PPLayer

May 18, 2018
v0.8:
-Old saves no longer work.
Uff, this is a bitter pill to swallow ... there is quiet a lot to skip by now - I'm not complaining about the game content, that's a plus ^^ - just that we have to restart and it will take a while to get to the last point ... not sure I wanna do that right now. Maybe I'm gonna skip this update and have the next one more content to discover after miss-using the STRG button ;)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Dear Dev :
First off, as others have said, stop breaking saves, that shit's going to kill interest quickly.

Secondly, adding one quest that requires a character a lot, if not most, players will have gotten rid of and making that the focus of the update is going to hurt you as well. You'll want to add stuff with the main characters in the story and add this side-girl shit as a bonus, not make it the primary reason to redownload.

Thirdly, the game and the quest system is unintuitive as hell. There's no in-game indicator about what you can or can't do or when you're done. For example, I have the above mentioned Psychology 101 quest listed as active in my quest log, but I got rid of whatsherface because I don't want to drag her into the underworld and Best Girl Zoey is about 10 million times better than her, so why even bother? As a result I've got an "active" quest I can't actually do anything with. I also got emails about going to visit people, and yet whenever I try I get a "no reason to go there" message. Make up your mind.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Just a tip here, if you tried to load a save and noticed they are not working then you should delete ALL saves and re-open the game before stating a new one, just to be sure... i started a new one without deleting the saves and at some point i just got stucked with no chance to progress because of some unkown bug.....deleting, re-opening and starting a new game resolved the problem.
That sounds like a very strange bug. Could you elaborate a bit? Like do you know/remember if it's an issue with the engine or the game? What was the message that renpy spit out?

In this update we can make jason not killed by using mc's power, but I will still do the old way to kill that son of motherfucker to save julie and contact with her!:mad:
The UI is better than the old version, make it more simple to look at.
It seems mc's sister will be appear in the future story?:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so, to be clear; "lessons in spirituality / meeting the boss / testing the waters" can't be completed right? because i didn't get any kind of credits screen or end of content warning after i finished the other 2 quests
That is correct. I added which quests are available in the changelog, but I forgot to add the end of content message and credits at the end of added quests. Sorry for the confusion. Next release will probably have its own system for tracking that stuff (no worries, no restart needed :D )
Dear Dev :
First off, as others have said, stop breaking saves, that shit's going to kill interest quickly.

Secondly, adding one quest that requires a character a lot, if not most, players will have gotten rid of and making that the focus of the update is going to hurt you as well. You'll want to add stuff with the main characters in the story and add this side-girl shit as a bonus, not make it the primary reason to redownload.

Thirdly, the game and the quest system is unintuitive as hell. There's no in-game indicator about what you can or can't do or when you're done. For example, I have the above mentioned Psychology 101 quest listed as active in my quest log, but I got rid of whatsherface because I don't want to drag her into the underworld and Best Girl Zoey is about 10 million times better than her, so why even bother? As a result I've got an "active" quest I can't actually do anything with. I also got emails about going to visit people, and yet whenever I try I get a "no reason to go there" message. Make up your mind.
That's actually a bug. You shouldn't have gotten Psychology 101 if you got rid of whatsherface. Will be fixed in next version, and thanks for spotting it!

Reactions: monk_56

w123t4

May 26, 2019
That sounds like a very strange bug. Could you elaborate a bit? Like do you know/remember if it's an issue with the engine or the game? What was the message that renpy spit out?

That is correct. I added which quests are available in the changelog, but I forgot to add the end of content message and credits at the end of added quests. Sorry for the confusion. Next release will probably have its own system for tracking that stuff (no worries, no restart needed :D )

That's actually a bug. You shouldn't have gotten Psychology 101 if you got rid of whatsherface. Will be fixed in next version, and thanks for spotting it!

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
The Dev said they planned on adding a sandbox awhile back, just the first updates didn't have it. Haven't checked the new update just yet, so guessing from your comment and the one above mine, they finally added it.

Really hoping it won't be grindy. Really like this game, but not a fan of sandboxes. So hopefully it isn't too bad.
sandbox is always done badly so yeah I am off it's either grindy and takes way to long to get whatever the reward is or there's a terrible explanation of how to play or the hint system is trash if there is one either way it's always a big disappointment so I don't even bother anymore with a bunch of clicking for clicking's sake and then the lack luster reward(s)... too bad I really liked this one until now...

