4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

UnFuckable

Dec 10, 2021
wow, i just finished playing it and i thought it was really good. i was just about ready to support him via patreon when i noticed there hasn't been an update since 5/2022. i can understand making polls, renders, and releases per patreon tier, but simple status info should be public so people like myself won't see this as abandoned. maybe if the dev can post some kind of status update on his page ill reconsider.
If i remember correctly this dev is remaking this game and has made one chapter (i think)

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
So this was the latest on progress couple weeks ago:

"Hey all,

It's been a while since I've done a progress report but in all honesty there hasn't been much to report one. Work on Emi took way longer than I would have liked which caused work on The Cabin to slow way more than I would have liked.

But both myself and Wizard and back on The Cabin and neither of us are working on anything else... well, almost nothing else

The rewrite for episode 2 of the cabin is pretty much done. We have decided to add a few new scenes. One of which is complete and the 2nd wizard is working on the script for that now and then we'll get onto the 3rd once the 2nd is done.

We've removed a few scenes and that's why we're adding in some new ones and it also helps fill in a few time gaps."

BladeTurbo

May 4, 2021
Pretty sure this game is on Steam. So, if a one-time support works better for you, consider that. You will also get the added benefit of automatic free updates as they are made. (y)
yeah i made that mistake with Bad Memories and Sylphine. i would rather support (and do for many vn games) them via patreon. so that way if they decide not to update i don't have it in my library to remind me i got screwed out of the one time charge. its a mental thing :)

BladeTurbo

May 4, 2021
So this was the latest on progress couple weeks ago:

"Hey all,

It's been a while since I've done a progress report but in all honesty there hasn't been much to report one. Work on Emi took way longer than I would have liked which caused work on The Cabin to slow way more than I would have liked.

But both myself and Wizard and back on The Cabin and neither of us are working on anything else... well, almost nothing else

The rewrite for episode 2 of the cabin is pretty much done. We have decided to add a few new scenes. One of which is complete and the 2nd wizard is working on the script for that now and then we'll get onto the 3rd once the 2nd is done.

We've removed a few scenes and that's why we're adding in some new ones and it also helps fill in a few time gaps."
thanks for the update. maybe with the next release i will decide whether to sub or not.

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
I dont get with this type of DEVs, why start another with unfinished one!!!
Well to be fair they have been doing multiple projects at the same time the whole time of the development of The Cabin, as they are also heavily involved in the development of "Where the Heart Is".

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I dont get with this type of DEVs, why start another with unfinished one!!!
I get what you are saying, but the other game is now complete and on Steam. I imagine establishing a revenue source other than Patreon, will greatly help this Dev with their overall progress in the long run. It will also help to build a fan base once this game starts getting regular updates again. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Avenjq

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022

"Episode 2 of the rewrite is coming to a close. This took way longer than I expected but glad to finally be coming to a close. The good news at least is episode 3 shouldn't take as long and episode 4 will only need minor tweaks because Wizard wrote the 4th episode so obviously he won't need to rewrite it.

Also you might notice the patreon page is paused. It is going to remain paused until we get episode 5 out. I don't want to charge anybody for things they've already technically paid for. That being said, patreon seems to pause it at the start of the month so if ever we get to the middle of the month and you notice it's not paused, just send me a DM to remind me 'cause it's more than possible I'll forget :p

Also, the pinups for Lisa and Hazel are done, I just need to render them so expect those tomorrow & I'll be thinking up some xmas ones too but not sure which characters I want to use... I know I want to do Lisa, Hazel and Grace but I also want to do a couple non-game characters too... We'll see :p

Also, a quick message from Wizard++:

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize that we are a little behind schedule due to illness incapacitating me for nearly two weeks. But, that aside, the next update is right around the corner, and I am excited to hear everyone's feedback.

The new episode 2 will have some new excitement, both for new players, and those who have been following The Cabin since it's inception. I have one last major scene to write; which is an entirely new scene, not just a rework of a previously existing one.

It will bring some new spice and additional choices to the game. So I hope you're all looking forward to it, and it is my hope that we can have it finished and available for everyone by Christmas.

Cheers, and stay safe this holiday season,

- Wizards++"

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022

"Hey all,

First off, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. I hope you all got the socks and deodorant you didn't want ¬.¬

Just wanted to jump on real quick and give an update on episode 2 of the rewrite and also what to expect from episode 3 and 4. (Pretty sure I've told you guys about episode 3/4 before but I can't remember :p)

So, we originally wanted to get episode 2 out before christmas but sadly that isn't going to happen. The writing is finished but I still have a little more art to do. Now you might be thinking "Art? But this is a rewrite, why is there new art?" Well, it's because we've removed a few scenes and added in a few new ones.

I still have around 16 renders to do ( which I'll get done today ) and 1 scene to render ( which I'll render tonight ) and then all we need to do is check for any missing images/render fixes that might need doing, add sounds/music and add achievements for steam. So I think it's safe to say we'll for sure be done before the new year.

As for episode 3 and 4, like I've said in the past ( or I think I have :p ), episode 3 won't take long at all because we've no plans to add any new major scenes. The only really change that'll be happening that we currently have planned is Apurna will be removed and we'll likely be adding a new date in for Kaydence. And episode 4 was wrote by Wizzard++ so that one won't need a rewrite, it'll just be updated with new references to tie in with the new stuff in episodes 1-3.

I can also give you a rough estimate for what episode 2 consists of:
  • Around 20,000 words
  • Around 450 renders.
We don't have an accurate count yet as we're still adding little things in and touching areas up but that's a rough idea what to expect."

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
MrBaddingtonBear can you please share this when you get a chance?

Episode 2 of the rewrite is here. Lot of things have been changed, swapped around, removed and added in so it's pretty different to the original.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I doubt I will be able to get to this today, but I am curious...
Did the reason for Grace's drinking get revealed? And if so, is it the same as before or was that reworked?

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes