VN Ren'Py The Beautiful Game [Ch. 1 v0.6.2] [Daggum]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just tried this tonight
I really like it so far
I especially like the look of the mc

Also, a couple of the girls have short hair I find that really hot.

Anyway, good luck with the game dev
It's off to a good start imo :)

PaigeBunny

Dec 12, 2018
Sure hope not. We've had more than our fair share of those recently. How about pregnancy and harem? Those have been lacking lately. And NO NTR or sandbox, which have also been in abundance of late.
Agreed. Seems the games in this site have gone vanilla. Too boring. I like and prefer the options of making choices and then having to deal with the bad choices. Too many developers are baby feeding the vanilla readers and those of us who like more adventurous are being forced to deal with it. Boring. This game has nice graphics and girls and I do like the soccer theme.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Agreed. Seems the games in this site have gone vanilla. Too boring. I like and prefer the options of making choices and then having to deal with the bad choices. Too many developers are baby feeding the vanilla readers and those of us who like more adventurous are being forced to deal with it. Boring. This game has nice graphics and girls and I do like the soccer theme.
There's plenty of scope for making bad choices in my game, going forward. "Write what you know" - easy to implement in this case ;)

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
We have a male protagonist so there will not be romance with any lesbian characters... otherwise those characters would not be lesbian. So far there are only three lesbian characters, all side characters.
There will be romance opportunities with the LIs, and yes, actual romance.
As someone who's sister played ladies football for 15 years, a lot of the ladies are in lesbian relationships but more often than not are also bisexual. My sister is also bi and dare I say she's the best wingman I've ever had. :LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daggum Games

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
As someone who's sister played ladies football for 15 years, a lot of the ladies are in lesbian relationships but more often than not are also bisexual. My sister is also bi and dare I say she's the best wingman I've ever had. :LOL:
Genuinely, in one scene in the game I reference studies about the higher-than-average ratio of lesbian women in women's football. A couple of folks on here thought I was just making it up! It's very much the case, and the social, cultural and historical reasons why are actually fascinating. Can't put all of that into an AVN of course but you never know the little I divulge it might pique someone's interest.

Hmm, maybe tell your sister about my game!?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Genuinely, in one scene in the game I reference studies about the higher-than-average ratio of lesbian women in women's football. A couple of folks on here thought I was just making it up! It's very much the case, and the social, cultural and historical reasons why are actually fascinating. Can't put all of that into an AVN of course but you never know the little I divulge it might pique someone's interest.

Different game, but there was a parody headline I saw a week or so ago: "WNBA player comes out as straight!"

The ratio of gay to straight in hi-level/professional women's sports does seem to be much higher than the general ratio. I'm sure there are many reasons for that, as you've noted. Not quite sure it's so high that a straight player is like a unicorn (well, except in the WNBA, maybe. ;))

• Haha

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018

Haha I'll have to.

But honestly I've played your game for a bit now and I have to say I love it. Your writing is actually quite great and you've obviously done research on the MC's profession so right now it all feels very very good and enjoyable. Not to mention it's about the king of sports. I was looking at your Itch.io page and honestly if you set a reasonable price, I would gladly make a purchase to finance your development.

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
King of sports?
are you forgetting cricket my good sir you know the game for gentleman.

Sorry I just had to mention it I'm Australian It's in my blood
:LOL:

Sorry but us Scandinavians aren't into stroking our wickets. But honestly cricket isn't a big deal here. I'm just happy we get to even play rugby which is a relative newcomer as a competitive team sport here.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Haha I'll have to.

