4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
During the gameplay, random images of the aunt appear when the MC and his sister are going to the city, breaking the immersion in the story. It has been rewritten, but still contains errors. But I really like this VN.
Yep, during the first meeting with Hunter, got it too...
Let's hope for a patch with Ep3-4

Reactions: bosspigs

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
soooo
i cant just play new 1 2
then go old 3 4 ?
just stop at new 1 2 and wait ?
is the diffrence that big ?
Do what you want, but there is a pretty large shift in tone for the entire game. I just got the Steam version during winter sale, as it only has first 2 episodes currently. I will be getting the rest free, once they are done. ;)

• Angry
Reactions: Y.Gromov

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Well that rewrite was very good. Grace is way more sympathetic and some parts are more enjoyable than before (bowling, clothing store,...).
A little sad we lost Apura (Apuna ? I can't remember :cry:), she was fun and hot but Kaydence is an awesome trade off ; cute as hell.
The best part of the game, for me, remains the same and is actually better in the rewrite : the relationship between Lisa and MC.
Had a blast seeing those 2 interact and being so cute together. Hope we'll get much more of it.
Kudos and big thanks CellStudios

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I hadn't realized before, but I guess CellStudios must be a fan of the original MC of At Home Again or something. Or maybe instead it's to contrast the two and say, "This is what an MC is supposed to look like." :unsure:

1673140587172.png

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So the fap arm and the leftover one? Probably not the one from TCSV, but maybe from another game.

BTW, where did the purple in Lisa's hair go after swimming in the lake? And how did her hair dry so fast and regain the purple when they go into the run-down cabin? :unsure:

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
so why is it landlady/roommate bullshit????
where is the supposed incest here?

is there a mod i do not know about?!
So you read one or maybe two screens and decided to call it quits? Don't you ever see any games that have a minute or two and then ask you to define relationships? It's not uncommon to do that at all. It's not "bullshit"; it's called avoiding getting your ass shut down by censor Tsars over at Patreon. Instead of asking the question aggressively, next time maybe just ask it calmly and people won't facepalm you as much or start to question your ability to pay attention.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
OK what is my pre caffeinated brain missing, the link on the top says episode 2 is 400 odd mbs, and episode 4 is lower down and 2gigs.

Wizard++

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
OK what is my pre caffeinated brain missing, the link on the top says episode 2 is 400 odd mbs, and episode 4 is lower down and 2gigs.
I re-compressed everything as webp. Better compression, same quality. There's actually more images in ep1/2 than there was before, despite the smaller size.

Edit: Oh and 1/2 is the rewrite. There are new scenes, a few more choices, adjusted dialogue, trimmed down some of the inconsequential bits, and fixing plot holes. Though the plot holes are more ep3, which we're currently working on.

Last edited:

Wizard++

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
There's been some questions about what's different, which link should be downloaded, etc. So first of all, the ep4 is an older version containing 1 through 4, ep2 is the newer rewrite which includes ep1 and 2.

Obviously you could still play the older version that goes to ep4, but up to ep3 was written by a different writer, and I wrote ep4. I've seen the question of 'why rewrite?' popping up a lot in here as well, and that's probably the biggest reason. The previous writer and I have significantly different styles, and Cell and I agreed that it would be worth making everything consistent. Plus I'm taking the opportunity to add some changes, hopefully for the better, and fix plot holes, especially one in particular, that I think had the story kind of written into a bit of a corner. While I won't go into details, I'm sure some of you can guess what that was.

Now... I personally understand that a rewrite can be a bit frustrating, and I actually really hate rewriting someone elses work too; it becomes difficult to separate their ideas from my own. But I hope you guys can at least give it a chance, even if that means waiting for us to get caught back up to ep 4 or 5. I have read through most, if not all of the comments, and while not everyone's wishes will be granted, I am doing my best to take into consideration what I think is reasonable, from here, steam, and patreon. And to the best of my abilities, create a compelling narrative that as many people as possible can enjoy.

Oh, and on the point of saves... the saves won't be compatible. There's just too much being added that didn't exist in the old version. New choices, new variable, new scenes. Old saves won't work, even once we're caught back up to ep4.

I hope that helps clear some things up, cheers guys.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I understand the reason, but still bodes ill IMO, if a game gets a rewrite and team chance so early in.
Hope this stays on course, I will try again once the rewrite is down and we get actual new content.
It's not my intent to accuse the new writer of anything and I know Cell as someone who gets his part done, but I am honestly burned on games I enjoyed being abandoned and rewrites more often than not lead into that. With so many games having this fate, I ain't trying before I know this will actually continue development beyond the rewrite.

Reactions: Aelth
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes