Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I don't mean to be a downer or whiner or anything, but It almost smells like the same thing ICSTOR pulled.
Well, I don't want to complain either, but it's been quite a long time just to revise the prologue....

I helped another dev and his team to completely overhaul his game in three months, from the script to rerendering almost 1100 old pictures and animations and again over 700 new ones for the new chapter with the new release.

That's why I'm a bit surprised that it takes almost 1 year to revise the prologue here....

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
Well, I don't want to complain either, but it's been quite a long time just to revise the prologue....

I helped another dev and his team to completely overhaul his game in three months, from the script to rerendering almost 1100 old pictures and animations and again over 700 new ones for the new chapter with the new release.

That's why I'm a bit surprised that it takes almost 1 year to revise the prologue here....
Thanks, interesting insight for us people that don't know donkey about how long it would usually take to do all this. Probably it takes longer for different projects since these most games differ, but yeah, 1 year is a long time. Out of curiosity what game and dev did you help, if you dont mind me asking?

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

"I helped another dev and his team....."

This dev might be solo, might have a demanding day job, might not be a skilled as those guys, might have had Covid, might have had family issues, might be burned out, might be tired of people bitching on a pirate site, might not have the computing power.......the list goes on and on as to why some people get huge updates monthly and some small updates yearly.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
This dev might be solo, might have a demanding day job, might not be a skilled as those guys, might have had Covid, might have had family issues, might be burned out, might be tired of people bitching on a pirate site, might not have the computing power.......the list goes on and on as to why some people get huge updates monthly and some small updates yearly.

I didn't want to go into too much detail because it doesn't really belong here.

But the dev I am referring to is a also lone wolf, the "team" consists of 5 people all proofreaders/translators/testers.
Writing, rendering, coding, everything depends on one person and he doesn't earn a single dollar with it, which is why he also has a main job.
Yes, he has good computing power, and I'll concede to Slim that the animations take up a lot of time in this game, but to be honest, the ratio of scope and duration simply doesn't fit here.

Ultimately, I don't care either, I get the game here on a pirate site for free, I'm happy that it continues, I'm annoyed that it takes forever until I see my Fairy again, but as long as it's not abandoned I'm satisfied because I don't pay anything for it.
But that's the point, with such long development times, I lack the seriousness behind such projects to support them financially.
I don't pay for other people's "hobbies".

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
I assume he means October when he says that, as today being the 28th, there's not a hell of a lot of September left.

parqueo

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2019
Jaun Karr

I'm sorry that I've been quiet for a couple of days now.
I have been under the weather a little, but I should have made a post at least.

I want to apologize that the update is still not out yet. It should have been out since mid-last month. I kind of was struggling to get the renders going. I've been staring at the program ready to go but just wasn't able to produce really any renders. Some sort of an artist's block? But I'm not here to make any excuses.

Anyway, the update will come out this month 100%. And I want to do a live stream on the discord server if you want to watch and/or want to ask any questions about anything really (except too personal questions). I'll be streaming building the amusement park. So if you're interested in that feel free to hop by :)
I will go live on Monday at 18:00 CEST

This new update will also be free for everyone to make up for how long it took.
Let's keep moving forward and get more content out :)

-slim

I want to apologize that the update is still not out yet. It should have been out since mid-last month. I kind of was struggling to get the renders going. I've been staring at the program ready to go but just wasn't able to produce really any renders. Some sort of an artist's block? But I'm not here to make any excuses.

Anyway, the update will come out this month 100%. And I want to do a live stream on the discord server if you want to watch and/or want to ask any questions about anything really (except too personal questions). I'll be streaming building the amusement park. So if you're interested in that feel free to hop by :)

-slim

danforce

Jun 10, 2019
I assume he means October when he says that, as today being the 28th, there's not a hell of a lot of September left.
Maybe its one of those thrilling releases on the 30th? You can't count out that he promised it at the end of the month. I guess most Dev's like to stretch out the allotted time for more working hours and rests in between. This probably isn't his main focus as work anyways and probably has a 8-5 white collar job or something.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
this 3rd part should have released last month, then ofc he got sick and said he lost 7 days work (last month), now its the absolute end of next month, he did the same with part 1 and 2 of the rework, months silence excuse.. :HideThePain:

xceratxx

Nov 24, 2019
From Patreon Post:

Sorry for the delay, I'm almost done.

-slim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September is almost gone and we are about into November. When the update will come out?

Reactions: Jaun Karr

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
From Patreon Post:

Sorry for the delay, I'm almost done.

-slim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September is almost gone and we are about into November. When the update will come out?
So it's gonna be on Next Monday of this September month?
Today is 30th and it's Friday so 31st,32nd an 33rd of September?
Got it.
These Dev's man why not just simply say it's gonna be released on 33rd of September? Smh

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
So it's gonna be on Next Monday of this September month?
Today is 30th and it's Friday so 31st,32nd an 33rd of September?
Got it.
These Dev's man why not just simply say it's gonna be released on 33rd of September? Smh
The Parteon post mentioned here was the 19th of September. (in my timezone)
The live stream talked about in this post happened on this Monday the 19th.

But since the post says "Anyway, the update will come out this month 100%". We should expect the update in the next couple of hours?! :unsure:

Reactions: Valirr

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
The Parteon post mentioned here was the 19th of September. (in my timezone)
The live stream talked about in this post happened on this Monday the 19th.

But since the post says "Anyway, the update will come out this month 100%". We should expect the update in the next couple of hours?! :unsure:
Oh.. my bad.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So is the prologue not supposed to have music or did I fuck something up? It's just completely silent after I get out of the hospital.

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes