VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Oh. I didn't know that there is a second folder. Thanks for reply
I use two locations because in my mind it serves two purposes.

1. On android the saves that live in the default game folder get backed up by automatic google processes. That way if your phone fails (as they do) you should be able to pull your saves back down by just installing the game again.
2. If they are in an EXTERNAL folder (i.e. Renpy_Saves) then you can uninstall the game, to save space or whatever, and then when there's an update and you install it again, your saves are still there.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
I use two locations because in my mind it serves two purposes.

1. On android the saves that live in the default game folder get backed up by automatic google processes. That way if your phone fails (as they do) you should be able to pull your saves back down by just installing the game again.
2. If they are in an EXTERNAL folder (i.e. Renpy_Saves) then you can uninstall the game, to save space or whatever, and then when there's an update and you install it again, your saves are still there.
But they are just memory eating things for me. I usually copies save folder before uninstall.

But where is that second folder located ??

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Where is that back second folder located ??? Need to delete it. One folder enough for me
Renpy_Saves is the only one you can touch. The original one is part of the game and it goes away when you uninstall the game. I also believe it will re-create the Renpy_Saves directory every time you use the game, if you don't like it then you have to use somebody else's port. The size of all of the saves for a single game is about as much as a single image that you snap with your phone, it isn't a lot.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Renpy_Saves is the only one you can touch. The original one is part of the game and it goes away when you uninstall the game. I also believe it will re-create the Renpy_Saves directory every time you use the game, if you don't like it then you have to use somebody else's port. The size of all of the saves for a single game is about as much as a single image that you snap with your phone, it isn't a lot.
Yeah yeah. I realised it. I downloaded darkassassin Port of this game instead of yours. Ofcourse, his port have backup folder too. But it is not untouchable. I know backup folder correct name & its path. So possible to delete it. Sorry for disturbing....

• Angry

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah yeah. I realised it. I downloaded darkassassin Port of this game instead of yours. Ofcourse, his port have backup folder too. But it is not untouchable. I know backup folder correct name & its path. So possible to delete it. Sorry for disturbing....
It isn't terribly complicated, 2 save locations:

1. Default (this is the "privileged" location that every app on you phone uses to store stuff), my games will look like this:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.estrada777.nameofthegame

2. External (exactly what your full path will be depends on your android build, but it will be something like):
/storage/emulated/0/RenPy_Saves/com.estrada777.nameofthegame

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
It isn't terribly complicated, 2 save locations:

1. Default (this is the "privileged" location that every app on you phone uses to store stuff), my games will look like this:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.estrada777.nameofthegame

2. External (exactly what your full path will be depends on your android build, but it will be something like):
/storage/emulated/0/RenPy_Saves/com.estrada777.nameofthegame
First one i know. Same as normal ports. No problem for me. No complaints

But can't find that second one.

• Angry

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
lewd content for only Vanessa and Sophia has been developed so far. we can see Nina and Rebecca naked tho (photos or at the lake).
You can keep adding points with every girl, but only Vanessa and Sophia have "content" right now.
Thanks to both of you!
Saving me from what would prove to be an unsatisfying additional play through.

Reactions: Blizzard99

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
First one i know. Same as normal ports. No problem for me. No complaints

But can't find that second one.
I feel like if you want to keep talking we should move it to a conversation or you should come join my discord. We're junking up this thread.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yeah, Sophia was kinda "meh" to me, and I actively despise Vanessa, so I will probably play through eventually just to see if I have the option to totally leave Vanessa hanging. (Literally would be best.)

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Yeah, Sophia was kinda "meh" to me, and I actively despise Vanessa, so I will probably play through eventually just to see if I have the option to totally leave Vanessa hanging. (Literally would be best.)
the Vanessa route is kinda blah .. not much there really

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of 'The best days of our lives', here to address some of the early feedback about this update and the overall story in general.

But first, let me just thank everyone who tried the new update. (Especially those who said they're enjoying the game, it's your kind words of support that keeps us going :) )

Now, let's get to it.

WARNING: VERY LONG POST AHEAD!!

---

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

---

---

----

With that out of the way, let me try to explain some of the other smaller character-related decisions.

---

---

---

----

I'm sorry this turned out to be a much longer post than I intended it to be. Thank you for patiently reading through all that.

Like I said above, we're planning to take closer look at my work and do everything that's necessary to improve it.

So, thank you for all your feedback, it means a lot to us.

Take care.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
When I first pitched the idea to Jachu (the artist and creator of Underground Studio), we both agreed that that this will be a very long-running project.

With that in mind, I made a roadmap for a game that takes its time to get into the game's core story, while constantly setting up (deliberately hidden) hints for it in the earlier updates.

The reason why it feels like there is not a coherent story is because the "story" hasn't officially started.
Thanks for your lengthy explanation! As you mentioned it will be a "very long-running project" I was wondering how long it would be?

Reactions: Blizzard99

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
this is the most like... wholesome and pure game game i've found on here lmao

you even avoid tropes like the jock guy being a jerk. everyone just gets along and has fun and stuff. weirdly refreshing.
Exactly. I already play a tons of other VNs that try make tons of deeper plots and subplots with dark cornes and so on. And play TBDOL is kind a breath of calm in all of this VNs. Of course more story and character development will be needed and will happen eventualy, but i expect the game mantain this spirit of grounded and lightheart slice-of-life where we follow normal people just living their lives.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes