Others Abandoned The Casting Couch [v1.11a] [Hentami]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Daywalker008

Sep 29, 2017
Is it normal that the job level after restarting the game again falls to about 100% and you have to work more to increase the job level?

and where / when do I find the groupie?

thank you guys

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Fair enough! Due to the game being custom crafted, I create game breaking bugs - alot! Thank you for the bug, fixed in next update. Going to add better tutorial/tips from that feedback. Best of luck out there!

Thank you for that feedback! Hmm.. since the game has online capability, I think I will add a code I can switch on and off at first and make 'cheat day events' when more content is in ;)

Well sneaky sneaky! I had no idea. Anyone who puts in that effort deserves it then ;) Sadly - you have completed that max step available for that questline =( More updates soon!

Groupie is just a random event when you travel. Just travel the map 4 times or so. I will check into that job level issue - could be a problem, thank you for report!

nabucco

Apr 15, 2018
I just tried running the game using wine, but I only get a black screen. Sound plays, and the interface seems to respond to mouse clicks, but I see just a black window. Does anyone have the same issue?

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
My only suggestion is to see if the version when you click escape is the win7.

Blue is not attainable until this weekend - soon!

khim0979

Apr 10, 2018
This is one of those games so absurdly dull I doubt its dev completed a full playthrough without boosted stats.

Full walkthrough (after the first scene) :
1) go to the bar, click jobs,
2) accept the job, click the potion around 15 times
3) Repeat step 2 until you have 500$.
4) go to your office, buy perfume.
5) go to the college, meet your sister in the dorm, talk to her until giving her perfume, follow story
6) Go to spa, to the gym part.
7) click on workout, click the weights around 25 times
8) Repeat step 7 until you can pass step 9.
9) go to the striptease club, beat the manager.
10) go to the college, meet your sister in the library, follow story.
11) Go back to the library, click on read
12) Repeat step 11 until you have 5 knowledge (gain is not automatic)
13) Go the classes in college, meet the girl
14) Go to the hospital, psych section, meet the woman
15) Go to the hostel, explore until moving crates for the maid.
16) Sleep
17) Go the hostel, rent the room.
18) Congratz, you finished the story.
Now there are 4 unlockable scenes:
- 2 at 1k fame
- 1 at 2k fame
- 1 at 3k fame.
To gain 3k fame :
i) go to the bar, job bartender until you have around 750$
ii) Go to the grill section in hostel, bribe 75$, earn 25 fame.
iii) Repeat step ii until you have the desired fame (around 100 times).

You can earn some additional fame with clicks on your phone, it's not worth much but it can distract you during the mindless clicking sessions. Recruit an assistant to speed it up, and you need to sleep to reset the timers.
You can also click on the timer in the bottom right of the screen when it finishes to gain a meager amount of money and fame but since it restarts the timer, making you more aware of how much time you're spending clicking those things, I'm not sure it's advisable.

You can now see additional scenes in your office, and another weird scene in the striptease club.
There are also 2 scenes with the maid (massage + dream sequence), and a few things in the SPA.
Getting attraction on either the assistant or the maid is useless but you can grind it if you feel so inclined.

The number of scenes is not bad all things considered, but the game design is horrendous.
i did not found the cleaner in the highrise..
i search everywhere too..
stuck to here..

Reactions: Maericke

sanmal

Jul 30, 2017
megaup.net - slow
nofile - can damage file
mega.nz - use double disc space

use workupload.com too, please

Reactions: Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Cleaner / highrise release very soon! Sorry for wait.
Will add that on next update!

Reactions: neodtst and sanmal

VL0rD

Oct 29, 2016
how ? i dont cheat...
are you trying how to cheat?? i didnt get you!!
anyways for money just scan with cheat engine with value type as double and change it.. or you can just increase the speed of the game using cheat engine and repeatedly grind

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Would you mind testing/checking if this upload meets the requirements you mean with version#? (WIN8+)

changing the zip file name doenst work well for me as I use dropbox for every download site but here.

(ps the version # is always in the patchnotes, which I'm just used to..)
Sorry for the late reply! I was very busy the last two weeks.
For the last two updates: I think it's ok if you find some hint for the Version-Number inside of the archive. So you can check at least after the download.
Didn't play the last two versions yet (maybe this WE) just opened the 1.9 (liked the new look so far). Further Feedback probably will come on Sunday or Monday.

Reactions: Hentami

kenzikenzi

Sep 30, 2017
are you trying how to cheat?? i didnt get you!!
anyways for money just scan with cheat engine with value type as double and change it.. or you can just increase the speed of the game using cheat engine and repeatedly grind
for money just scan with cheat engine with value type as double and change it.. or you can just increase the speed of the game using cheat engine and repeatedly grind
me stay dont understand what me type to get money

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Thanks Logan! Another update soon, wait for that one ;)
Im trying to rename the zip files now to help with versions, hope it helps!

if you type in 'f95' when you open the 'cheats' in the 'phone' (bottom left) that gives you money if under 100$.
As for cheat engine stuff, I have no idea but I am sure there is if you search the forums threads on how to use such things.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017

Apologies on your experience, but no bugs listed.

There is no multiple save files as you saw. However, You can rename your company. You can reset quests. If there truly is a desire to completely wipe out all progress and start over? I could add that, but I think there is no point...

Money is very easy to get (and added a MUCH better tutorial in next update with in game notice how to do so!) - I think this was your problem, not knowing you could easily fix spending that money. (and the extra money was a failsafe that worked, always bounced money up to 100 if below - worked perfect)

So not a single bug there... No multiple save is intentional. Working as intended!

On the great note, love your name ;)
~Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017

I think you are comparing the game to the vast majority of renpy games on here - this is not renpy, it is original.

There is no restart, and the money going back to 100 is a failsafe. This all worked correctly and as intended just not the way all renpy clones work which seems to be what you expected.

To elucidate further, I feel unless a game has multiple endings, having 'save' files is an archaic outdated idea. My game has no ending, it is open world with a linear main story so again there (is currently) zero reason to have a "new game".

So no offense back, we are just looking at this from completely opposite ends. Zero Bugs listed by your experience. Working as intended. Just not working as you expect or work (standard renpy clone way) - and that, I'll agree with!

As listed in this forum post - the save file is in "AppData\Local\casting_couch" which you could delete for a fresh start - or delete to remove all memory of your experience ;)

Truly, Thank you for your time to respond however, I will not be adding any restart option at this time for the reasons stated above.

All my best to you! May I highly suggest - asl3dpros game, wicked choices! Has all the save files you want plus one of the best story experiences I've had.

~HET

Reactions: UncleVT
2.80 star(s) 6 Votes