun, immersive, and unique for you all. I read all my feedback and even hold community polls to get a better idea of what everyone would like to see, prioritizing that which is highly voted while I also manage the other things to drive the plot forward.
I understand and I like the little things you add but it make the main game/story progress very slowly. It's feel like you revamp the game again and again.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Damn pirate, why can't they do the job properly?

I understand and I like the little things you add but it make the main game/story progress very slowly. It's feel like you revamp the game again and again.
yeah I feel you.. and working on Juliet was not so fun either.. but I'll try to push more content in the next update. I just wanted to finish Juliet and move on.
We have pretty much written out all the cool story lines and just need to start rendering on it :]
And I also hate it that the old saves are not working, but I just had to do it, for the last time hopefully.

Naotix

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Not everyone likes minigames
We understand that. The minigames currently in the game doesn't take too long, and are extremely easy to complete.

Anyway, since SLim decided to post allow me to elaborate a little further as well.

I've been working for SLim for about 3 months now helping write and edit. While working with him the amount of time things take are actually quite a bit more than I had originally thought to be true. Even for the Pier for example that was added was an asset that had to be modified and purchased. Going through the catalog while writing the scene overview finding the right props and putting it all together takes time. Not to get too deep into a long tangent or anything but often times the end product that people end up seeing is a fraction of what was actually put into the game.

The original script for the Juliet date was going to be at a carnival with different booths and banter throughout, this scope proved to be too cumbersome and we had to adapt to make it more manageable and release faster. The other characters that people want to see are not forgotten in the slightest. I constantly write up prototypes that we select from and build upon. Us working together has increased the speed at which we can develop and everyone should notice a much faster turnaround henceforth.

The only thing I will say is it is a bit disheartening hearing that people drop the project just because of a patch that we literally cannot have anything to do with or the game will no longer exist, or that they will no longer follow the project simply because we didn't focus on who they wanted this time. We will for sure get to everyone in time.

This update is only the beginning for the things we'd like to create. We're open to feedback and I even personally welcome such discussions. If you have a problem with something or have a suggestion don't hesitate to ask here or the discord. Like SLim said, just give us some time. We're not trying to work slowly or offer little content we're just trying to give unique and higher quality content and that does just take time to work the kinks out.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
yeah I feel you.. and working on Juliet was not so fun either.. but I'll try to push more content in the next update. I just wanted to finish Juliet and move on.
We have pretty much written out all the cool story lines and just need to start rendering on it :]
And I also hate it that the old saves are not working, but I just had to do it, for the last time hopefully.
I kind of liked Juliet. Please don't finish her off altogether. Maybe a quickie whenever the MC visits the hospital? :love:

Btw. I too got a weird bug where the loading screen got stuck and the starting music looped endlessly, but the start menu (start, load, etc.) never showed. Exited and restarted several times without success. I had selected auto for the graphics option at initial launch. Finally deleted the entire folder, deleted my saves, and extracted the game again, and this time left everything at default settings.

Reactions: Broly1997

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
I kind of liked Juliet. Please don't finish her off altogether. Maybe a quickie whenever the MC visits the hospital? :love:

Btw. I too got a weird bug where the loading screen got stuck and the starting music looped endlessly, but the start menu (start, load, etc.) never showed. Exited and restarted several times without success. I had selected auto for the graphics option at initial launch. Finally deleted the entire folder, deleted my saves, and extracted the game again, and this time left everything at default settings.
hmm, ok I have no idea how you managed to do that ^-^. but in general try to have the game extracted in a fresh folder so it won't load old script files by mistake.
but other than that.. I don't understand why it's not loading the main menu :unsure:

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
I got that bug a time or two. I thought the game is freeze so I quit and start again. And it's gone.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Thanks for this. Helped me progress with Alice. :coffee:
Btw. Small typo, Alex. I was going "Who the fuck is Alex?" (obscure reference to an old song "Who the fuck is Alice?" )
You're most welcome! I'm glad it was helpful.
Thanks for the notifying about the typo, I fixed it. However, I'll reupload when another update drops or I find a major mistake in the guide.

Edit: Guide re-uploaded as I've added a splash of color to the Tips/Mini-Games to differentiate them from the Notes & Requirements, to make them more appealing to the eyes.. Enjoy!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ontach

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
hmm, ok I have no idea how you managed to do that ^-^. but in general try to have the game extracted in a fresh folder so it won't load old script files by mistake.
but other than that.. I don't understand why it's not loading the main menu :unsure:
At initial launch, you are presented with graphics options auto select, directx, openGL, software with directx preselected in my case. I chose auto select, and got the bug mentioned above. This selection probably got saved in an ini file somewhere, and resulted in a persistent buggy condition where the menu never showed. This selection screen is only shown once.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've updated the cheatmod, it will now detect when you load a save from before game v0.3.3 and offer to convert it.
Using the conversion is not recommended, you should start a new game!

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

If you do choose to convert your save and run into any issues do not complain in this thread. Try a new game first!

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
At initial launch, you are presented with graphics options auto select, directx, openGL, software with directx preselected in my case. I chose auto select, and got the bug mentioned above. This selection probably got saved in an ini file somewhere, and resulted in a persistent buggy condition where the menu never showed. This selection screen is only shown once.
oh those are just pictures, they don't select anything for you. I have not coded anything that would change your renderer in renpy.
By default it's selected to auto, but in my experiece directx gave the best performance overall.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ontach

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
SLim_Games Naotix OH HEY, just remembered a minor bug. If you choose Juliet's purple top/black skirt, when getting the sandwiches the white dress version is used, then continues with the purple/black outfit.

Reactions: SLim_Games

deltami

Dec 19, 2017
Nice to see SLim back in active in the thread. I have been running 0.3.3 today. Would like to share my point on the above.
I will still keep positive to the game going but with some concern here

1. the UI change is no doing well. Buttom is too big. It actual cover quarter of screen. The font size is overtoned as well. Testing new feathure is great, but the UI may better back to something less bulky.
2.1. Girls paths are tangled, in a adverse way. As Juliet come into the party in 0.3.3, you now cannot trigger Margaret before going out with her first; even though they have no connection.
2.2. further to the above. Player are forced to progress with no chioce of relationship. The main storyline is the Fairy power, but we can only progress that by a) the club girl; b) Juliet. If I want to stuck to Sis/Linda, MC cannot progress in the story. New locaton like gym will not be unlocked. This may be a game with plots, but talking abut adult relationship in an adult game, it is much important to untie them somehow.
3. Voiceover seem lacking to the updates by sometime. 0.3.2 content have no implented yet. The writing is using normal chatting script, so it is very off without voiceover. People may skip and wait cause the inconsistent feeling.

Developer have high standard; and well represented in the outcome. Iterate though new feature or rerender for improvement, however seem like a bit lose focusing in a regular development. Maybe Dev. can consier rearrage the circle like,
STORY-STORY-RERAMP-STORY-STORY-NEWFEATURE(with added scene to make up as a update)-STORY
0.4.0 - 0.5.0 - 0.5.R - 0.6.0 - 0.7.0 - 0.7.F - 0.8.0
with a clear indiction for supporter, therefore rectified their ecpection.

Thz 4 the time any1 reading this.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
If I want to stuck to Sis/Linda, MC cannot progress in the story. New locaton like gym will not be unlocked.
They can only make so many new story progressions at once, and in this build, they made an entirely new location (doll house could also kinda count as one too), with new NPCs, and intro'ed at least two new characters. The next one, assuming they don't use the 'RenPy gym', will have to have another new location made.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes