4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
So, the dev has another game he is working on? Well, it explains the slow progress, which is okay if the quality holds up.

Reactions: MalEl

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
any news about the next update ?
This was the latest free post on their Patreon page:

Hey guys,
Wanted to jump on and share a couple of links with you. Both games have been approved on steam and will be released as soon as they are ready.
I have a couple of links for you guys too add to your wishlists. Keep in mind that ALL patrons at the time of game releases will get a FREE key! That means you don't need to buy the game AND technically you wouldn't need to be a patron anyway if you don't want. You'd game game releases and updates via steam as soon as it's ready to go.
The first game is Emi - New Beginnings. This is going to be a smaller game, literally a one and done, although, we do have plans for a sequel game for it in the future. The game ( currently ) consists of 120 4K UHD renders and 5 4K UHD animations. That number does keep going up though so the game might end up being bigger than I first planned as Wizard keeps adding to it. Which is fine right, the bigger the better :p

Be sure to add it to your wishlist.
The second game is of course The Cabin. I was planning on just releasing the episode 1 re-write, however, Wizard and another dev convinced me it would be best to wait for a bigger release before doing so. To that end, The Cabin ep4 will be releases on steam when it is done. So be sure to go wishlist that too :p

And like I said. ALL patrons will get a steam key for each game when each is ready!
I don't want to give out estimated release dates just yet, but it's looking like Emi could be in October.
Since this dev's are also in the team for Where the heart is, which is currently finishing a big update, I don't expect an update/the game revamp here soon.

Reactions: Outrider and Alteni

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
This was the latest free post on their Patreon page:

Since this dev's are also in the team for Where the heart is, which is currently finishing a big update, I don't expect an update/the game revamp here soon.
I'm far more interested in ' should I take house and money or bang everyone' than in this revamp project what stopped just when things were about to get interesting and send us back to the beginning and since May still nothing. So,thumbs up for Where the heart is, every time.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
What is going on with this game? It says ep 4 here but steam page just has ep 1?
Also been quite a while since last update. Is this one of them that is fine but gets an unnecessary rework to justify so much time between updates?
Steam page makes no mention of family, but this seems to be an incest game with no patch. Is there a relationship naming tool? :unsure:
Looks great so I Wish listed it, but it seems to have very little content, even for Early Access on Steam.

• Angry
Reactions: hawk784563

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
What is going on with this game? It says ep 4 here but steam page just has ep 1?
Also been quite a while since last update. Is this one of them that is fine but gets an unnecessary rework to justify so much time between updates?
Steam page makes no mention of family, but this seems to be an incest game with no patch. Is there a relationship naming tool? :unsure:
Looks great so I Wish listed it, but it seems to have very little content, even for Early Access on Steam.
It is in rewriting stage at the moment as the previous writer and the dev kinda "effed up" with some things earlier, so basically the whole game needs to be now rewritten by the new writer so that the things they made for Ep5 would make sense from the very get go and the game would become more like the dev wants it to be. Ep1 is the first rewritten episode and thus way is also released on Steam, Episodes 2, 3 and 4 still needs to be rewritten before the Ep5 is released and before those other rewritten episodes are also released on Steam. The dev is also making another game called "Emi", that is a smaller side game that has now grown little bit bigger than what the dev originally had planned, so that has probably taken some time too. Also the devs of this game are involved with the development of the game Where The Heart Is, which is also taking some time from them creating this one. In what state the rewriting of the earlier episodes now currently is isn't known by others than the devs. Last thing said about The Cabin was about a week ago: "The cabin has also had some changes and a few things will be changing in that too. Most notably there will be a few additional scenes being added into episodes 2 and 3. While playing those episodes you probably noticed some sizeable time gaps so we want to fill those in a little with some additional content. I also want to try and change things so the player ( you ) doesn't learn any new information without the mc learning about it too. I think that's something that always confused a lot of people, you yourself knew some things but the mc was acting like he had no idea."

Regarding the incest, at least in the version that is available here in F95 at the beginning of the game there is a segment where you can change the names of the girls if you want and set the relations to...well, incest set up. It says on their Patreon page "Stay tuned for...The Cabin - Summer Vacation! (visit the f95 development thread for an uncensored version of that!)", but I have no clue if that feature is involved in the Steam version. I would believe it is, but obviously they can't really advertise it as it would break the ToS.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The rewrites so far center around the mom's lack of likeability. At least for some of us.
I'm looking forward to how they address this in their latest rewrite.

Reactions: Bloodguard

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
The rewrites so far center around the mom's lack of likeability. At least for some of us.
I'm looking forward to how they address this in their latest rewrite.
But what's wrong with mom? Her behavior is consistent with the fact that the person has problems, but I didn't see anything repulsive. The image of the super affectionate mom(if such changes are intended) is much more banal.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
But what's wrong with mom? Her behavior is consistent with the fact that the person has problems, but I didn't see anything repulsive. The image of the super affectionate mom(if such changes are intended) is much more banal.
I'll leave it up to you to go back and read the comments if you'd like.
There have been several changes made, starting with them taking out the scene where she slaps the MC in a drunken rage.

Oh she is a bitch, but trust me, she has her reasons and once we find out what they are, we'll see her in a whole new light.
For me at least, I see nothing that justified her treating her kids like shit the way she did. They did nothing wrong. And that the MC simply forgave her and they all moved on made me wonder why they even wrote her as an abusive drunk in the first place.

Last edited:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I'll leave it up to you to go back and read the comments if you'd like.
There have been several changes made, starting with them taking out the scene where she slaps the MC in a drunken rage.
hmm, well, I see... Well, it could be a good improvement. It would be interesting if she smoked weed instead of drinking. I haven't seen moms like that in games yet, but drinking wine is all the time.

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
For me at least, I see nothing that justified her treating her kids like shit the way she did. They did nothing wrong. And that the MC simply forgave her and they all moved on made me wonder why they even wrote her as an abusive drunk in the first place.
I mean that's how the life works, it's psychological. When you are being abused by someone, you can very well become abusive and toxic yourself through that. MC simply forgiving her was surely cheesy writing, but also was kind of "MC is the bigger person here" kind of rope after he heard the reason why the mother behaved like she did. If we start to go philosophical branch here, sure, we can probably all agree that morally nothing justifies that kind of actions, but then psychologically looking it's very well understandable way of acting for the victims of abuse, what the mother was.

Not to say that it couldn't be executed in a better way. Although at the same time I do say that it's a real shame if her backstory gets revamped way too much from what it was, because honestly speaking, she is one of the only few mother characters in these games who actually has a proper backstory for her character, other than the lame same old "pent up wife who is married to working hubby who doesn't give her attention so she decides to jump on her son's dick" branch that is used in 9 out of 10 of these games.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I mean that's how the life works, it's psychological. When you are being abused by someone, you can very well become abusive and toxic yourself through that. MC simply forgiving her was surely cheesy writing, but also was kind of "MC is the bigger person here" kind of rope after he heard the reason why the mother behaved like she did. If we start to go philosophical branch here, sure, we can probably all agree that morally nothing justifies that kind of actions, but then psychologically looking it's very well understandable way of acting for the victims of abuse, what the mother was.

Not to say that it couldn't be executed in a better way. Although at the same time I do say that it's a real shame if her backstory gets revamped way too much from what it was, because honestly speaking, she is one of the only few mother characters in these games who actually has a proper backstory for her character, other than the lame same old "pent up wife who is married to working hubby who doesn't give her attention so she decides to jump on her son's dick" branch that is used in 9 out of 10 of these games.
Let me start with the fact that I really liked the story in the beginning, which is why I have stuck with it this long. Plus, the graphics are top tier.
The fact that she was a damaged character made her interesting. I wanted to know why she was a drunken bitch who took it out on her kids. For me, after all the fanfare of a promised epic reveal fizzled, we were left with an explanation that came across as hollow. I have no problem with the MC forgiving her, but show the mom earning that forgiveness. Not simply 'and now the MC forgives her so we can move on to what this story is really about'.
I hope that makes sense. :)
The fact that they are rewriting once again suggest that I am not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited:

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Let me start with the fact that I really liked the story in the beginning, which is why I have stuck with it this long. Plus, the graphics are top tier.
The fact that she was a damaged character made her interesting. I wanted to know why she was a drunken bitch who took it out on her kids. For me, after all the fanfare of a promised epic reveal fizzled, we were left with an explanation that came across as hollow. I have no problem with the MC forgiving her, but show the mom earning that forgiveness. Not simply 'and now the MC forgives her so we can move on to what this story is really about'.
I hope that makes sense. :)
Yes, this take does make much more sense than the initial comments that gave the impression that you didn't like the mother's character because of it's arc and the reasoning behind it. Reflecting it to MC's reaction and actions, we agree, it could've been better. And that's what I hope is the changed thing instead of completely rewriting the mothers arc.

Reactions: clowns234
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes