4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
I got a little lost here, how should I download this game? It has a link for the 4 versions, and one for version 4.
Do I have to download files 1-4 and then that 4 and replace?
If the 4 parts are already rewritten, why aren't they in a single file?

Reactions: ArcFlight

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Sure, although the $5 tier says you get access to the game, $1 gets access too, just a few hours after the other tiers. In terms of lifetime support, that's just how Patreon works; it's not like developers can set a lifetime dollar amount and anybody who reaches that then never has to pay again; not only would that be financially devastating, it just wouldn't be practical. This is also a reason I personally prefer Steam: it's a one-time payment, and you get lifetime updates for any game, but most moochers wouldn't even pay the $1.99 if they knew they'd be getting life-time updates.

And what I mean by people being moochers, is people who come on here, get the game for free, yet still feel entitled enough to dictate how the game should be made and how things should be run.

Like I said above, though, that doesn't mean people on here don't serve a purpose. I love hearing feedback from people here; just don't expect me to bend my arm and change the game to something you want for free.

EDIT: Oh, I also should note that I also just had Patreon paused for 9 months while we worked on the rewrite, so I wasn't mooching off people, even though we were working on the game. We also gave Emi - New Beginnings to patreons for free.
How do we look it up on Steam? I typed in The Cabin Summer Vacation, and it doesn't find it. Thanks!

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
How do we look it up on Steam? I typed in The Cabin Summer Vacation, and it doesn't find it. Thanks!
In my Steam library it is listed as "The Cabin - Summer Vacation" typing in "the cabin" on the store page brings it up - do you have any filters active that would stop AVNs from being shown?

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
In my Steam library it is listed as "The Cabin - Summer Vacation" typing in "the cabin" on the store page brings it up - do you have any filters active that would stop AVNs from being shown?
Yeah. I Googled it. Had to check-mark all of the ones to allow AVN's to appear. It showed up as the first one after doing that. Thanks for the help! Got it DLing now.
Now. How do you update them in it. Does it tell you when there is an update? Or do you have to manually look for it? Or does it automatically update? I'm new to using Steam, so I don't know. Thanks!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
One last question about the Steam version. Does it have the WT Mod? Or is there a way to add a WT Mod to it? I mean, I can play it without it, but I do like how it gives the best choices.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Yeah. I Googled it. Had to check-mark all of the ones to allow AVN's to appear. It showed up as the first one after doing that. Thanks for the help! Got it DLing now.
Now. How do you update them in it. Does it tell you when there is an update? Or do you have to manually look for it? Or does it automatically update? I'm new to using Steam, so I don't know. Thanks!
Go to your library page and Right-Click on the game name (list of games on the left side of page) them select "properties" then "downlads" you can then set auto or manual downloads.

Reactions: Talmadge

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Go to your library page and Right-Click on the game name (list of games on the left side of page) them select "properties" then "downlads" you can then set auto or manual downloads.
Thanks! I'll still DL it here as well, but I like I can help the Dev in some way without breaking the bank by paying a monthly subscription.

robert ash

Jun 23, 2018
Hi loves !

From yours truly, an upscaled 1440p QHD version of the visual novel The Cabin - Summer Vacation as a show of artistic support and for your enjoyment :)

This is not a native
1440p QHD game so, mind your steps :HideThePain:

Do let me know of your thoughts or if you stumble upon any errors or artifacts on my part.
My ADHD ass and I will try our best to fix it :)

The Cabin - Summer Vacation [Ep. 4] :)

Changelog --->

1. [v0.4] ~1,640 1080p renders to 1440p.
2. Intro video - 1080p 30fps to 1440p 60fps.

Here are the links to my 1440p QHD version ->

Win/Linux 1440p QHD version -------------------------------------------------------->

MEGA - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Win/Linux (1.4 GB)

Workupload - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Win/Linux (1.4 GB)

Pixeldrain - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Win/Linux (1.4 GB)

Anonfiles - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Win/Linux (1.4 GB)

Gofile - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Win/Linux (1.4 GB)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Mac
1440p QHD version - Untested ----------------------------------------------------->

MEGA - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Mac (1.3 GB)

Workupload - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Mac (1.3 GB)

Pixeldrain - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Mac (1.3 GB)

Anonfiles - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Mac (1.3 GB)

Gofile - The Cabin - Summer Vacation 1440p QHD [Ep. 4] Mac (1.3 GB)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

With the obvious pros and cons of upscaling images and videos the following content has been processed and optimized multiple times for the optimal viewing experience without compromising much of the visually creative and artistic aspects of the project as intended by the developer(s) of said project. Some important visual details such as hair texture,hair strand separation, hair shine, skin texture, freckles, skin bumps, pores, subsurface scattering and obvious details in the base character models and their textures may or may not become smoothed out or accentuated in the process of upscaling and basic post processing, taking into account factors such as viewing angles, depth of field effects, various types of image noise, scene lighting and certain artifacts caused during the workflow.

Any attempt to further compress the provided content may lead to visible image degradation when viewed at higher resolutions by the sensitive eye, but negligible at lower resolutions in which case I suggest you enjoy the official release if you do not have the need to, the time to, or the internet bandwith to download large files.

The included unofficial version may get disabled, deleted or updated.

Support your artists (y) .. Thank you for stopping by & hope ya'll enjoy ! .. Take care and stay safe !

Kisses !

Britt
Sorry to be dense. Can't see the dl link!

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
I mean, we kind of need to start a new game so we can afford to keep making games since, oddly enough, people mooching on here actually doesn't fund developers in any way.

This site is the most reliable place to find VNs. Even tho people mooch here there are also alot of us who support devs as well. Hard to quantify if it harming you to get exposure here or not. I personally donate monthly to 6 different projects that I have found only thru this site .

Keep up the good work, enjoying your project!

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
Do you guys know a game similar to this? The MC and his mother goes to a cabin and meets a mysterious guy who seems helpful and kind. It wasn't an NTR game but people were saying that the mother would date the guy if the MC didn't romance the mother.

Reactions: rudy007

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Do you guys know a game similar to this? The MC and his mother goes to a cabin and meets a mysterious guy who seems helpful and kind. It wasn't an NTR game but people were saying that the mother would date the guy if the MC didn't romance the mother.
Back to the cabin? maybe

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Oh damn sad that it got abandoned.
After so many good games were abandoned/on hold/very lazy developers who manage to make 20 minuts of gameplay per year, abandoned isn't so bad tag. At least you know it's over. Some come back after that, but people usually ignore it or just don't want to continue because they know how this developer work (or don't work)...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I would also note, it is currently pointless playing the new release, we've found a pretty major issue with it and will be putting out a fix tomorrow.
Will await my Steam queue for it then :D

One last question about the Steam version. Does it have the WT Mod? Or is there a way to add a WT Mod to it? I mean, I can play it without it, but I do like how it gives the best choices.
Use the one in the OP if it gets updated...it's the same as getting it here, just dorp in game folder, but read above about this version being bugged and pointless playing...

Reactions: Talmadge
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes