VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
I played the the new version and it's pretty much a continuation of this abandoned version. But it's too early to tell where the game is heading. In fact it was too early to tell where this version was heading cause so far up until it was abandoned it was literally just about college life. I mean the game is called best days of our lives so one can assume it'll be about partying, adventure, romance and sex. That was most likely always the narrative and will still be the narrative going forward.
That is what you think

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some thoughts on what went on creatively with this game.

The studio made a valiant promo with a couple a frat boys with some girls who just happened to bang
just because they were together, did not seem to have any personalities or interests to hold them together,
just the inertia of having hung about one another throughout their uni years.

There was this movie setting with young adults outta nowhere and they bang.

Then this game launched, for some reason, with a witty scrawny kid as the MC,
as opposed to the frat boys blank minds that seemed to get the girls just because.

Then for the next couple of updates, the MC was bullied, made fun of, literally pushed off the peer
into the water and then made fun of some more by the girls in his group who for some reason hung about the blank minded frat boys who just brutalized girls and girls seemed to like it.

In this game it was a wonder how violent guys with bad jokes and grabby attitudess had girls frollicking around, while MC was baffled why girls made constant fun of him for those other guys” entertainment.

In the latest updates, MC recovered by appologising to the girls, because the other guys you cannot have any conversation with,
them being the gift to women and what not, but MC managed to mend his bridges with the girls,
being in the same boat at getting pranked by the other guys.

MC also had enough conversations and was classy enough to be cool and dare approach one girl or the other, MC had to choose, so the girl he got to hang and chat with the most would agree to be with him.

There the game stopped. MC had this breakthrough where he overcomes the obstacle of not being the cool kid but the mild mannered chatty funny guy they could cuddle and be with to get away from the frat guys.

Reactions: mofonistik

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Shold you want this new game out earlier,
maybe go collaborate or send a coder their way to further development.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well shit...:(
but i like the idea of streetracing game :)
The game premise doesn't sound bad but after Best Days demise I have little faith in future projects.
We have seen this pattern of devs jumping between projects before and it never works :confused:
The racing game does sound enticing but couldn't the dev continue working on Best Days on his own like he's planning to do with the new game?
that new game Race of life, is it out? :unsure:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Release dates were revealed on the Patreon for Race of Life:

3 September 2022 (12 PM CEST) - Champions (100$)
5 September 2022 (12 PM CEST) - Racers (50$)
7 September 2022 (12 PM CEST) - Mechanics (20$)
9 September 2022 (12 PM CEST) - Bookmakers (10$)
10 September 2022 (12 PM CEST) - Free for everyone!

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Sad to see this game abandoned, it had huge potential... Good luck with your new game, Race of Life!
Well the game's not quite abandoned. It was taken over by ERA51. They basically use the original game as a backstory, then take off on thier own journey. Some personalities have changed significantly but I'll keep following it as I do love the female models, and the new story is interesting if different.

Strange - I just checked and the new version is only 0.1. I managed to DL the 0.6 version and I'm almost certain it was from F95. Maybe it was unofficial and deleted.
Anyway, the link to the new game link is https://f95zone.to/threads/the-best-days-of-our-lives-v0-1a-era51.117048/

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Well the game's not quite abandoned. It was taken over by ERA51. They basically use the original game as a backstory, then take off on thier own journey. Some personalities have changed significantly but I'll keep following it as I do love the female models, and the new story is interesting if different.

Strange - I just checked and the new version is only 0.1. I managed to DL the 0.6 version and I'm almost certain it was from F95. Maybe it was unofficial and deleted.
Anyway, the link to the new game link is https://f95zone.to/threads/the-best-days-of-our-lives-v0-1a-era51.117048/
There was a 0.6, but they basically restarted the version numbers to make it more clear this is basically a new version of the game. 0.6 was basically a beta as they were figuring out how to jumpstart off of the previously released content.

ERA51

The Hitcher
Feb 26, 2022
There was a 0.6, but they basically restarted the version numbers to make it more clear this is basically a new version of the game. 0.6 was basically a beta as they were figuring out how to jumpstart off of the previously released content.
Exactly!!! You get me!

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Shame that this VN was abandoned.
In a way it was not abandoned. New devs ERA51, who posted right above you, took over development. Being new writers and dev team, some aspects can be very disorientating since the writing and characters are very much in their own style and in some cases drastically differ from the vibe and feel in the original version. I think it is worth giving a shot to come to your own conclusions since it is likely the only way to get some closure on the characters and their relationships.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-best-days-of-our-lives-v0-1a-era51.117048/

Sinsear001

Sep 19, 2017
Shame that this VN was abandoned.
If you like the art, the original studio does have a new game out now, but I don't think I has a thread on here. It's called Race of Life but so far I think it's only available through underground studios patreon.

I don't think they have anything to do with BDoOL at all any more though,

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
If you like the art, the original studio does have a new game out now, but I don't think I has a thread on here. It's called Race of Life but so far I think it's only available through underground studios patreon.

I don't think they have anything to do with BDoOL at all any more though,
Public release of Race of Life will be on the 10th.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
hi
I want to download it and play it, but it says abonded while on the developer page it says ON HOLD
Which one is correct? If it is abonded and it is not going to continue, then I will not download it
thanks

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes