Corpp

May 22, 2018
yep, I noticed that and I fixed it.. but you will have to wait for chapter 3 sorry -> 2 more days
Great to hear! Will there still be separate apk's for the chapters?

Edit: I just noticed that chapter 1 is included in the chapter 2 APK. Well, that fixes it :D haha.

Reactions: SLim_Games

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
For example, the second slide of the game shows "(Where.." then transitions to "(Where..where am I)" upon pressing Enter. I can see that there is an auto-transition that shows the full slide/sentence after about a half second, but that mechanic can be quite annoying for people who are just starting to press Enter because they've quickly read the "(Where..", and then suddenly find they have to click Back because they missed the rest of the text that unexpectedly appeared.

I get that you are trying to solidly establish the disorientation of your character, but if you just showed the full thought of "(Where..where am I?)" all at once, this is already being accomplished in the mind of the reader through the ellipses and short, repeated words/thoughts, plus the content of the sentence. The additional forced transition through a gameplay/interface mechanism actually takes away from that particular reader immersion IMO. Kind of like you're trying too hard to drive a message home, when it's actually better to just do less and trust the reader.

Hope that helps you out! What you are doing looks quite promising and has some novel/interesting ideas that nicely set it apart from other VNs. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Oh, and I just noticed that the "(Did his dick just got bigger?)" line should read "(Did his dick just get bigger)". How's that for a strange grammar correction? :)
Ok I understand it now. I'm not sure if I want to put it out of the game. Maybe if I adjust it a bit, so it's faster? I will look at it again ;) thanks for the correction :)
And I'm trying out a voice actress for chapter 3 so I'm not sure how I will do that.. should the text follow the voice over or should you be able to read in advance? hm hm hm but thank you so far :)

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Ok I understand it now. I'm not sure if I want to put it out of the game. Maybe if I adjust it a bit, so it's faster? I will look at it again ;) thanks for the correction :)
And I'm trying out a voice actress for chapter 3 so I'm not sure how I will do that.. should the text follow the voice over or should you be able to read in advance? hm hm hm but thank you so far :)
How good is your feminine voice thought ?

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Welcome! Just try out both ways of doing it (with the pauses and without them) for a few lines and in the end it's whatever you end up preferring. There's no real right or wrong answer here, and I can understand what you are trying to do with it. Do test it with instant text speed though, because that definitely affects how it gets communicated (and that setting with your mechanism is how a pseudo-"exhaust this wall of text menu before progressing in the game" effect can get created as well).

If you are going to do voice acting, it should be sync'd with the text (as much as possible of course...obviously the text has to show first to some degree...but the voice should start as soon as the line can be read). Honestly, I'm of two minds about voicing in VNs/games. Usually one or more of the tone, accent, inflection, recording quality, etc, ends up creating some disconnect with what I am reading, and I mostly just disable or ignore it since the reading voice in my head speaks the lines perfectly for how I'm experiencing the story. However, there are other times when a voice adds something unexpected and interesting to scenes, and it can be exceptionally hot when it comes to dirty talk, which is always much sexier when actually spoken/heard. Certain female sounds do create very primal reactions in people.

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
Just a little update :

Hi guys/girls? ;)
I could almost make it today... but I didn't sorry :(
but I'm still struggling with some bugs and I don't want you to play the game with error messages every 2 seconds.

I hope you can forgive me for this delay

on a side note: The discord server will be opened to the public tomorrow, but don't worry the discord rewards are still intact, so you have access to special channels. I made this choice to get easier access to feedback/bug reports and everything else that you want to talk about.

Sorry again and I hope you had a good weekend:)

see you tomorrow!

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Just a little update :

Hi guys/girls? ;)
but I'm still struggling with some bugs and I don't want you to play the game with error messages every 2 seconds.

on a side note: The discord server will be opened to the public tomorrow, but don't worry the discord rewards are still intact, so you have access to special channels. I made this choice to get easier access to feedback/bug reports and everything else that you want to talk about.

see you tomorrow!
Black thigh high socks

Reactions: Wuggie and UncleVT

Wuggie

Jun 20, 2017
Just a little update :

Hi guys/girls? ;)

see you tomorrow!
Excellent news! Will keep me busy until MSN releases later this week.

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
As generous pledgers may not read this I also made a thread in the request section.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added Chapter 3 Part 1 TestRelease (PC Version) to OP.

Thanks donor.

Note from dev:
Hi, I'm very unhappy...
As promised I give you Chapter 3 today.
But I wanna be honest. It's not what I have imagined.
Some things like the phone are still not working 100% so I put them out of the game for now
I tried to explore many different new things in this game (you will see when you play it) that in the end it's really a mess.
The past couple of weeks I tried to fix as much as I could but I couldn't make it in time.
So this version still has something good though.
I now know how I can make this game a much better game and I hope I can fix this chapter till public release.
The render count is about as the other releases, but it feels very short.
On another note. I think the renders overall improved.

Reactions: filochard
3.90 star(s) 118 Votes