4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I was just recommended this game so decided to check it out... WOW... this is a hidden gem. I love a good story, and this has it. Love all the emotions the story evokes, from good humour to some very touching moments etc... VERY well done! I love the slower pace of this as well, with a slow discovery of their feelings etc... definitely one of my new favorites anyhow.

And yeah, the horror vibe is a new direction I haven't seen in any novels I played thus far, but it is interesting the way it is implemented.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Just played this through. Excellent! Really nice renders, beautiful characters, sympathetic and believable MC, good combination of slow burn with main characters but early action with side characters, well written dialogue and good pacing. Lacking: well, not much actually. There was atleast one instance that teased the possibillity of a peeing scene (a dialogue between MC and Anapurna) but MC unfortunately shut it down quickly. An optional there would have been great for a perv like me, but I know it's not for everyone. Apart from that this is heading in a great direction. Keep up the good work dev!

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey guys.

It's been a hot minute since the last report so I wanted to jump on and give an update.

As I said in the last report, we're working on rewriting some of the earlier episodes. The reason for this is there was a lot of feedback that we want to take into consideration and we want to bring it up to a higher standard. We want to update that older content to match the new writers style.

On top of that, something I'm sure you've all noticed, is characters in the ealier episodes lacked personality and I kind of feel like it was just a little clunky so Wiz is now working on bringing those characters to life.

Another thing that always annoyed me but for some reason I kept on doing is the player finding out information without the mc being present. It gave off a multi-protag feel and I wasn't a fan and yet I couldn't stop myself from doing it xD

Episode 1 part 1 and part 2 are complete, we plan on finishing part 3 and then we'll be releasing it.

While Wiz is working on the rewrite though, I'll be working on episode 5 that has already been written. We'll also be seeing a lot more options from this.

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020

Hey guys.

It's been a hot minute since the last report so I wanted to jump on and give an update.

As I said in the last report, we're working on rewriting some of the earlier episodes. The reason for this is there was a lot of feedback that we want to take into consideration and we want to bring it up to a higher standard. We want to update that older content to match the new writers style.

On top of that, something I'm sure you've all noticed, is characters in the ealier episodes lacked personality and I kind of feel like it was just a little clunky so Wiz is now working on bringing those characters to life.

Another thing that always annoyed me but for some reason I kept on doing is the player finding out information without the mc being present. It gave off a multi-protag feel and I wasn't a fan and yet I couldn't stop myself from doing it xD

Episode 1 part 1 and part 2 are complete, we plan on finishing part 3 and then we'll be releasing it.

While Wiz is working on the rewrite though, I'll be working on episode 5 that has already been written. We'll also be seeing a lot more options from this.
My friends, I don't understand, does that mean we have to start the game from the beginning?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Hey guys.

I look forward to the rework as there are so many things I like about this story, but a few things I don't.

madrid3423

Nov 21, 2017
I think this is the right approach, continue moving on with new episodes while reworking on old episode, that way story still moves forward. I think it's similar way to "Shut up and dance", which is working flawlessly.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Hey guys.It's been a hot minute since the last report so I wanted to jump on and give an update. As I said in the last report, we're working
Keep up the good work. I absolutely loved what I have seen so far.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I really like this game. I like slow burn games to begin with. The main love interests are all really pretty, you get the "milfs", you get the cute and sweet sister... every main character is extremely well designed. The slice of life story mixed with some overarching mystery/horror plot about cannibals also works surprisingly well so far. But the horror plot should never become too dominant, this needs a focus on the family.

In my opinion the game could have been perfect if instead of the two random flings that spread the legs for the MC at the first opportunity the aunt would have been the more approachable character with more teasing early on and somewhat more steamy scenes with her. I generally feel that a game where not all love interests are created equal - and this game is ONLY about the mom, the sister and the aunt in my opinion - should have one main cast member be less of a slow burn. IF you are concerned people may get impatient because there's no action. Or introduce a proper non family love interest with more scenes overall, but here you have almost all scenes with either the mother, the sister or the aunt. There's only one interaction with April in comparison, for example. So it's blatantly obvious who the actual love interests are in this game.

About the mom... I like her backstory, it's something you don't see in every other VN. I can understand why some may not like her backstory, she did an immoral thing, but I can understand her reasoning and I think no less of her. And that's always the biggest plus of any VN... interactions with the main characters are well written, and at least I find the entire main cast very likable, even the mom. No bitchy or annoying sister here... no mom who has secretly been lusting after her son for years... always a big plus!

My hopes for the future... the aunt comes around first and provides some more steamy action sooner than later... no more random (or new) flings with random characters that don't matter (I rejected them both anyway) and mom and sister can be the slow burns, but don't overstretch things with them either. Sex with them should not be the endgame.

The Cabin absolutely has the potential to be great.

One last thing: if the MC doesn't tell his family about the creepy encounter in the woods when April was snatched first thing in episode 5 it will be a major plot hole and annoyance. No one, literally no one would fail to mention that to people he loves and cares about. If the MC withholding facts results in any of the main cast to get in trouble... it would kind of ruin the entire game, because absurd stupidity should not be a plot element. And no "I didn't want to scare you, I wanted you to enjoy your vacation" excuse either. The MC MUST tell his mom, aunt and sis about the potential murderer/cannibal in the woods.

Reactions: deimos25

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
In my opinion from the main girls Hazel already has provided most of the steamy action out of them three, leaving Grace and Lisa far behind. She dresses more revealing than them and doesn't really care if mc stares, hell she even teases him for it, mc gets a peek under her towel, gets either the kiss at the arcade, fashion show at her bedroom where she gets aroused and teases mc or the skinny dipping at the pool where she rubs herself against the mc. So obviously she is going to be the "easiest" one out of the three main ones.

"The easy fling" sex scenes at this point of the game I much more see as developers way to show what kind of animations he is capable of doing. But of course as "throwing the bone out there" too, even though they have said that this is not only about sex, but more about the story in general.

Reactions: Balu83 and Geralt_R

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Well, as long as there is always a choice and you can reject everything random flings are ok. But still I wish we'd had gotten that "tech demo" with Hazel maybe... ;) But of course she can't be TOO easy... I think her progression is more or less fast enough, given how short the overall game still is, flashing, kissing/skinny dipping etc is already quite some progress after just a few short days at the cabin. I am certain she'll go all in with the MC first. And story driven games with romance are my preferred genre, the interactions are usually a lot more meaningful.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
You can reject women in this game and choose not to pursue them. so romance choices do matter. Story itself is linear of course. So far there are five potential love interests. The mother, the sister and the aunt are the main characters with a majority of the scenes. You can engage with two other women on the side so far, but they are inconsequential, there are very few scenes with either of them, it's all about the sex here. There's also a dream sequence featuring a highschool teacher. Chances are a few more love interests will be added, like the friend of one of the sidecharacters. But the game is very much about the mother, aunt and sister.

Reactions: SantiPe

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022

Hey guys.

Wanted to jump on with a quick character poll and a little update on the game.

I'll start with the little update. As you guys knows. the game is going through a rewrite at the moment. Both myself and the previous writer kinda fucked parts of the game up and the new writer, Wizard has come up with some great ideas and that's why we're doing the rewrite. Some people have been wondering if you'll need to start a new game and the answer is yes. We're not just rewriting the game, we're also adding in new scenes and filling in some time gaps. I know not everyone will be happy with this but I feel like it is something we need to do. We're not just working on the rewrite though. We're also working on ep5 as we go. That being said. Ep5 won't be playable until the whole rewrite is done because ep5 has some things that'll only make sense with the rewrite... This could mean it'll take some time for a release and I understand if you want to cancel your pledge until such a time as the release is available.

Ep1 of the rewrite will be available either this month or the start of September. We plan to release it on steam too.
Additionally. If you do plan on dropping your pledge then please DM me first and I'll add you onto a mailing list. That way when Ep5 is ready for release I'll send you the download.

Now onto the character poll. As some of you know, I like to dabble a little with Daz in my spare time and I'm currently working on a mini game. Keep in mind, this game in no way interfeares with The Cabin. Often when working on The Cabin for hours on end I get bored and need a break from the characters so I take an hour or 2 to work on something new, mostly to try and improve my art.

The love interest for this mini game is called Summer. After showing her to a few people they've all said they'd love to see her in The Cabin so that's what this poll is for. Do you want to see her in the cabin or keep her in the side game? I should note though, if she does come into The Cabin, her name will be Emi and the mini game will be changed so that she fits in as a side story for The Cabin.

Also, if she does join The Cabin, then the mini game will have a 2nd game further down the line where Emi is the main LI.

I just noticed I didn't say who Emi would be. Emi is Hazels Daughter.

At the moment, the poll has 26 votes in total and 88% of the votes have been given for the option "Yes, use her in The Cabin!" with 12% of the votes given for "No! Keep her just in the mini game!" option.

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes