SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Very rough indeed.

Also, ending the update on the MC being humiliated and assaulted, still on his knees and fading from consciousness (or just going out of focus to tell us this is the end of the update) is the worst stopping point.
I had to cut it there cause I promised an update in June. I wanted to include the walk back home, but just ran out of time

Deleted member 2919053

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2020
Honestly, it just feels like people are trolling in here. People don't seem to know wtf is going on but are perpetuating this weird narrative that fuck all gets done/milking/multiple unnecessary remakes or remasters. When we're not right on a release you even get people running around shouting that the game is abandoned. I said nothing false in my previous comment in this thread and got a facepalm reaction.
Who gives other people a facepalm because they have a different opinion, must not be surprised if he also gets a facepalm. Free opinion is not trolling.

But let's leave that, all the best for you and I hope for a good update.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Honestly, it just feels like people are trolling in here. People don't seem to know wtf is going on but are perpetuating this weird narrative that fuck all gets done/milking/multiple unnecessary remakes or remasters. When we're not right on a release you even get people running around shouting that the game is abandoned. I said nothing false in my previous comment in this thread and got a facepalm reaction. Great :HideThePain:
It's becoming very easy to see why devs rarely turn up on the forums anymore after the first couple of releases. The relevant eyes don't land on actually good suggestions/feedback because there's too much bullshit to get past.
You don't seem to be aware of what is a good update and your expectations for "4 years of content" are lower than ever, so much so that you seem to think that a few scenes for every character is extensive content for 4 years of updates (Please don't forget that when this game was uploaded to this site it already had multiple scenes with the mother, sister + fairy as a base and had some rudimentary missions).

You are free to think that what this dev does is "good work ethic" but I'm also free to think that your opinion is wrong and that this dev with over 1.4k patrons hasn't released content even close to a years worth of work. 0.3.4 was released in mid 2020, so in the last 2 years you've only gotten 0.3.5 (crazy small update as obvious through the changelog) and 0.4 and a rework of the prologue. And 2018-2020 was similarly a small amount of content being added. You can fanboy as you will, there just isn't enough content here.
It's just sad to see such low expectations from you, and trying to run defence for a dev that on a good month might work 5-10 hours on the game (total, for over 1.4k dollars.)

In terms of content per update - Sweet Affection releases frequent updates with over 700 images each update (close to 1000), 10k words and numerous events.. And these updates aren't just once a year (3 times a year).. NLT media also does good work as I recall, with numerous other devs.

Last edited:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
You don't seem to be aware of what is a good update and your expectations for "4 years of content" are lower than ever, so much so that you seem to think that a few scenes for every character is extensive content for 4 years of updates (Please don't forget that when this game was uploaded to this site it already had multiple scenes with your mother, sister + fairy as a base and had some rudimentary missions.

You are free to think that what this dev does is "good work ethic" but I'm also free to think that your opinion is wrong and that this dev with over 1.4k patrons hasn't released content even close to a years worth of work. 0.3.4 was released in mid 2020, so in the last 2 years you've only gotten 0.3.5 (crazy small update as obvious through changelog) and 0.4 and a rework of the prologue. And 2018-2020 was similarly a small amount of content. Fanboy as you will, the amount of content is crazy small here.
It's just sad to see the low expectations from you, and trying to run defence for a dev that on a good month might work 5-10 hours on the game (for over 1.4k dollars.)

In terms of amount of content - Sweet Affection releases frequent updates with over 700 images each update (close to 1000), 10k words and numerous events.. And these updates aren't just once a year (3 times a year+).. NLT media also does good work as I recall, with numerous other devs.
I agree with what you're trying to get at, but there could be a good excuse as to why this dev doesn't get to work as much on it as he or she does. Maybe this dev has a real job that takes a big portion of his or her time. I, for one, have a job that is 10 hours or more a day. 5 to 6 days a week. Not trying to make excuses, by any means. And I agree that some of these updates are small compared to other devs. But you can't just assume that this dev is scamming or doing the bare minimum without knowing what he or she does for a living.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I agree with what you're trying to get at, but there could be a good excuse as to why this dev doesn't get to work as much on it as he or she does. Maybe this dev has a real job that takes a big portion of his or her time. I, for one, have a job that is 10 hours or more a day. 5 to 6 days a week. Not trying to make excuses, by any means. And I agree that some of these updates are small compared to other devs. But you can't just assume that this dev is scamming or doing the bare minimum without knowing what he or she does for a living.
There might be an excuse for an off-year, but the issue is that the updates have been lacking in content and with huge gaps since it first released and this is what makes it a "confirmed leech" for me. I can still recall being hyped for this game, and every update it got, it added a new character introduction and small amount of content for them, instead of working on the "main characters" who you're most interested in. Then suddenly the dev went for reworks instead of new content - UI, UX, pointless minigames, etc. The content when it first released and 3.4 - the "landlady" and "sister" content didn't really get anything new (maybe 1-2 scenes in 2 years) - which is why I think the dev is just following in the steps of Waifu Academy, Dual Family, etc.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
There might be an excuse for an off-year, but the issue is that the updates have been lacking in content and with huge gaps since it first released and this is what makes it a "confirmed leech" for me. I can still recall being hyped for this game, and every update it got, it added a new character introduction and small amount of content for them, instead of working on the "main characters" who you're most interested in. Then suddenly the dev went for reworks instead of new content - UI, UX, pointless minigames, etc. The content when it first released and 3.4 - the "landlady" and "sister" content didn't really get anything new (maybe 1-2 scenes in 2 years) - which is why I think the dev is just following in the steps of Waifu Academy, Dual Family, etc.
Well. He or she came on here a couple pages back and apologized for it, and said after this that the main game will start getting updates. Maybe they will take your feelings into consideration and try to up their game. I don't know. We shall see. I, too, have been somewhat lacking in hopes, but at least this isn't like that game The Secret. How many times has that been remastered now? And very little in way of game expansion.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
4.1 is Prologue Remake. Play that first. 4.0 follows afterward. Or it is backwards, either way, you need both. Screwed up semantic versioning.

Jan 24, 2022
I'm kinda stuck with Landlady and principle route. I'm on 4/12 and 1/16. There's 2 way to continue their routes. Landlady in her room(which she isn't) and study in the room by selecting the chair(non selectable)

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I'm usually not into those retreads, but this is really high quality, terrific production values.
I just hope we can get back to new stuff soon(which doesn't seem realistic, there's still a long way to go).

Reactions: phreadom
3.90 star(s) 117 Votes