FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Is it the amnesia that makes the MC react and reason like a 12-year old? Some sort of regression to a child-like mental state? I mean, almost every scene has some dialogue that indicates that MC is waaay younger than 21 (or 19 as he should be mentally). Visit to doctor: stethoscope too cold, ear device is too cold ... moaning like a little kid about most things seems to be MCs general activity. Or has he become slightly mentally challenged by the accident? Can't follow instructions, doesn't understand directions, forgets people instantly (even if they've given him a blowjob!) ... It makes immersion quite difficult I must say.

May 26, 2018
I don't understand how you come up with your stuff. :/
I also don't get where you get the idea that all my updates are just bug fixes and mechanics.

This update was 381 renders + 100 xrays + 10animations
Previous update was in October 2nd with 195 renders (it was a mini update for the previous content)
The update before that was 678 renders + 221 xrays + 16 animated scenes which was in Aug 20th
When I am wrong, I will always admit it, and I must admit, In this area, I was wrong and do humbly apologize to you. I think, because I was reviewing several games, I may have accidentally mixed up yours with another, so please accept my apologies.

I am also currently working with 4 other people on the next game in unreal engine and I did let my patrons know that I had to take some time off (couple of days) on developing Awakening because I had stuff to do in Unreal so the Team could continue working in unreal.

That's just how it is. I might also not be the fastest one to render and maybe I am slower compared to other devs in general, but I still spend most of my time working on it and trying out new stuff like new render techniques.
Personally, a few of my most favorite games have 3 to 4 months between updates, so it was not the time between updates that bothered me, it was the general, apparent, lack of progression within the story-line. The best example I can give is the Margaret update, I finished that and basically had no real progression within her story arch. Sure, you added a number of things, but hell... nothing really significant happened within her arch, just "oh he is cheating on her" investigation. Like I said, LOVE the hint system, but following that I finished the current progression within the game in about an hour to an hour and a half.

What bothers me the most is the OVER USE of x-ray renders. Look, I do not need to see her (or anyone else's) body every 5 to 15 seconds.From experience with othre games that uses x-ray, it is a waste of render time when it has it every damn time. Once or twice during a scene or story arch would be fine. Trust me, I have a pretty decent imagination and can remember what was shown in x-ray even after 5 to 15 minutes after it was last used and I am sure other players are pretty much no different.

Just as an example of deelpers who take their time in providing updates "slowly, lol; Ecchi Sensei is one. I mean damn, they are about 4 to 6 months between updates last I checked. And yes, they have a fairly large development team so can add significant content each update (though they DO have a LOT of bugs each update), My New Family, by Killer 7 is another game that, while his updates are monthly, and he is pretty much the main developer (I THINK he has maybe one or two others assisting in various capacities) he provides a HELL of a lot of significant content progression, and he is also (like you) pretty new. My New Family is his first game. MidLife Crisis is the third example, his updates are between long and short in timewise, but he also adds a fairly significant amount of content each update, and he has at last count (if I remember rightly) at least as many females active in his game as you do in yours.

And no matter how many insults people here are throwing at me or calling me names, I'll still continue developing games even if I'm at 0 patrons.
That's just what I love doing. So yeah you won't get rid of me. (not directed at you christof, just in general)
Trust me, I DON"T want to "get rid of you". :D I really do like your game, and like I said, the renders so far are top notch, your sswitch between POIV during the sex scenes are fantastic and well done regarding actual POV, and and your story line (with a few exceptions regarding apparent plot holes or discontinuity) are not bad either. From what I understand, however, based on several other comments within this thread, you appear to have been working on this game for the past 3 years. If I am wrong, please forgive my misunderstanding and ignorance. But if so, I would have expected the story arch over all to be MUCH further along than it is.Every v 0.3.whatever number here has added nothing to the actual story (except the first and the last - last being a very minor addition to Margaret's story from my point of view). Yes, each update has - apparently - new renders, scenes, and "improvements in graphics" and they are top notch (as said earlier). But the actual addition of MC or LI content seems to be lacking a bit. I really WANT this game to succeed, and become - once again - one of my favorites, it just needs a bit of extra work (and yes, I really do know how much work actually goes in creating a game, lol).

The patrons are only voting what I will work on next.. they don't decide anything story related, just what will get updated first.
But the next 3 updates are decided by me, because I want to advance in the Landlady, roomie arc now and reworking the prologue into the main game.
Your patrons voting on WHAT you work non next is all well and good. The fact that they do not decide anything story related is even better, lol. I DO admire that in your way of managing the game/story/mechanics. :) And while I also do - once again - understand how much work goes into creating a game such as this, I simply wish it had more content/story added each update rather than just a few scenes/lines etc... Like I said, I finished the current version, even with Margaret's addition, in about an hour to an hour and a half; and yes, I read every line since I enjoy the dialogue and some of the "jokes" within the game. :)

Oh and here is a sneak peek how far I've come in unreal regarding making characters look appealing.. still a long way to go.
The hair is so hard to make look right. The whole shader system is confusing too.. but I'm a bloody beginner so yeah..
View attachment 980238
That is why I never - well, almost never - play Unreal engine games. The difficulty in creating them makes them not worth the aggravation of trying to play them. I cannot even begin to tell you how many developers who start out with RENPY have stated how difficult it is to work with Unreal Engine, lol. The fact you are trying is an admirable trait and I admit, not something I would even want to try. :)

Once again, please forgive me if anything I said may have sounded like I was disrespecting or denigrating you. I honestly meant no insult to you, I only wanted to extend my personal opinion and perhaps give you a few things to think about. If you did feel as if I disrespected you, I apologize, and I thank you for treating me with respect instead of "ranting and raving" at me. :)

Reactions: Drill Sergeant

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
When I am wrong, I will always admit it, and I must admit, In this area, I was wrong and do humbly apologize to you. I think, because I was reviewing several games, I may have accidentally mixed up yours with another, so please accept my apologies.

Personally, a few of my most favorite games have 3 to 4 months between updates, so it was not the time between updates that bothered me, it was the general, apparent, lack of progression within the story-line. The best example I can give is the Margaret update, I finished that and basically had no real progression within her story arch. Sure, you added a number of things, but hell... nothing really significant happened within her arch, just "oh he is cheating on her" investigation. Like I said, LOVE the hint system, but following that I finished the current progression within the game in about an hour to an hour and a half.

What bothers me the most is the OVER USE of x-ray renders. Look, I do not need to see her (or anyone else's) body every 5 to 15 seconds.From experience with othre games that uses x-ray, it is a waste of render time when it has it every damn time. Once or twice during a scene or story arch would be fine. Trust me, I have a pretty decent imagination and can remember what was shown in x-ray even after 5 to 15 minutes after it was last used and I am sure other players are pretty much no different.

Just as an example of deelpers who take their time in providing updates "slowly, lol; Ecchi Sensei is one. I mean damn, they are about 4 to 6 months between updates last I checked. And yes, they have a fairly large development team so can add significant content each update (though they DO have a LOT of bugs each update), My New Family, by Killer 7 is another game that, while his updates are monthly, and he is pretty much the main developer (I THINK he has maybe one or two others assisting in various capacities) he provides a HELL of a lot of significant content progression, and he is also (like you) pretty new. My New Family is his first game. MidLife Crisis is the third example, his updates are between long and short in timewise, but he also adds a fairly significant amount of content each update, and he has at last count (if I remember rightly) at least as many females active in his game as you do in yours.

Trust me, I DON"T want to "get rid of you". :D I really do like your game, and like I said, the renders so far are top notch, your sswitch between POIV during the sex scenes are fantastic and well done regarding actual POV, and and your story line (with a few exceptions regarding apparent plot holes or discontinuity) are not bad either. From what I understand, however, based on several other comments within this thread, you appear to have been working on this game for the past 3 years. If I am wrong, please forgive my misunderstanding and ignorance. But if so, I would have expected the story arch over all to be MUCH further along than it is.Every v 0.3.whatever number here has added nothing to the actual story (except the first and the last - last being a very minor addition to Margaret's story from my point of view). Yes, each update has - apparently - new renders, scenes, and "improvements in graphics" and they are top notch (as said earlier). But the actual addition of MC or LI content seems to be lacking a bit. I really WANT this game to succeed, and become - once again - one of my favorites, it just needs a bit of extra work (and yes, I really do know how much work actually goes in creating a game, lol).

Your patrons voting on WHAT you work non next is all well and good. The fact that they do not decide anything story related is even better, lol. I DO admire that in your way of managing the game/story/mechanics. :) And while I also do - once again - understand how much work goes into creating a game such as this, I simply wish it had more content/story added each update rather than just a few scenes/lines etc... Like I said, I finished the current version, even with Margaret's addition, in about an hour to an hour and a half; and yes, I read every line since I enjoy the dialogue and some of the "jokes" within the game. :)

That is why I never - well, almost never - play Unreal engine games. The difficulty in creating them makes them not worth the aggravation of trying to play them. I cannot even begin to tell you how many developers who start out with RENPY have stated how difficult it is to work with Unreal Engine, lol. The fact you are trying is an admirable trait and I admit, not something I would even want to try. :)

Once again, please forgive me if anything I said may have sounded like I was disrespecting or denigrating you. I honestly meant no insult to you, I only wanted to extend my personal opinion and perhaps give you a few things to think about. If you did feel as if I disrespected you, I apologize, and I thank you for treating me with respect instead of "ranting and raving" at me. :)
Yeah, no need to apologize really, after all it seems like a lot of information I post on patreon doesn't get translated to this forum and I haven't been active here lately too.

Yeah, I'm sure that ecchi sensei and mnf can produce more content. Comparing daz content to HS content is a bit tricky. I'm not downtalking them on using HS, but I think that setting up scenes + render time in daz takes longer than in HS.
Though I never used HS so I might be wrong there.

And story wise I admit that this is my weakest point, but I got someone to help me recently(Though for this game I lead the story and he edits and supports me to build a better story).
And to understand me a little bit better:
On Awakening are currently working only me and the writer and the rest of us 5 are working on unreal right now, because I really want to see if we can pull it off and push the industry standard a bit higher.

So that's where most of the money goes right now and into my render rig of course. But if the unreal project fails, which is possible, I will put more people into the renpy VN development and build a team for that.
But finding someone to match your 3d style and has motivation to do 200+ renders per month is hard(I'm keeping an eye out for someone to help me all the time, but no one really has stood out, usually no interest, not the rig to produce that number or the quality is lacking or their personality doesn't fit).
Plus I'm not sure if I can afford another person anyway right now, money is tight when you pay 4 people ^-^

Anyway, usually I'm not a fan on posting my thoughts and stuff on the forum, but I just wanted to get this out there.
I feel like sometimes people forget that there's a person sitting behind those projects and I'm pretty sure that most of us adult devs don't have ill intentions when developing these games, because what I often see is that they became devs because they played these games themselves and wanted to add to the genre.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Qleaf 0x52
Also thank you guys for making those mods, and also sorry that you have to go through my trash code :LOL:
I'll have to take a look at your code sometime so I can improve mine. :)

Also do you guys perhaps know why my game keeps crashing on some devices? is it because I force the angle renderer?
Usually the game crashes on those multi cam screens. If you have any idea, please let me know :)

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Is it the amnesia that makes the MC react and reason like a 12-year old? Some sort of regression to a child-like mental state? I mean, almost every scene has some dialogue that indicates that MC is waaay younger than 21 (or 19 as he should be mentally). Visit to doctor: stethoscope too cold, ear device is too cold ... moaning like a little kid about most things seems to be MCs general activity. Or has he become slightly mentally challenged by the accident? Can't follow instructions, doesn't understand directions, forgets people instantly (even if they've given him a blowjob!) ... It makes immersion quite difficult I must say.
That's a mistake I do, because I want to remind the players that come back to the update what happened 3 months ago. But the good thing is I can revisit those events and rewrite them, which will happen anyway when the game is complete.
But thank you for reminding me, I'll be more careful with my words.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Qleaf 0x52
Also thank you guys for making those mods, and also sorry that you have to go through my trash code :LOL:

Also do you guys perhaps know why my game keeps crashing on some devices? is it because I force the angle renderer?
Usually the game crashes on those multi cam screens. If you have any idea, please let me know :)
I've never experienced any crashing, so I'm not sure where it's coming from. I did experience the high CPU load with the last version.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
I've never experienced any crashing, so I'm not sure where it's coming from. I did experience the high CPU load with the last version.
okay that's odd, cause I didn't make any big changes in the code, just the new update was added.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
okay that's odd, cause I didn't make any big changes in the code, just the new update was added.
Sorry, maybe important to mention I got a new computer in the meantime :giggle:
My previous PC didn't show the DirectX warning at the game's start, this one does.
(Still on my old GPU because of shortages)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SLim_Games

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Qleaf 0x52

Hey hey , believe me it’s my pleasure. Consider it a small token of appreciation for the game you provided us with :D

Even though my pc is what I consider old (5years+) but I had the highest specs at its time. With that being said, I still didn’t face any crashes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drill Sergeant

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Why on earth do new + bettter and more RAM equipped pcs display the warning?
Sorry, maybe important to mention I got a new computer in the meantime :giggle:
My previous PC didn't show the DirectX warning at the game's start, this one does.
(Still on my old GPU because of shortages)
Hey hey , believe me it’s my pleasure. Consider it a small token of appreciation for the game your provided us with :D

Even though my pc is what I consider old (5years+) but I had the highest specs at its time. With that being said, I still didn’t face any crashes.
Maybe we need to have the REn”py SDK installed and reinstalled every some months?
Do we need extra HDD on game drive and on C: drive?
How does memory allocation work in Ren”py?

Would loading screens like in consoles help?

May 26, 2018
Yeah, no need to apologize really, after all it seems like a lot of information I post on patreon doesn't get translated to this forum and I haven't been active here lately too.

Yeah, I'm sure that ecchi sensei and mnf can produce more content. Comparing daz content to HS content is a bit tricky. I'm not downtalking them on using HS, but I think that setting up scenes + render time in daz takes longer than in HS.
Though I never used HS so I might be wrong there.

And story wise I admit that this is my weakest point, but I got someone to help me recently(Though for this game I lead the story and he edits and supports me to build a better story).
And to understand me a little bit better:
On Awakening are currently working only me and the writer and the rest of us 5 are working on unreal right now, because I really want to see if we can pull it off and push the industry standard a bit higher.

So that's where most of the money goes right now and into my render rig of course. But if the unreal project fails, which is possible, I will put more people into the renpy VN development and build a team for that.
But finding someone to match your 3d style and has motivation to do 200+ renders per month is hard(I'm keeping an eye out for someone to help me all the time, but no one really has stood out, usually no interest, not the rig to produce that number or the quality is lacking or their personality doesn't fit).
Plus I'm not sure if I can afford another person anyway right now, money is tight when you pay 4 people ^-^

Anyway, usually I'm not a fan on posting my thoughts and stuff on the forum, but I just wanted to get this out there.
I feel like sometimes people forget that there's a person sitting behind those projects and I'm pretty sure that most of us adult devs don't have ill intentions when developing these games, because what I often see is that they became devs because they played these games themselves and wanted to add to the genre.
Thank You for your reply and explanation of "how things are" regarding this game as well as your Unreal Game. I agree, there are a few people who have no concept of the work, time, and sometimes aggravation that goes with developing a game. :) And some people have unreal or exaggerated expectations for games they like. :) And I admit - while it may be misguided - I sometimes fall into that category (though I DO try not to).

As far as Daz compared to HS, I honestly do not know - really - the differences or difficulties between the 2, though I have heard a number of developers say that Daz renders are actually better than HS, just more difficult (for the most part).

As for "forgetting that there is a person behind these projects", I try my best to never forget that. Having done hundreds of reviews over the years (well, thousands here and for JAST and ILLUSION), it should always be remembered that what you say or how you say it can "make or break" a developer. However, having a reasonable and courteous discourse between myself and a developer is always nice, and I am ALWAYS willing to change my opinions when shown that they might have been unfair or misinformed, and I try always to redress any errors I make in my thinking regarding developers. :) Again, thank you for your courteous reply, and for taking the time to give me an understanding of your game development and the thought processes behind it.

Let this comment serve to give my opinion that - while it can be frustrating at times, I COMPLETELY recommend this game to people and think, based on what I have seen so far, I hope this game continues on to become a favored and successful game. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: SLim_Games

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
If you want me to try anything just send me a PM or reach out to me on Discord.

BTW, do you have logs of the crashes? Or does it crash without logging anything.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
If you want me to try anything just send me a PM or reach out to me on Discord.

BTW, do you have logs of the crashes? Or does it crash without logging anything.
crashes without logs unfortunate, I can't replicate the problem anyway, but I have a low number of reports with crashes.
But let's not worry with that. I will retry it with version 7.4.1.

Reactions: SNOW 777

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
I'm confused on this.

I see 'patch' and 'incest', are they the same thing? And does the prologue need one?
I downloaded both the patch and the incest patch. They are the same, except the patch is just the file, while the incest patch is a zipped folder. When unzipped, the folder is bin, with subfolder game, and in the subfolder is the file. The file by itself has numbers in front in its name, while the file from the zipped folder does not. But if you open both in wordpad, you can see they are exactly the same.

Someone else in the thread said that no patch is needed for the prologue.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
No "official" android port out yet?
Just asking as that's what I have been playing. Playing the Mod Android will require me to start over again

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Will this game ever let you advance the sleep sex scenes with the mother?
If you look at the first post of this page in the thread, you can see the dev confirming that the Landlady is planned for progress among the next three updates. So far, there is just rubbing, handjob, and boobjob in the main game, and the bj scene in the prologue.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I'd just like to raise that previous replies to my last comment seem to completely miss the fact that a priority poll is about prioritising what paying supporters want to see first and does NOT mean that things that aren't voted on are abandoned. SLim has stated numerous times that the prologue and other things that have so far not been winning the polls will still eventually be included. The polls are about prioritising, not cutting.

I'm not gonna to reply to specific points because I admit I didn't even read the full responses as soon as I saw that people were misinterpreting the point of a priority poll, and that I just skimmed them.

Reactions: SNOW 777
3.90 star(s) 117 Votes