But honestly I've played your game for a bit now and I have to say I love it. Your writing is actually quite great and you've obviously done research on the MC's profession so right now it all feels very very good and enjoyable. Not to mention it's about the king of sports. I was looking at your Itch.io page and honestly if you set a reasonable price, I would gladly make a purchase to finance your development.
Agh, you're going to have me reaching for some tissues in a sec (not like that!). Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. it's always an emotional roller-coaster going on here after a release, dreading negative comments etc. and so it is really nice hearing positive noises. All I can say is that given that I started from zero in September, the game will get better as my experience increases, and my technical and storytelling skills improve. I have some nice scenes with MC and players coming up that will give some cool insights into the actual day job of a sports scientist. I have some knowledge of this already from my own past life and I am also getting in touch with some professionals to pick their brains about certain aspects of their job. I am not getting into anorak territory, just want to drop a few little things here and there so that people with some knowledge can appreciate it without much extra effort on my part.

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
King of sports?
are you forgetting cricket my good sir you know the game for gentleman.

Sorry I just had to mention it I'm Australian It's in my blood

Do you know Mitchell & Webb?
"We've got stumps in us blood" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92
May 27, 2017
Okay, I liked what I played so far, but I have some concerns with the writing which really took me out of the story and characters.

1. Sports Science convers a lot more than what is show here, so far the MC is shown performing roles of an Assistant/Training Coach and a glorified Masseuse, but you have a lot more room to make his role important and beneficial to the team.
Solution:- If you have him explain his role in more detail when he's talking to his childhood friend in the beginning, and his expectations of duties to be performed while first talking with Ivy, I think that would address this issue. And we as players can see early on how significant his addition would be for the team, and what type of lewd content or situations his duties may land him in.

2. This is meant to be the best Women's Football team in the country, then it's mentioned as best in the world, but they also didn't do well in the previous competition; I don't know what to believe or think. Either way, why would they hire a fresher straight out of Uni with no job experience? In any big company for a non-entry level position, some level of experience is always expected. We're supposedly talking about the best football team in the world, there's no way in hell they would hire someone without any experience.
Solution:- No decent sports team worth their salt would hire anyone without real on-the-job experience, so maybe some past/previous teams in this Football Club were former champions, but they're on a losing streak now and the current team has yet to achieve significant success. If their team and status as a top contender is on the decline, it's more believable for them to consider hiring a fresher without any experience on the job.

3. Why would they hire a male for a female team, especially since they had problems with male staffers before?.
Solution:- To address this issue, he needs to be overqualified and an easy choice over all other people being considered for the role. He needs to have some merit about him that really sets him apart - having a scholarship or being a valedictorian, or having done something significant to help the team's owner or Ivy (without knowing who each of them was). That way, even though he's a Male and they've had their problems before with men, they would consider him of good character and qualifications enough to take a risk. So far, there's nothing mentioned that would warrant the best female team in the world to hire a male, who has no real job experience.

4. The MC is supposedly overqualified, having a background with athletics and sports, but any average sportsman or athlete who did sports in school would have a similar background. There's only one line mentioning this, when MC talks to Ivy first. You really need to sell us more on MC being well qualified for this job. His personalty is that of a naive, inexperienced, and sheltered young man, so I think it's okay to make him overpowered with his merits and past achievements.

5. I think you need to spend more time showing or telling us how MC actually managed to get accepted in that position in the first place. The way it is now, there's barely any mention of this, and the whole process of him getting into that outlandish position needs to be more fleshed out. Presently, it's over way too quickly. If you addressed points 2 & 3, this wouldn't be an issue.

6. More of a personal preference nitpick, but would you maybe consider reducing the amount of ink on Hana. The way she is now, her tattoos cover up most of her body along with her breasts, and we didn't get to see her backside, but I'm guessing it covers that too. I much prefer a woman without any tattoos, but a few select tattoos in some tasteful places can look quite hot; enough to complement her beauty but not overwhelm or overtake it. Hana right now has most of her body covered in ink, its hiding away her goods and assets. Much of attraction lies in how a person looks, and if I can't see her breasts or ass, or other intimate parts, without them being fully covered in ink, it takes away much of her beauty, at least for me. If she had those same tattoos covering just the sides of her body, leaving her stomach, breasts, ass and inner thigh areas more uncovered, I feel it would be more tasteful. Just something for your consideration.

For me to get involved and invested in a VN, it needs to have either - a compelling story with good writing, or good models with a whole lot of sexual action; Visuals and render quality are a toss-up which don't carry the same weight for me. If a VN has the first two in some ratio, it's a blessing. But if it has either one of these facets in spades, that also does the job for me. I'm either in it for the story or the smut, so I stand to appreciate both types of VNs. But for me, while this VN has great models, there's not enough smut and the story and writing could be stronger and it needs more fleshing out. And I find it could be improved in the visual fidelity aspect as well.

Things I did like were the models, most of them are unique and original, and all of them are attractive. I love the variety in body-types as well, and I quite like that many of them have a small bush down under. Pubic Hair on a woman is a rarity nowadays, and I find that a bush trimmed above the clitoris can enhance the vagina's overall look. So this is definitely a plus for me.

I hope I was able to properly convey my intentions in providing constrictive criticism, because that is what this is. Personally, I find your work lacking in some areas, and only write this in hopes of seeing it improved and ultimately succeed. I don't want you to be discouraged, these are just some things for you to consider and think about. Best of luck, daggum_games! Hope you find success in all your endeavours. :)(y)

Last edited:

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
^ Praxxxus - I love this. Thank you. Really great thoughts, much to consider on 1-5. I will carefully go through these over the next week but my immediate reaction is that I agree with them and solutions. So, thank you! I want to create as good a product as I can so constructive criticism I am always open to. I am new to this game dev world and so I am constantly learning - the best way to learn here I think is get exposure, get feedback, and consider it all.
On smut, this is coming very soon. The story is deliberately a bit of a slow burn but I'm currently working on v0.6 and there's lots of smutty action in it. That's the gauntlet thrown down, metaphorically, and there will be lots of smut from that point on but still carefully linked to a story.
In terms of conveying your intentions, I think you are spot on! So once again, thank you! Really pleased to have received this post from you.
P.S. do feel free to get in touch via a DM if you ever want to discuss further at some point :)

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Now that I gave this game another chance, I can take this out of the "DO NOT DOWNLOAD" folder and at the same time I can also take the folder name out (fucking lesbian game)". This has been well pruned of all the crap that made me stop playing the last time.

In the next version, I'm already hoping the MC will get to the point. Otherwise this Blue Balls is the biggest problem. And I can't stand any slow torture game for too long, because that's not what I'm looking for in these games. It's an original sin for a few games and that's why they have to be buried in 2 meters when nothing happens in the game.
Fear not, balls will be well and truly emptied in the next release

Reactions: mocHAREMix

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
I mean this game will focus on Voyeurism And lesbian and They are a big part of the game
Gotcha. Well lesbian sex is totally avoidable through a choice screen early on. Voyeurism is a feature early on in this release but that will not continue much going forward, and it's possibly not what you might be expecting. You can also avoid it by not going down Jasmine path for this release. For the game as a whole, voyeurism is not a focus. Lesbian sex is also not a focus of the game as a whole. (I am distinguishing between this release and what will happen in the completed game, just to be clear.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blernblern

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
2. This is meant to be the best Women's Football team in the country, then it's mentioned as best in the world, but they also didn't do well in the previous competition; I don't know what to believe or think. Either way, why would they hire a fresher straight out of Uni with no job experience? In any big company for a non-entry level position, some level of experience is always expected. We're supposedly talking about the best football team in the world, there's no way in hell they would hire someone without any experience.
Solution:- No decent sports team worth their salt would hire anyone without real on-the-job experience, so maybe some past/previous teams in this Football Club were former champions, but they're on a losing streak now and the current team has yet to achieve significant success. If their team and status as a top contender is on the decline, it's more believable for them to consider hiring a fresher without any experience on the job.
A minor thing that best teams not winning is pretty common in most of Europe, PSG for example crashed out quite early last season.

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes