ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
What games you playing with 10-15 scenes an update :WaitWhat:
Honestly, it just feels like people are trolling in here. People don't seem to know wtf is going on but are perpetuating this weird narrative that fuck all gets done/milking/multiple unnecessary remakes or remasters. When we're not right on a release you even get people running around shouting that the game is abandoned. I said nothing false in my previous comment in this thread and got a facepalm reaction. Great :HideThePain:
It's becoming very easy to see why devs rarely turn up on the forums anymore after the first couple of releases. The relevant eyes don't land on actually good suggestions/feedback because there's too much bullshit to get past.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Am I understanding correctly that the Prologue is the only thing being redone? So, the "landlady" will go from looking like the left person to the right person once the prologue is over? Or does her appearance change once I get further into the main game?

1657065609925.png

Reactions: Deported253

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Am I understanding correctly that the Prologue is the only thing being redone? So, the "landlady" will go from looking like the left person to the right person once the prologue is over? Or does her appearance change once I get further into the main game?

View attachment 1909966
Aging with the release of the game, xDDD. Actors age, you know. xD

Last edited:

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018

View attachment 1909966
Now this here is some criticism that makes sense.
In my opinion, this just feels like a mistake because she's not only completely different but she also looks like she's now in her early 20s at the most.

SLim has seemingly never been satisfied with how the "landlady" looks. She's undergone multiple changes as time has gone on with some renders being replaced on occasion. And she's been the subject of a lot of discourse since the original prologue version had a vocal fanbase that wasn't happy with the version that came in the new game all those years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the development of the game she looks like neither of those renders you've shared.
I'm not sure how this particular change will go.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Now this here is some criticism that makes sense.
In my opinion, this just feels like a mistake because she's not only completely different but she also looks like she's now in her early 20s at the most.

SLim has seemingly never been satisfied with how the "landlady" looks. She's undergone multiple changes as time has gone on with some renders being replaced on occasion. And she's been the subject of a lot of discourse since the original prologue version had a vocal fanbase that wasn't happy with the version that came in the new game all those years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the development of the game she looks like neither of those renders you've shared.
I'm not sure how this particular change will go.
What's interesting is that her profile picture in the info panel is yet another look. Seems to be about halfway between the two that I posted.
The case of the shapeshifting "landlady." :D

1657066742924.png

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I wanted to DL this as I only have the other mod that is at 3.5. But this Mega says that it is no longer available. Could you please re-post it so I can get it? Thanks!
Thanks for mentioning that! ;)

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny
fef823f9-65de-44af-a5ac-caff7376efa2.png

Updated the mod post links with your file.
Thanks again for helping out - your reports really do help keeeping this game's info up to date - for us staff and uploaders!!!
Your awesome - keep up the great work.

Cheers

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
What's interesting is that her profile picture in the info panel is yet another look. Seems to be about halfway between the two that I posted.

View attachment 1909992
Yeah, I genuinely feel the lack of consistency with her look is the weakest part of this whole game. SLim can get really lost in trying to make something perfect sometimes and I feel like he's been struggling with her. I think she might be a problem for the duration of the development of this whole game and it might be one of the final polishes right at the end that will see her getting made consistent.
The newest version is really cute but I think she's too young looking for the MILF role she's written into. Maybe he accidentally used a model in the scene that was intended for a flashback sequence?
I generally don't go for the big-titted MILF characters in ero games so I've never been bothered by her changing. I do see a lot of valid complaints about her from other people though.

Reactions: Twistty

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Honestly, it just feels like people are trolling in here. People don't seem to know wtf is going on but are perpetuating this weird narrative that fuck all gets done/milking/multiple unnecessary remakes or remasters. When we're not right on a release you even get people running around shouting that the game is abandoned. I said nothing false in my previous comment in this thread and got a facepalm reaction. Great :HideThePain:
It's becoming very easy to see why devs rarely turn up on the forums anymore after the first couple of releases. The relevant eyes don't land on actually good suggestions/feedback because there's too much bullshit to get past.
So, there's definitely some bad faith criticisms here, but on the other end something I often say (though this is the first time I've used it for an adult game) is "it's not our job as fans to know X, all we know is Y"

It's not our job as fans to know why Johnny Depp left Fantastic Beasts, all we know is we have to watch Mads Mikkelsen now

It's not our job as fans to know Zooey Deschanel was pregnant during New Girl, all we know is we weirdly got like half a season with no Jessica Day

and in relation to this: It's not our job as fans to know what's happening at Slim games, all we know is we've gone over a year without any new content

And yes, that can easily sound entitled and it kind of is. My point though is there's a middle ground. Somewhere between standing in the streets screaming that Slim is a scammer and a con artist and dismissing everyone sad we aren't getting anything new.

I follow plenty of games, I'll survive on no new content for another year, just understand that a lot of people ITT love this game and want more of it, and they're getting frustrated at the amount of time they have to wait to get it. The fact that on the patreon itself Slim has A) promised no more remakes after this and B) apologized for the length of time it's taken tells me that (again while some is definitely in bad faith) they see where a lot of the complaints are coming from.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
SLim_Games prologue was much improved although i did feel that the quality established in act 1 (prior to cutscene title movie) was less in the second act of the prologue.. The characters seemed ok but it did feel like the production value dropped following the cutscene.. i'm not just on about the music even tho tht does help the project, It just didnt feel as polished as the previous act.. still far more enjoyable than the sandbox version tho
Really? I hope you don't mean the visuals.
if you mean dialogue, choices and such. those are not implemented correctly yet. We are still working on a new memory tree system which we didn't finish just yet, so that's why the choices don't really make any sense right now until we have that ready.

And the dialogue is a bit rough right now. We finished the update last minute, but it's a beta after all so we are going to fix that.

We want to add the final part of the rework this month or next month latest. And then it will be back to adding more new content until the game is finished, no more reworks.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018

View attachment 1909966
I will redo those parts too, but that will be done when the game is completely finished. I don't want to keep people waiting any longer for new content.

Reactions: Twistty

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
I will redo those parts too, but that will be done when the game is completely finished. I don't want to keep people waiting any longer for new content.
So this means that when we play, will we see Abby's model changing all the time? First the left person , then the right person , then the left person?

Because you said that when the game is finished, you will remake the model of the right person into the model of the left person.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLim_Games

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
And the dialogue is a bit rough right now. We finished the update last minute, but it's a beta after all so we are going to fix that.
Very rough indeed.

Also, ending the update on the MC being humiliated and assaulted, still on his knees and fading from consciousness (or just going out of focus to tell us this is the end of the update) is the worst stopping point.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
So, there's definitely some bad faith criticisms here, but on the other end something I often say (though this is the first time I've used it for an adult game) is "it's not our job as fans to know X, all we know is Y"

It's not our job as fans to know why Johnny Depp left Fantastic Beasts, all we know is we have to watch Mads Mikkelsen now

It's not our job as fans to know Zooey Deschanel was pregnant during New Girl, all we know is we weirdly got like half a season with no Jessica Day

and in relation to this: It's not our job as fans to know what's happening at Slim games, all we know is we've gone over a year without any new content

And yes, that can easily sound entitled and it kind of is. My point though is there's a middle ground. Somewhere between standing in the streets screaming that Slim is a scammer and a con artist and dismissing everyone sad we aren't getting anything new.

I follow plenty of games, I'll survive on no new content for another year, just understand that a lot of people ITT love this game and want more of it, and they're getting frustrated at the amount of time they have to wait to get it. The fact that on the patreon itself Slim has A) promised no more remakes after this and B) apologized for the length of time it's taken tells me that (again while some is definitely in bad faith) they see where a lot of the complaints are coming from.
It's one thing to not know what's going on behind the scenes but it's another to make stuff up or repeat the made up stuff just because it seemingly validates your* frustrations, like when people claim this game has undergone multiple remakes or that there are 15 scenes per update. It just creates a bad atmosphere. I see it in so many threads here where negativity seemingly just for the sake of it kills what have been previously positive vibes and they go from people speculating where a story arc is going or discussing who the best girl is to "milking" and "abandoned" etc. And it's frustrating when half the negativity is just bullshit that people pull out of their ass.

I get that it can be frustrating to have to wait for something but if it's taking longer than you hoped and it's something you care enough about to bother posting in a thread for it then shouldn't you care enough to do just a little digging into finding out what's going on before pulling out your "the end is nigh" sandwichboard and doomsaying the joy out of a everything?
I've straight up seen projects get abandoned entirely because of negative bullshit like this. Devs and content creators get pulled down so low that it affects their reputation enough to deminish incomes, and it can sometimes be difficult to recover from that. If people want something to continue I don't think shitting on the people making that thing is at all a good method of encouragement no matter how frustrated by your own lack of patience or drive to find information you get.

I'm tired though. SLim doesn't appear concerned or outwardly affected by the crap in this particular thread so I guess I have no reason to be, but it still bothers me that it's so rampant all over the forum. It just seems to be a trend that if a development is ongoing for more than 2 or 3 years that it's standard practice to turn on it. It's sad.

* I don't literally mean you with the yous and yours here btw.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Added to the OP - thanks!!!
No problem. :)
Perfectionism destroys blueprints before they can be perfected. I face the issue myself. 1.0 usually never comes because of it.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes