D

Deleted member 3052763

Was interested in this b/c nice renders, but have serious performance issues. When running it, it seems to devour system resources at a silly level.

My laptop is an i7-5500u @ 2.4 GHz with 8GB ram and integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. At the start/load screen the CPU load for the game process is 22%, while GPU load for the game process varies between 30% up to a whoppering 75%. And this is on the start screen, which shows a static picture, a slightly animated patron-sign, and has mouse-over highlighting for choices.

Interestingly enough, the GPU load doesn't seem to be connected to user interaction with the game seems reversibly connected to user interaction with the game. The peak at 75% happened when I was writing this comment with the game window minimized.

Further testing gives interesting results. Screens that are in-dialog (and thus has fewer things to click than screens where one chooses which room to go) also has significantly lower GPU load. For instance, in Bunnys room but out of dialog I get a GPU load of 20-40% (with the occasional drop to 15%). In the same room, when I enter dialog with Bunny, this falls to 5-10%.
Even more funny: no matter what screen I am at, moving the cursor lowers GPU load to below 5% as long as I am moving it.

I have played a lot of Ren'py games over the last few years, but this is one of the most resource hogging ones I've seen yet. Nice renders though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SNOW 777

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Being onboard/integrated graphics wouldn't help either, also depends what resolution the renders are done in. My old PC (i7 960) used to struggle with some of them, but the new one i built a few months ago seems to handle everything ok

D

Deleted member 3052763

Being onboard/integrated graphics wouldn't help either, also depends what resolution the renders are done in. My old PC (i7 960) used to struggle with some of them, but the new one i built a few months ago seems to handle everything ok
When randomly checking in the games folders, both jpg pics and webm animations seems to be 1920x1080. Which is pretty normal. Anyway, I am not a coder so I can only speculate amateurishly, but my guess is this is about coding, not resolution of pics, since I have very different GPU loads in different scenes, while the pic used in the screens is of the same resolution:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ALCapote

Jul 20, 2020
Uhm... Have I finished the game in its current form or am I missing something?
After helping Linda at the coffee shop and the scene in her room, I can't find anything to do besides daydreaming in class, going to the night club and sleeping..
Am I missing something or is the game stuck at this stage of development at the moment ?

Drkgy

Jul 6, 2018
slim always get delay but never more that 2 weeks

if it doesn't come at the end of the month just wait a little more

ToxicMelody1

Nov 26, 2020
I'm not even sure whats the appeal of incest anyway.

I only like it because it increases the chances for milfs appearing, but nobody seems to make games where you fuck your hot neightbour or some kind of older crush as main goal.

Always the mother or sister as price is getting stale very quick now.
try milf city

SNOW 777

Jul 26, 2020
I'm not even sure whats the appeal of incest anyway.

I only like it because it increases the chances for milfs appearing, but nobody seems to make games where you fuck your hot neighbor or some kind of older crush as the main goal.

Always the mother or sister as the price is getting stale very quick now.
95zone.to/threads/a-different-summer-ep-1-6-k84.11800/
try this my friend:giggle:(y)

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
Just played the whole game t'day and am absolutely blown away with the animations and characters. The Landlady slash Mum and Veronica were just outstanding, became my favourites and sold me instantly. Fecking incredible, and major kudos go out to you & yours.

Reactions: Brovalon
3.90 star(s) 118 Votes