Reactions: Drafox

Alextsai

May 1, 2018
i figured out a way to use the old saves. at least it worked for me

just load your save , then you will get that message that saves will not work. don't click your mouse button otherwise it will load the main menu from here. Just use your scroll wheel on the mouse to go rollback one screen and your save will allow you to continue

• Red Heart
Reactions: Drafox

Halfwic

May 22, 2021
What Im learning from this thread is that most people just continue with their saves even if the content takes months to drop. Am I the only one who will skip an update or two of a game then comeback to it and replay it? Like how the fuck do you guys remember everything? I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast let alone the stories to the several VNs and RPGs Im playing. The amount of times Ive gotten plot points from this game and Rebirth confused are insane.

Reactions: Nulldev

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
v0.81 release is out for public consumption! Grab it from the front page.

Changelog for v0.81:
-Fixed the issue where starting "Psychology 101" quest resulted in visuals being unresponsive in certain conditions.
Changelog for v0.8:
-Old saves no longer work. When trying to load them, the game informs players of that and boots them into main menu
-Quests "Psychology 101" and "School's in" are implemented- to start them go to the new position on the map - Hospital - for the "School's in" and for "Psychology 101" you first need to not have chased away Claire, and then either call her by phone from your room (phone is intractable in v0.8), or go to the new location on the map - Coffee Shop.
-Glossary entries are now marked whenever new information is either added or updated
-Skill checks and Character affinity/trust checks now show up as successful and failed. The message has been automated (was semi-automatic before), and instead of manually calculating the possibilities of players clearing the checks the system now works in 5 tiers of difficulty: None, Trivial, Easy, Medium, Hard, with each tier representing 20 percentile of maximum number of possible points a player could achieve up to that point. So a Hard skill roll for Prowess would require player to gather 80% of all of the skill points in #hat category. The whole system is remade and I think I changed every variable where it was needed, but I may have missed some, so if you spot something wrong with choices feel free to inform me
-Added extra values in all classes. the reason y'all had to reboot the game from the start was because a functionality that I wanted to implement couldn't be implemented without adding a new value into a particular class, breaking the game in the process. so hopefully adding a dummy value to all classes should help with dealing with that in the future if I ever decide to change up something else like that

Issues:
-There is a report that the quest "Vampire's First Steps" somehow reactivated itself in one playthrough, but I'm unable to recreate the issue.
-Minor glitches here and there, nothing that should hard/soft lock progress (hopefully), but you may encounter some "sticky" sounds, or bad transitions and stuff like that.

Of course, if there are any major issues, typos, or just comments about the story quality, or anything really, feel free to contact me here or on Discord.
Firstly, madmate.games, thanks for the update!

But: Is this new update effectively a major overhaul/polish of the already existing game content (cause from your change-log it seems to be mainly something like that)?
If that's actually the case, please keep in mind that players appreciate new game content over any (major or minor) game polishing overhaul after a prolonged development time since the last update (over six months).
In particular when that new update "breaks" old saves, 'forcing' players to start all over from the scratch, and maybe isn't estimated significantly worth enough the long wait for another update/another complete new playthrough then?!

Well, your game is certainly worth waiting for a bit until the next update release. However, I really hope that your main focus in the following updates will be the plot and much more additional game content instead of (not so essential) polishes!

Reactions: Macgamer

TC926

Oct 7, 2018
i'm stuck after meeting doc and getting info about vampire powers i got stuck.
Have 3 active quests 1-Meet Ciara in the lobby of core tech building
2- talk to shevaun about her evening classes
3- meet eliot at the Moghila estate

but when ever i select Moghila estate i get error "No need to go there right now" same with other
and no option to sleep. What is wrong or what i am missing here??

Reactions: memonto_mori

crivella

Sep 27, 2017
i'm stuck after meeting doc and getting info about vampire powers i got stuck.
Have 3 active quests 1-Meet Ciara in the lobby of core tech building
2- talk to shevaun about her evening classes
3- meet eliot at the Moghila estate

but when ever i select Moghila estate i get error "No need to go there right now" same with other
and no option to sleep. What is wrong or what i am missing here??
these 3 quest are not in the game yet, just read the reply of the developer in the previus page

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes