VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes

kneiv

Dec 23, 2020
I rarely if ever comment on games, but damn man!

Two chapters in and this is already top 5 game in my list after playing over 90+ games so far.

And btw, gotta love the torpedo titties!

Reactions: kratos1234

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It is a fresh story for these kinds of VNs, I just wish there was a better explanation of the points system. I have read a few other posts who have similar issues; it doesn't make any sense how and when you earn certain points. I don't mind point systems if I understand how to earn them.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It is a fresh story for these kinds of VNs, I just wish there was a better explanation of the points system. I have read a few other posts who have similar issues; it doesn't make any sense how and when you earn certain points. I don't mind point systems if I understand how to earn them.
Love this game yet I also agree that the points system is a bit of a mess and needs to be fixed or just removed. I am really enjoying this kinky little story and am always ready for more... I just wished the points would go away! Just let us play and make whatever choices we want to make, no points required. Maybe someone will create a cheat mod to override the points. That would be cool but even better if the author fixes it in game. The points system really isn't working well as it is IMHO.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

PS: LOVE Steely Dan! Great band to use as your moniker. :) Unless of course you were referring to the strap on dildo of the same name as described by William S. Burroughs in his beat novel Naked Lunch. Then I still have to say, "Bravo! and well played!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Yes, band names often originate from strange places...:devilish:

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
PS: LOVE Steely Dan! Great band to use as your moniker. :) Unless of course you were referring to the strap on dildo of the same name as described by William S. Burroughs in his beat novel Naked Lunch. Then I still have to say, "Bravo! and well played!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Yes, band names often originate from strange places...:devilish:
Yes and yes!

If you check my page (not pimping for money), you can see my tribute to William S. Burroughs. Plus, my signature is a line from my favorite Steely Dan song.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Even if you don't go to the bonfire he's kicked out of the hotel as if the game ignored it and the scene is always the same
Yep, and if you didn't have enough Karma (or didn't choose to get involved) with the landlady's daughter you're still across the island coming back with the daughter in the back of a pickup truck. And when you talk to the mayor's secretary she's harping on how you fucked the preacher's wife (her daughter) whether you actually even went to church or not.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yep, and if you didn't have enough Karma (or didn't choose to get involved) with the landlady's daughter you're still across the island coming back with the daughter in the back of a pickup truck. And when you talk to the mayor's secretary she's harping on how you fucked the preacher's wife (her daughter) whether you actually even went to church or not.
Yep... this game does need some work... still like it tho

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
(y)

rip-basium

Nov 23, 2021
for the love of god please enable dialogue skipping. i just finished the last build and downloaded this new episode and i have to play all over again because my points were wiped between builds.

edit: one of the best games out btw. thanks for pregnancy, pubes, and ntr. the holy trinity. great writing and setting, too.

demonfenix.

Jan 1, 2023
¿Buenas alguna persona de buen corazón me puede ayudar con la traducción al español de la última versión?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
for the love of god please enable dialogue skipping. i just finished the last build and downloaded this new episode and i have to play all over again because my points were wiped between builds.

edit: one of the best games out btw. thanks for pregnancy, pubes, and ntr. the holy trinity. great writing and setting, too.
You can use either of these nice tools, UNREN or UNREN Ultra Hack, ultra is an updated version as the old one doesn't work no newer version of Ren'Py. Just run it and select 5 with allow skipping, some games it's not needed and just go to options and enable skipping. Also, can extract rpa files and then you can view the files (images and animations) in XnViewMP and the like.

Reactions: rip-basium

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I am very far from a fan of this dev and this game, as my post history in this thread proves, but this sounds like you made choices that didn't get you points. There are enough points to see all the current content in the game, though declining girls will definitely lose you options to get points. I ended season 1 with 31 total points.

Well. This holds true for Ep.5. If you played Ep.4 or Ep.3, then you're correct, there are NOT enough points, because the dev made some huge fuckups in the code, and reset points to 1 several times. If you are loading a save from Ep.4, you are far better off starting over with Ep.5.
That's what i though because i played the game since the first version and just load my game. I was absolutely sure to have made the right choices but i still hd not the points.
But what is stupid in this game, it's that suddently that shit hits the fan and you are left puzzled and pissed.
The dev could have warned that using an old save could lead to that shit.
Well maybe i will play that game in the future when the dev will have made more content and handeled those problems.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Direknight

Jul 14, 2017
Any news about an update?
The Builder - Episode 6(1).png

Episode 6 - progress report
Episode 6 of The Builder is centered around a quite decisive weekend in our hero's life. He might just not know it yet.
As I mentioned in an earlier comment: There will be sperm ...
Two new characters are being introduced - out of basic physical needs from the side of our protagonist. You met one of them very briefly at the end of season 1.
A bit more script work to do before the episode production again enters the intensive 24/7 render phase.
Thank you all for your continued support. I promise Episode 6 will kick off Season 2 in a lustful and entertaining way!
Chris

May 5, 2019
Got error after Church wife has happened a few more times since then all referencing "gallery" name.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script_ep4.rpy", line 787, in script
    if gallery:
  File "game/script_ep4.rpy", line 787, in <module>
    if gallery:
NameError: name 'gallery' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script_ep4.rpy", line 787, in script
    if gallery:
  File "***\The_Builder-Episode_5_B2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "***\The_Builder-Episode_5_B2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "***\The_Builder-Episode_5_B2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script_ep4.rpy", line 787, in <module>
    if gallery:
NameError: name 'gallery' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Builder Episode_5_B2
Sat Feb 11 21:08:47 2023

Last edited:

D34K0N

Mar 1, 2021
Any mods for game?
I use android port version and quick menu buttons are really small and dark, can't see em at some points

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes