AoTheGuy

Sep 1, 2017
The Art looks Great, Love the variety in thiccness cant wait to watch this one progress
p.s hope those random hate/weird comments don't deter you. Keep it up ;D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tjop

SteppenBro

Apr 10, 2020
Not to spoil too much but the MC may not be as "elf like" as you might expect. There is a commissioned story coming for the game, and already it's nearing its end as I've heard. Of course, we want to expand the story as soon as possible but we must get all the technical stuff in place. I hope you will find something of interest for you in the game!
"MC may not be as 'elf like' as you might expect"
OOf
Aaaaaaaaand down goes most of the appeal for me. Damn that's disappointing

Sihy

Jun 16, 2017
Absolutely awesome! Great artwork and very nice story. Nothing else to say apart from: I'm waiting for next update!

• Red Heart

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
I know it was already touched on, at page 6, but I'd definitely pile onto that motion for pregnancy content. Even if it was just a content toggle, and a sprite swap, without additional dialogues added in to reflect it.
Yeah I see much interest in this tag so I'm starting to think adding that content toggle as you said for pregnancy is doable without using much development time. I will take a look if I will have time to add more sprites at the end of updates, I sure thing it would be fun to draw.

Reactions: caspian90

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
No worries, I don't mince words :D If I were you, I'd write those lines something along the lines of
$enemy_take_hit = renpy.random.randint(player_agi, player_agi + 5)
but you know best how to balance things. Personally I'm not even sure if that line would work.

I finished the update. Overall I'm satisfied with it. Kate's cute. She's a bit petite for my tastes, but I like her nonetheless. Being so strong, I think you missed a golden opportunity to give her abs and some muscle definition. And I love the addition of new scenes from the witch. She's my favorite so far, body-wise. In terms of gameplay/systems, I'm happy that you listened to the feedback about the great beyond. Now it's a little bit more clear as to what and where you are going. There's an issue with herb gathering though, which I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. The herbs you can gather do not correspond to the herbs that are on the preview slide. For example, I've been able to gather purehorn on maps where only the other two can be gathered. One more issue, there aren't enough maps with purehorn, it feels really hard to find compared to the others two.
Finally, very funny reference. God knows I'd pay to see a certain queen from those records show up in this game as a cameo maybe(or even more):sneaky:
View attachment 1270969
Yeah I understand you, I was inspired to make a character that has some contrast - like small and petite but strong, I thought it would be interesting. I felt that there are too much "thicc" characters because that's also my preference (every time I start drawing a character it just gets more curvy the more I work on it :D) so just to fulfill all the body types I wanted to make her this way. No worries though, I can make some sprite swaps. . . or training sidequest? Also there is a strong female done, just waiting to put her to action later.

about the herbs - Yeah, good observation. That's an easy fix but we also sometimes get confused a bit in the code/ design of those damn fields :D. I want to say that I remember your advice for the map in the fields and we are now starting work on it, we only wanted to remake the navigation system first.

He he the "certain queen" now sounds fun to draw, an easter egg like illustration never hurt nobody!:)

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
Italian translation

Version: v0.02
Aaaand added!! Thank you very much for your work you do Gleemer so people can enjoy the game!

I was traveling through the Beyond and happened on a scenario where bandits are carrying a beaten a bloodied man. A dwarf came up to me and said that we can save him. I was taken to the direction screen, I clicked the direction again (there are voices ahead, or something) and got an error:

Python:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 338, in script call
    call cs_sister_intro from _call_cs_sister_intro
  File "game/script.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call cs_first_time_birds from _call_cs_first_time_birds
  File "game/script.rpy", line 415, in script call
    call screen sc_keeper_homestead_1
  File "game/fields/C/C5.rpy", line 46, in script call
    call C5_mn from _call_C5_mn_1
  File "game/fields_of_beyond.rpy", line 98, in script call
    call use_tp_scroll from _call_use_tp_scroll
  File "game/fields/G/G6.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat28
  File "game/fields/G/G1.rpy", line 25, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat88
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call screen player_home_interior_3_prolaz
  File "game/character_dialogues.rpy", line 1976, in script call
    call am from _call_am
    call am from _call_am
  File "game/fields/F/F6.rpy", line 55, in script call
    call screen field_screen
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in script
    $ current_enemy = Bandits
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'Bandits' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 338, in script call
    call cs_sister_intro from _call_cs_sister_intro
  File "game/script.rpy", line 385, in script call
    call cs_first_time_birds from _call_cs_first_time_birds
  File "game/fields/C/C5.rpy", line 46, in script call
    call C5_mn from _call_C5_mn_1
  File "game/fields_of_beyond.rpy", line 98, in script call
    call use_tp_scroll from _call_use_tp_scroll
  File "game/fields/G/G6.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat28
  File "game/fields/G/G1.rpy", line 25, in script call
    call start_enemy_combat from _call_start_enemy_combat88
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call screen player_home_interior_3_prolaz
    call am from _call_am
    call am from _call_am
  File "game/fields/F/F6.rpy", line 55, in script call
    call screen field_screen
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in script
  File "/Users/[redacted]/Games/TheBigBeyond.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/[redacted]/Games/TheBigBeyond.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/fields/G/G3.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'Bandits' is not defined

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The_Big_Beyond 0.02
Mon Jun 28 19:18:58 2021
```
Yeah. . . looks like just a typo, the B should be lowercase. . I'm sorry for this, I should have noticed it without question. It's noted though and will be resolved, thank you for the feedback!

The Art looks Great, Love the variety in thiccness cant wait to watch this one progress
p.s hope those random hate/weird comments don't deter you. Keep it up ;D
To be honest, since I'm so in love with producing the game I don't see a way for them to deter me, especially not with such extremely nice and supportive comments like this one! The community has been very kind and welcoming in every way. Thank you very much, and I'm glad you are watching the progress further! :)

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
Art looks cool, but idk where to go, seems im stuck pretty much on the start
Hey, if you at any point have troubles progressing, you can DM me or post the question in the thread at any time and I'll be happy to help you!

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
"MC may not be as 'elf like' as you might expect"
OOf
Aaaaaaaaand down goes most of the appeal for me. Damn that's disappointing
I could have phrased it better. He is an elf but not a typical one. . like a different type in the elder scrolls for example. Anyway, I don't want to overcomplicate everything, the story will explain it. I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with it though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SteppenBro

GmbH2088

Sep 4, 2019
The game looks great and seems to have gameplay potential but the bugs are a problem
I am stuck at the potion ingreedients quest because all areas that are supposed to spawn purpletongue give me other plants instead
Killing the monster in the lake crashes the game with an uncaught exception
And after the wolf fight the battle ui was visible on the screen until i returned to the big beyond and started another battle

Tjop

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2021
art looks dope, can't wait for the incest patch.
There is one animation in the game if you haven't seen it already, and more to come! Let me ask you, would you prefer the mother or sister? I sometimes cannot decide between them myself :D

The game looks great and seems to have gameplay potential but the bugs are a problem
I am stuck at the potion ingreedients quest because all areas that are supposed to spawn purpletongue give me other plants instead
Killing the monster in the lake crashes the game with an uncaught exception
And after the wolf fight the battle ui was visible on the screen until i returned to the big beyond and started another battle
Others also pointed that out and I'm aware now of some of the problems. I am truly sorry for the bugs, we always try our best to find them all. You can easily buy the plants you need from Emily in the herb shop. She sells azure fern and purpletongue by default and when you finish her quest and give her purehorn she will also start to sell that. Hope this helps a bit, thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: GmbH2088

potatoman398

Aug 3, 2019
Well the latest version convinced me to add this on Patreon. It's definitely early, and there are rough edges and bugs and whatnot, but the art's fantastic and the core gameplay loop is genuinely really fun. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

• Red Heart

krosszx

Jan 4, 2019
There is one animation in the game if you haven't seen it already, and more to come! Let me ask you, would you prefer the mother or sister? I sometimes cannot decide between them myself :D
oh haven't reach that far yet, definitely gonna finish it if i got time to play more.
i like both as long as it has good character development but for me personally i slightly towards to mother. i leave you to it : D

4.10 star(s) 39 Votes