4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Yup, you are mistaken ... And for there to be incest, there needs to be sex _ so far, nada. Need a little truth in advertising around here. Nope, catching a glimpse of your mom, sis or aunt nekid is not incest. Its not sexual content either.
Heh.
I was wrong only in the type of sexual interaction. There is no oral sex but there is a handjob. So, no. The game does not need the "No Sexual Content" tag, but the "handjob" tag.

The incest tag is listed as "Sexual Content". So, I agree. You are right.
But in many occasions it helps the player to know when a game will be about incest. Even if there is no content yet. Considering that many developers don't inform us of future tags their games will have, I think it's not a bad thing for a game to contain this tag even if there is no such content available yet. Especially knowing that in the "incest" category, step-incest is included, with no blood relation. Which does not seem right to me.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Heh.
I was wrong only in the type of sexual interaction. There is no oral sex but there is a handjob. So, no. The game does not need the "No Sexual Content" tag, but the "handjob" tag.

But in many occasions it helps the player to know when a game will be about incest. Even if there is no content yet. Considering that many developers don't inform us of future tags their games will have, I think it's not a bad thing for a game to contain this tag even if there is no such content available yet. Especially knowing that in the "incest" category, step-incest is included, with no blood relation. Which does not seem right to me.
I'm ok with the premature incest tag because you know that is where it's going.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Heh.

Tags should definitely indicate both implemented and planned content for exactly the purpose described - categorization.

It would be nice if there were a simple way to indicate on a tag whether it is implemented or planned (e.g., by changing background/text colors), but those in charge of threads would need to keep it up-to-date.

Reactions: Reese286

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
OK, so my Part1 saves aren't working. Got it. Question is, if I start from the beginning can I play right through this update? Do I need a Save file to continue or do I just go to start new and it lets ne go to the new material?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
OK, so my Part1 saves aren't working. Got it. Question is, if I start from the beginning can I play right through this update? Do I need a Save file to continue or do I just go to start new and it lets ne go to the new material?
If you start a new game, it will play to the end of this latest update.
You should be able to fast forward through the parts you've already played.

Reactions: snarkster1558

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig

links
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1492725_tcsv-fan2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1492726_tcsv-fan3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/10/1492727_tcsv-fan4.gif
previous: here

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
If you start a new game, it will play to the end of this latest update.
You should be able to fast forward through the parts you've already played.
Just started a new game. Played through until the end of part 1/3 (the same spot I stopped last time), but it won't let me go through to Part 2

Last edited:
Reactions: pw11

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Heh.

I'm ok with the premature incest tag because you know that is where it's going.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tags should definitely indicate both implemented and planned content for exactly the purpose described - categorization.

It would be nice if there were a simple way to indicate on a tag whether it is implemented or planned (e.g., by changing background/text colors), but those in charge of threads would need to keep it up-to-date.
I understand what you all are saying, but that's not how it works on F95. Games are supposed to list tags only if they are currently in the game, not intended for the future. If there is no sexual interaction between family members yet, incest shouldn't be in the tags. If a developer wants to indicate what's coming, that's up to them. I can never remember whether they count "dream sex" as actual sexual content. Obviously it's not actual sex, but "sexual content" might count dreams.

I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with existing definitions, but per F95's policy, incest should definitely not be in the game yet.

Reactions: clowns234

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Cell Studios should revisit the relationship and character name variables in the script. The way they're done can end up with some funky results. For example, the question asks what you would like to call Grace. Well, "you" are the MC, so if you're supposed to have incest, "you" would call her "Mom" or "Mother", right? If I use that as what the MC calls her, you end up with funkiness later, like Hazel calling her own sister "Mom". The question had been what you call her, not what her name is.

There is something similar with Hazel. If I choose to call her "Aunt Hazel", I see that above the text when she speaks. However, you're also asked what her relation to you is, which would be aunt. So then, Lisa might later say "aunt Aunt Hazel's cabin" . . . which is wrong. I think more clarity in the opening questions and a sample sentence using all of the forms would be a good idea so players can see what they'll get and, if there's a mistake / misunderstanding, they can redo it then so it reads better later.

Reactions: clowns234

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I understand what you all are saying, but that's not how it works on F95. Games are supposed to list tags only if they are currently in the game, not intended for the future. If there is no sexual interaction between family members yet, incest shouldn't be in the tags. If a developer wants to indicate what's coming, that's up to them. I can never remember whether they count "dream sex" as actual sexual content. Obviously it's not actual sex, but "sexual content" might count dreams.

I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with existing definitions, but per F95's policy, incest should definitely not be in the game yet.
Heh. I know, I know. The rules are what they are. I also commented on it. In theory, the tag should not be, by definition. But I also say that personally I don't find anything negative in this specific aspect. Yes, incest as such is the sexual practice. But I think it can function perfectly well as a non-sexual tag.
Another example is 'rape'. I have seen a couple of games where there is no explicit rape, but it is used as a background for some character and yet the tag is placed.

But it's worse when a first game release has all the important sex tags (oral sex, anal sex and vaginal sex). But, oh, surprise. None of them happen to the MC. Technically it's fine and it follows the rules, but that's playing dirty. :HideThePain:

grohotor

May 15, 2020
F really The old Landlady and Housemate shit again . Fu_k at least give us the option to change that shit before we start the game of make an IC Patch.
play more than 2 minutes. you have that option.

CellStudios Please always display only the characters name in the dialog box. In a single scene Grace goes to mom and then Grace again, sometimes in renders directly next to eachother . same for Hazel. This is mildly infuriating

Reactions: swills13

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
It's fantasy, adds to the mystery...or I just liked how it looked :unsure:
Meanwhile, those of us who know what the Roche Limit is know that both that moon and the planet would be in the process of tearing themselves apart and becoming a new asteroid belt. Physics, it's an actual thing.

Reactions: JonasSnr

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
play more than 2 minutes. you have that option.

CellStudios Please always display only the characters name in the dialog box. In a single scene Grace goes to mom and then Grace again, sometimes in renders directly next to eachother . same for Hazel. This is mildly infuriating
The reason it goes back and fourth between Grace and Mom is because it depends who she is talking to, if she is talking to mc or Lisa it should show up as Mom but if it shows as Grace it means she's talking to Hazel or a non-family member ( or at least it should if I did it right :p ), it would be weird for Hazel or anyone else that isn't her kid to call her Mom :unsure:

grohotor

May 15, 2020
The reason it goes back and fourth between Grace and Mom is because it depends who she is talking to, if she is talking to mc or Lisa it should show up as Mom but if it shows as Grace it means she's talking to Hazel or a non-family member ( or at least it should if I did it right :p ), it would be weird for Hazel or anyone else that isn't her kid to call her Mom :unsure:
It should not matter who the character is talking to, the displayed name is only there for the audience sake. Its not the same as characters using different names to refer to the same person. If we cant tell who a character is talking to then there is a writing/rendering problem. Il put it this way, you are doing it differently than 99.99% of visual novels. I'm not saying 100% only because ive seen it once before, people were not fans of it

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes