Others Abandoned The Casting Couch [v1.11a] [Hentami]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes
U

User_17502

Yeah I just couldn't get through that first bit. The awkward sound and blend of real videos with renders threw me off. Maybe I will try it again later but for now its just not my thing.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
There are 2 branches currently, win7 and win8+ - stats would not transfer between those 2 builds sadly.

- 100% correct on that "couch scene" There is nothing else there yet. Eventually achievements, but not ready.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
The 'windows7' version has no 'real videos' - so check that one in the future ;) On the good feedback note, the real video section is going to be a seperate place and not interfere with main story - so it will be a choice. Woho feedback!

As for 'awkward sound' - rather vague.. but I think meaning the overdubs don't line up with the text. Sadly, was my first scene I ever made and I do need to go back and fix that! If you meant something else, specifics help me improve greatly.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Would you mind testing/checking if this upload meets the requirements you mean with version#? (WIN8+)

changing the zip file name doenst work well for me as I use dropbox for every download site but here.

(ps the version # is always in the patchnotes, which I'm just used to..)

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
I completely changed new player experience with your feedback.

If you have the time or desire, I'd love your feedback on this enhanced version taking many considerations of the flow of a player starting a new game and if this addressed some of your concerns. (if no time - or desire - still many thanks for the motivation! I feel an improvement!)

windows7 - enhanced testing intro gameplay

Reactions: Heisemberg

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I played the Win7 version on Wine, and had no problems. However, I did think the game was buggy (to be expected) and grindy (especially early on, before you get the quest fame). I would like to see an action limit of 5 or so per day, and an 8x increase in most progression stats (though I realize that doesn't play nice with the social/editing system). Also, the VA sound levels were very inconsistent.

Reactions: Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you very much for the specific feedback! Hope to improve all those issues, completely re-balance the grind for the first chapter at least almost completely finished. Great ideas!

That quest should have a quest icon for the 'stripclub' - check in the VIP area ;)

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
The reason I ask about the CGs is because I have a mac and I at least want to experience the game in some fashion.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
With deepest apologies I dont see any way in the immediate future to make this mac compatible.. BUT! I am slowly working on the HTML5 version, which of course you could use!

Reactions: phreakinowski

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
All public builds have been converted to windows7+ for compatibility

improved testing:
  • F12 = move quest step forward
  • F11 = move quest step back
Note: You cannot increase your quest step beyond the max quest step you have completed. You should not receive "bonus fame" for re-doing quests.

This, I hope - gives everyone a chance to test out new features added to previous quests, while not losing your current quest step progress - so win win! When you logout, your max quest step reached is re-saved no matter where you are in the quest line.

If you are a previous windows7 build user and want to keep your previous progress, you will need to copy the castingcouchdata.txt from AppData\Local\casting_couch_win_7 into AppData\Local\casting_couch and overwrite the file there. All future builds will use this saving location. Apologies for inconvenience.

With Love - Hentami <3

Reactions: UncleVT

mio46

Mar 30, 2018
ask again
How can I complete my mission MR. Dots,
after i go to stripclub, then i go into peekvip and i see and then i fight with mr.dots,
then i lost and pops up on screen I AM BITCH

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
If you 'sleep' at home, it resets that "banned" quest and you can try again (or restart game if thats easier) - in the fight, just click the mouse when the big circle is green - takes 5 times or so and you can click more then once when its green.

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
is this 1.10 or 1.09

Updated
: 01-Jul-2018
Developer: -
Version: v1.9
Language: English

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Patchnotes says 1.09 when you read it changes from 1.10 are aso there.

Maverick43

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,
Problem in Downtown. Not enable to exit from "Tattoos" in Westside and/or to exit from "Minimart" in Eastside!
Where is "Cleaner"?

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,
Problem in Downtown. Not enable to exit from "Tattoos" in Westside and/or to exit from "Minimart" in Eastside!
Where is "Cleaner"?
Same here. Went East Side a few times. Went into Blue's Tattoos and BAM. Can't exit. Stuck right there. One can ask if blue is in, or say that you were just looking. Both buttons leads into a loop where the player cant exit from.

Gloub

Oct 8, 2017
Same here. Went East Side a few times. Went into Blue's Tattoos and BAM. Can't exit. Stuck right there. One can ask if blue is in, or say that you were just looking. Both buttons leads into a loop where the player cant exit from.

Same problem here :) stuck in a tatoo shop or in a mini mart forever,
Unless I close the window and restart the game, but then the quest is to restart also at the beginning at your sister dorm

Would you mind testing/checking if this upload meets the requirements you mean with version#? (WIN8+)

changing the zip file name doenst work well for me as I use dropbox for every download site but here.

(ps the version # is always in the patchnotes, which I'm just used to..)
I tried this version just after the one wich is on the first post (I play on win 10)
the vidéo on the computer is indeed playing but I saw no other changes

Appart of this the game look promising and fun, but maybe a little unballanced, you can improve your stats very easily and the money too after some days, but to gain the affection from Maid and Receptionnist (will they have names in the future ?) it's gonna be a gift a day for 100 day (from my calculations, I might be wrong)

also I tried the F12 thing to pass quest (cause I had to make them multiple times, see below), didn't work :)

Looking forward the next update

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes