Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
For anyone wondering in advance - There is a save file in page 9 which you can use to skip to the new content, the way to start the new questlines is to buy a lightrust from the Keeper or the blacksmith and give it to Amelia (your sister).

I wish to thank everyone for the kind words, support and feedback. We are proud of the new changes and are hoping you enjoy them!

Reactions: qq22 and marbar2197

spellbreaker

Aug 24, 2017
There are a variety of ear shapes in the game, some more pronounced then others. Some will be without the points completely.
I understand what you are saying though. To each his own I guess.
A bit of feedback. I'm just starting the new version, so I'll probably have some more later. :) Some encounters have bad coding. For example.
1624903728594.png
Here, if the player's agility is higher than 14, the game crashes. I suggest you either make it not possible to train higher agi/str through the trainer or just write the damage calculation differently.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tjop

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
Any chance for monster girls?
Yes, we have a few ideas for the fields to add them as enemies and then the player can choose an action with them. An orc girl has already been made it that can be counted as a monster, only a matter of time before the implementation. Great idea and thank you for the question!

nice art i like it, but i will wait for a couple of updates before i give it a go!
Thank you for your nice comment! That is completely understandable to me, as I've said before - I'd do the same with newer games. Hope it will fulfill your expectations in the future, whenever that might be!

The Big Beyond [v0.02] compressed

Original PC Size: 798MB
Compressed PC Size: 103MB: WorkUpload

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much. . this community is really something special to me. Many people are here to help and invest time for something they don't need to care about. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
A bit of feedback. I'm just starting the new version, so I'll probably have some more later. :) Some encounters have bad coding. For example.
View attachment 1270186
Here, if the player's agility is higher than 14, the game crashes. I suggest you either make it not possible to train higher agi/str through the trainer or just write the damage calculation differently.
Acknowledged! Yeah this is really bad code. We are in the process of remaking the whole code so this is clearly a remnant of my very lacking knowledge of it :D. We will take the error in account and fix it of course. I'd like to say thank you. . I really appreciate the feedback - especially in a constructive manner like this. And for anything you find, don't hesitate to say it. "Don't pull any punches" - as some might say. :)

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
For anyone wondering in advance - There is a save file in page 9 which you can use to skip to the new content, the way to start the new questlines is to buy a lightrust from the Keeper or the blacksmith and give it to Amelia (your sister).

I wish to thank everyone for the kind words, support and feedback. We are proud of the new changes and are hoping you enjoy them!
Page nine of the game? I don't have the save, I'm using a Mac.

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
Page nine of the game? I don't have the save, I'm using a Mac.
Yeah when you open up the main menu and go to load you will see < a q 1-9 > at the bottom of the page. On there you click on the 9 and it should be there. If it doesn't show up or you have any type of problems just DM me, I will gladly send you any kind of save file. :)

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This is going to be my first time playing. I must say it's pretty rare to see Male Elf Protags so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes. The story details and pictures look quite interesting. I'm excited to play.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SteppenBro and Tjop

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
This is going to be my first time playing. I must say it's pretty rare to see Male Elf Protags so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes. The story details and pictures look quite interesting. I'm excited to play.
Not to spoil too much but the MC may not be as "elf like" as you might expect. There is a commissioned story coming for the game, and already it's nearing its end as I've heard. Of course, we want to expand the story as soon as possible but we must get all the technical stuff in place. I hope you will find something of interest for you in the game!

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
I know it was already touched on, at page 6, but I'd definitely pile onto that motion for pregnancy content. Even if it was just a content toggle, and a sprite swap, without additional dialogues added in to reflect it.

spellbreaker

Aug 24, 2017
Acknowledged! Yeah this is really bad code. We are in the process of remaking the whole code so this is clearly a remnant of my very lacking knowledge of it :D. We will take the error in account and fix it of course. I'd like to say thank you. . I really appreciate the feedback - especially in a constructive manner like this. And for anything you find, don't hesitate to say it. "Don't pull any punches" - as some might say. :)
No worries, I don't mince words :D If I were you, I'd write those lines something along the lines of
$enemy_take_hit = renpy.random.randint(player_agi, player_agi + 5)
but you know best how to balance things. Personally I'm not even sure if that line would work.

I finished the update. Overall I'm satisfied with it. Kate's cute. She's a bit petite for my tastes, but I like her nonetheless. Being so strong, I think you missed a golden opportunity to give her abs and some muscle definition. And I love the addition of new scenes from the witch. She's my favorite so far, body-wise. In terms of gameplay/systems, I'm happy that you listened to the feedback about the great beyond. Now it's a little bit more clear as to what and where you are going. There's an issue with herb gathering though, which I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. The herbs you can gather do not correspond to the herbs that are on the preview slide. For example, I've been able to gather purehorn on maps where only the other two can be gathered. One more issue, there aren't enough maps with purehorn, it feels really hard to find compared to the others two.
Finally, very funny reference. God knows I'd pay to see a certain queen from those records show up in this game as a cameo maybe(or even more):sneaky:
1624919740771.png

• Red Heart

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of The Big Beyond [v0.02]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Big Beyond [v0.02]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of The Big Beyond [v0.01]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The Big Beyond [v0.01]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Version: v0.02

• Red Heart

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
I was traveling through the Beyond and happened on a scenario where bandits are carrying a beaten aand bloodied man. A dwarf came up to me and said that we can save him. I was taken to the direction screen, I clicked the direction again (there are voices ahead, or something) and got an error:

Python:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 338, in script call
    call cs_sister_intro from _call_cs_sister_intro
  File "game/script.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call cs_first_time_birds from _call_cs_first_time_birds
  File "game/script.rpy", line 415, in script call
    call screen sc_keeper_homestead_1
  File "game/fields/C/C5.rpy", line 46, in script call
    call C5_mn from _call_C5_mn_1
  File "game/fields_of_beyond.rpy", line 98, in script call
    call use_tp_scroll from _call_use_tp_scroll
  File "game/fields/G/G6.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat28
  File "game/fields/G/G1.rpy", line 25, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat88
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call screen player_home_interior_3_prolaz
  File "game/character_dialogues.rpy", line 1976, in script call
    call am from _call_am
    call am from _call_am
  File "game/fields/F/F6.rpy", line 55, in script call
    call screen field_screen
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in script
    $ current_enemy = Bandits
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'Bandits' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 338, in script call
    call cs_sister_intro from _call_cs_sister_intro
  File "game/script.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call cs_first_time_birds from _call_cs_first_time_birds
  File "game/fields/C/C5.rpy", line 46, in script call
    call C5_mn from _call_C5_mn_1
  File "game/fields_of_beyond.rpy", line 98, in script call
    call use_tp_scroll from _call_use_tp_scroll
  File "game/fields/G/G6.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat28
  File "game/fields/G/G1.rpy", line 25, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat88
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call screen player_home_interior_3_prolaz
    call am from _call_am
    call am from _call_am
  File "game/fields/F/F6.rpy", line 55, in script call
    call screen field_screen
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in script
  File "/Users/[redacted]/Games/TheBigBeyond.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/[redacted]/Games/TheBigBeyond.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'Bandits' is not defined

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The_Big_Beyond 0.02
Mon Jun 28 19:18:58 2021
```

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 39 Votes