4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
I felt the same way but then I read some of the comments and all who replayed the rewrite say it's better now so...
Give it a try before writing it off?
I'm not that far into the rewrite. I see some changes, but overall, the mother is still a cunt and the MC is still a little bitch. Is it better? Getting a 1% pay raise is still better than not getting anything at all.

Honestly, I don't even care what terrible thing happened to the mother. There is a scene where the MC is curious, and has a chance to find out, but then decides to not. It seems like its going to be dragged out and the MC is just going to be that alcoholic trolls punching bag in the meantime. Honestly, with the way he acts, just have Grace actually peg him instead of doing it metaphorically.

I tried to give this another chance, but just... ugh.

Reactions: Aelth

SmirgL14

Dec 26, 2017
just a question:

is the first Download just episode 4 and the one with "Episode 4" the whole game?

Will-o-Wisp

Nov 5, 2017
So the game wasn't even close to finished and is now getting rewritten? Talk about red flags. This was on my watchlist, but off to the chopping block with it.
[Disclaimer: I haven't play the game in a while and haven't played the rewritten version yet, so my take my now be obsolete]
To be fair, I seem to remember thinking that it felt like the story had cornered itself with a quite weird branching in the storyline. Depending or whether you were going out with a certain person or not, you could witness a crucial event that was otherwise missed. So to reconciliate the story, a massive plot point had kind of to be brushed aside, which felt a bit weird, imo.

I hope the rewrite somewhat attenuate this issue. I hope so, because otherwise, the game was really good. Needly to say, I'll give it a try and wish all the best for the dev

Reactions: SmirgL14

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Man, I just hope there's no rape in this game. Especially with the main girls, it would make me give up on the game entirely.
That's the issue that this game had. The original story line was going to be that mom had been raped at the party with dad's coworkers. Dad was not going to believe her or was not going to do anything because it was his boss who was responsible. The developer figured out that the rape storyline would tremendously hurt the game financially. The backstory was changed and the new backstory (and I have not played this update to determine if it has been changed again) did not justify mom's behavior for some people. Like you, I don't play games with rape content. I prefer the altered backstory to the rape backstory even if mom's behavior now seems a bit extreme.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Episode 2 remaster download.
Anyone else notice the out of place renders?
MC and Lisa walking to town, meet Hunter and the dog, then an image with Aunt in their car while Lisa and MC talking, then a few images later, image of Lisa and Aunt next to the car while Lisa and MC talking.
Hope Dev sorts it out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sweet Force

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The Cabin - Summer Vacation [Ep. 4] [Cell Studios] crunched

Info: :PogChamp:The dev sells my crunched version on ! :BootyTime:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Developers Strike Back!

For years, this site had been pirating and leaking thousands of developers work freely :D. One dev is making a stand by pirating his pirated game and selling it for money:ROFLMAO:. Piracy is the answer to piracy, as you can only fight piracy with piracy:p.

Wizard++

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Episode 2 remaster download.
Anyone else notice the out of place renders?
MC and Lisa walking to town, meet Hunter and the dog, then an image with Aunt in their car while Lisa and MC talking, then a few images later, image of Lisa and Aunt next to the car while Lisa and MC talking.
Hope Dev sorts it out.
Yeah, a bunch of scenes were re-lit and such, where there was a slight hiccup with some images being renamed by accident.
This was actually already addressed on the steam version. I'm guessing the leak came from before that patch went live.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
It seems there's no episode 1 game called "The Cabin", and no download for anything but episode 2 and 4.

You might wanna clarify what to do with this, or if we should just play the second and fourth part of a game?

Also - this is why a game with multiple downloadable parts is a bad idea.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Developers Strike Back!

For years, this site had been pirating and leaking thousands of developers work freely :D. One dev is making a stand by pirating his pirated game and selling it for money:ROFLMAO:. Piracy is the answer to piracy, as you can only fight piracy with piracy:p.
:WeSmart:Reverse Piracy :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: JohnF95zone

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
It seems there's no episode 1 game called "The Cabin", and no download for anything but episode 2 and 4.

You might wanna clarify what to do with this, or if we should just play the second and fourth part of a game?

Also - this is why a game with multiple downloadable parts is a bad idea.
There is a new version of 1-2 and an old version of 1-4.

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
I really liked this game and now see why it took so long for another release. Is it worth starting over or continuing on.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Because it was broke. Mum was an abusive thundercunt with very little redeeming qualities, and the MC was a shit eating sub who took it like a pro. The characters were too extreme and needed some balancing to make them at all relatable.
Only reason I can think of for anyone being happy with the first version, is if they were just here for the nice renders and didn't care at all about the characters or the story.
I find it much improved. Good job Dev. (y)
Oh I didn't know it has been reworked but when I started today I was forced to restart and when i played it I enjoyed much more than before, now I understand why. The first time I played it, it felt weird and a bit too dark, I just hope that this nice story will not end up as a horror story with the shady guy with the dog and the other one in the woods doing some dark sorcery.
If the guy, Hunter I guess, becomes some stalker and raper and the other one kidnapp the girls to perform some sacrifice, I don't think I will go on, it would totally kill the mood and become some shitty z movie i don't give a shit for.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
If the guy, Hunter I guess, becomes some stalker and raper
His character did have a few subtle changes, he calls Lisa a cutie when they first met and now the dialogues suggest that he was involved (sexually?) with the aunt, he was a bit more "inoffensive" before the rewrite, not sure how the character will develop.. hopefully not the way you said. I might be missing some info from Chapter 4 as i didn't play it yet.

As for the rewrite, i didn't finish chapter 2 and the changes are very subtle in general, at least from memory (and my memory sucks), but we'll see.

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes