-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Why ?

Is pregnancy of the mom planned or not ? Anyone know ?
What the ...? Why the...?
The pregnancy tag should never have been on this game in the first place. Tags are supposed to be for things currently in the game (it's always been this way), not for planned things. If something is planned, it can be added to the OP as a note from the developer or whatever. But tags on a game should only ever include what's in the game as of the latest version. There have been creampies, so there could definitely be pregnancy later. But as of right now, not a single person in the game has been confirmed to be pregnant, so the tag shouldn't be on this game right now. If that happens later, the tag can be added later.

jakek

Apr 1, 2018
The pregnancy tag should never have been on this game in the first place. Tags are supposed to be for things currently in the game (it's always been this way), not for planned things. If something is planned, it can be added to the OP as a note from the developer or whatever. But tags on a game should only ever include what's in the game as of the latest version. There have been creampies, so there could definitely be pregnancy later. But as of right now, not a single person in the game has been confirmed to be pregnant, so the tag shouldn't be on this game right now. If that happens later, the tag can be added later.
Makes sense, i'm still wondering whether the dev of the game has ever given a statement on whether pregnancy is gonna happen or not ( God i hope it will with the mom charachter as early and many times as possible kek xD )

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
May 26, 2018
d
Nah, the story was initially blatantly focussed on the 'brother/sister' relationship. It was 90% of the first update or 2, it was blatantly used to draw in subs and fans. We got to the very brink of them consummating their relationship, then the 'sister' just vanished from the story. If she was not intended to be central to the overall story, then it was a very deceitful and disingenuous beginning, presumably done because incest is a popular fetish that is guaranteed to bring in the punters.

You can say 'the sister was never intended to be the central relationship' now, but it is a clear bait & switch if you do.

This is without even getting into the other examples of bad VN writing that we're seeing. Such as starting up storylines with multiple new characters then just moving on to others before they reach any kind of satisfying conclusion. A classic example of another game doing this is 'Something Unlimited' and if people paid attention to how much stick Gunsmoke got for it, they'd probably realise it isn't a great plan. Also note how SU has moved away from that model now.

I'm not saying this is a bad VN, I kinda like it. Not as much as I used to, when I backed it for several updates after launch, but I still think it has potential. But it's clearly been losing it's way. Maybe it's starting to get back on track, we'll see.
That was one of the MAIN reasons I dropped this story and stopped supporting it. Also because of the following:

1) the sudden change from a house to an Apartment (how it made telling the story - coded in Renpy - any easier to tell I have no idea). What a waste, just a reboot with little to no real advancement originally.

2) the sudden end to the School Bully Revenge path. TOTALLY disappointing that it could not be followed up and finished or advanced more.

3) the sudden ending of the nurse pregnancy with no explanation. I really hate when developers put something into the game, then abandon it for no reason and without explanation. To me, personally, speaks of a very sloppy developer who isn't interested in making a playable game but a "cash cow" to rake in money not really earned. and

4) all of those issues were not addressed in version 4 (as he had noted to me in a previous comment that they WOULD be, or at least that the prologue would start to be integrated into the current game.

While I may hate a developer putting something into a game and then abandoning it, I REALLY hate developers who lie about something that they should not have had to lie about. THAT just lets me know that a developer is so dishonest that anything he/she creates should never be given a chance, since their word cannot be trusted.

For all of those reasons, I abandoned this game (and yet, followed it in the hope that it would return - in some way - to its original premise of mom and sister as LI instead of all of these extra, useless girls being added damn near every fucking update) and would never recommend this game to anyone until the developer stops lying and fucking up the original direction of the game.

Too bad, really, because the prologue was better by far than the recent, latest additions to the damned game.

May 26, 2018
Makes sense, i'm still wondering whether the dev of the game has ever given a statement on whether pregnancy is gonna happen or not ( God i hope it will with the mom charachter as early and many times as possible kek xD )
It originally applied to the hospital nurse in the prologue, and the developer took it out without ever explaining why. If you recall, when you took the nurse to the boardwalk/carnival and you fucked her in the manager's office (after meeting the oriental girls in the arcade) one of the fuck options gave you a pregnancy warning.

May 26, 2018
How this *incomplete* story is perceived may change as it's developed since it's not done but no content is being cut or changed from the original premise.
I call BULLSHIT on that, since the nurse pregnancy was cut from the game (or according to slim games WILL be cut) Also, the Brother/sister original premise from the prologue (not to mention a few OTHER things originally in the prologue) were - according to a comment from slim-games was SUPPOSED to be addressed and worked into the current story in THIS update. NOW it is NEXT update? And when it doesn't happen, is it going to be "oh, that is for NEXT UPDATE again? Always "next update" with not a damned thing actually happening.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

SirJohnny69

Dec 23, 2019
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of The Awakening 0.4.0 with:
0x52 Cheats mod
Ripson Gallery unlocker
BrandyYT Walkthrough mod
gigan Incest patch
***Start a new game***
Usual gestures, save name/delete etc. Use android keyboard enter button to name saves.
Alternative save location. Grant storage permissions on first run.
Mega
I have 2 problems

1 it keeps crashing when i open it
2 i cant save or load a game

Anyone can help??? Thank you

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
It's been quite a long time since I've posted here, but I am a real fan of this game....can't wait for the next update!

Am I the only one that prefers the fairy's visual of the prologue? :p

And oh yeah, when will we finally bang Linda? <3

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
d

That was one of the MAIN reasons I dropped this story and stopped supporting it. Also because of the following:

1) the sudden change from a house to an Apartment (how it made telling the story - coded in Renpy - any easier to tell I have no idea). What a waste, just a reboot with little to no real advancement originally.

2) the sudden end to the School Bully Revenge path. TOTALLY disappointing that it could not be followed up and finished or advanced more.

3) the sudden ending of the nurse pregnancy with no explanation. I really hate when developers put something into the game, then abandon it for no reason and without explanation. To me, personally, speaks of a very sloppy developer who isn't interested in making a playable game but a "cash cow" to rake in money not really earned. and

4) all of those issues were not addressed in version 4 (as he had noted to me in a previous comment that they WOULD be, or at least that the prologue would start to be integrated into the current game.

While I may hate a developer putting something into a game and then abandoning it, I REALLY hate developers who lie about something that they should not have had to lie about. THAT just lets me know that a developer is so dishonest that anything he/she creates should never be given a chance, since their word cannot be trusted.

For all of those reasons, I abandoned this game (and yet, followed it in the hope that it would return - in some way - to its original premise of mom and sister as LI instead of all of these extra, useless girls being added damn near every fucking update) and would never recommend this game to anyone until the developer stops lying and fucking up the original direction of the game.

Too bad, really, because the prologue was better by far than the recent, latest additions to the damned game.
Well... fuck me sideways. I said to myself today I will download this VN again to see the progress. I stopped playing when the change from the house to the apartment occurred and the mom went from caring to bitch. Guess that after what you posted I will just ignore this. :cautious:

bennino1984

Nov 21, 2017
Any fix found for the landlady disappearing from her room bug? I know it's fixed in 0.4.0b but can't find a download that won't give my phone 47 different kinds of aids
maybe change the phone.....lol.....no, sorry, I wish to help you, but don`t know how. I use the laptop and played from beginning. The joke was intended just to let you laugh.....but anyway hope someone will found a way to help you! :)

Jun 19, 2020
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of The Awakening 0.4.0 with:
0x52 Cheats mod
Ripson Gallery unlocker
BrandyYT Walkthrough mod
gigan Incest patch
***Start a new game***
Usual gestures, save name/delete etc. Use android keyboard enter button to name saves.
Alternative save location. Grant storage permissions on first run.
Mega
When I first downloaded it, worked fine. The next day I tried it just crashes on the first loading screen. I deleted and reinstalled the apk, same problem.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
I don't know if Patreon is stupid, but it seems they are prudish & presumptuous. Censorship is tyranny.
Yeah, kinda sad that since then the incest has been stripped from the game such that just a simple name replace with 'mom' really isn't enough to overturn the way the narrative is written with the characters as being unrelated.

Like the mom making her amnesiac son buy his own damn clothes, and doing it for him just the once, really nails the "we're not actually family" vibe. It vaguely makes the mother come across as kind of a bitch, if you really try to stretch the idea they're related, and any sex loses the transgressing family line feeling. That what you're doing is actually very naughty and forbidden. Instead it's just a woman being overly prudish about fucking a younger tenant of hers.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes