Others Abandoned The Casting Couch [v1.11a] [Hentami]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Sujatus

Oct 16, 2017
Maybe its trivial problem, but i really need help :(
Where can i find Sister after beating Palmer??
THX for answer :)

Reactions: Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Not implemented yet. Very soon tho!

U

User_32285

Well seems I am not the only one having issues.. and why would people say it might me a datacoinerminer.. Where do you base that assumption upon
Probably because it was using so much of pc resources, but not anymore.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
For the crash log "Unable to find the entry point 'MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager' in the DLL 'Mfplat.dll'", the function requires as minimum support Windows 8 and higher; so if you have Windows 7, now you know the reason for the error.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
@ long since been fixed, a little behind the topic ;)

@ absolutely correct as stated I hope I already mentioned in this thread.. There is a WIN7 version in the works, but will be a little bit yet till I figure out best way to have 2 versions.

@ With deep apologies MAC support is not in the immediate future. Once fully released I will find a way to borrow one and get that completed!

U

User_32285

@ long since been fixed, a little behind the topic ;)
I know, I know, I was answering stronkie´s Question (I will change it to make more sense)

XxJakeBluesxx

Mar 11, 2018
How this f*cking fight system works? How i can beat my sisters boyfriend in the stripclup?

Fuck it, i deleted this shitty game.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
Next Audition audio preview -

1.6 update

*Would be happy to add more info on how to 'beat' the stripclub fight, but as I have it say 'click mouse when circle is green' not sure what else to add, as that is exactly all you do. But if think of better words, happy to use them! I should (and will add) if you lose, you need to sleep it off to reset fight. That is unclear as is. Thanks!

*Yes, I need to get a custom map. Agreed!

*Someone was very kind and added a ton of download links but.. yowsa, I only updated first 3 for now.

Next Casting Girl - cuming soon!
cc_aud_3.png

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I tried this game...and I really wanted to like it. It's a great concept. Visuals are decent. But the real problem is the gameplay. While i understand grinding for stats is a big part of these types of games, this one take it way too far.

3-4 minutes for each social media (fb, twitter, insta) update?
3-4 minutes to edit videos?

So just to build stats (fame) for the day, you're looking at 12-16 minutes of waiting...which totally takes you out of the game. That seems a lot like work...which is something I am trying to avoid when playing a game.

Fighting system is way too difficult for this type of game. If I wanted to spend my time fighting, I'd play Mortal Kombat or something. Fighting in these games is better as a series of choices (block, kick, punch) than actually moving the mouse and timing it while it's green.

I'll pass on this until some of these issues are addressed.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
@ Thanks for the Feedback!

Getting a 'receptionist' halves all that social media time in half (so that would be 6 mins) (easier to turn down then up - maybe it need to be more then this) This is mentioned in game.. but perhaps needs to be more readily told so to give a headsup it gets better.

On the grinding note - you gain everything while 'not' playing, which should help as well. (But never seen a VN with this so that is not readily apparent either.. and I should add something that really says this happens)

A loyalty bonus is available every 10 mins from that folder in the lower right corner - also no idea anyone would know what it does until click on it - bad me and will add a way to know what it does.

Fighting system feedback truly appreciated! I will slow down the circle speed, which should lower the challenge as a few people seem to have had a tough time on it.

Much appreciated on giving specific and helpful feedback, thank you kindly and hope to see you in the future!

Reactions: Papa Ernie

m3lee

Aug 27, 2017
Well... great concept with nice art...

but the execution really isn't fun right now. Even after reading your post about the folder and the receptionist (these really need to be made more clear in game), the wait time just to get fame takes FOREVER. You sit there doing nothing until it goes up... which might even be more boring than actually grinding it out. :/

Am I missing something that wasn't made explicitly clear or is it meant to take this excruciatingly long?

Just trying to provide constructive criticism is all. Good luck with the game!

neodtst

Apr 4, 2017
okie... i got a silly question , i did a search on the thread , and it say the game auto save on exit .. urm I can't find any official way to exit the game , and if i press the X on the windows , my quest are gone the next time i come back only the stats remain...
Can any one help me and direct me to the correct way to exit the game? Thanks

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Now I understand why it has a low rating.
Even though the developer is trying to be active on F95, the game mechanics and grinding is boring and too much.

I will download this game when people say it has improved significantly.

summerjo

May 9, 2017
So I rented a better apartment, and the next day when I went back to finish my day, I was back in the original bad apartment

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
@
I've tried to reproduce this failure, but was not able to. I will keep this on the list and try to figure out why. Apologies.

I released the game with 1 hour of audio loaded into memory. That made any pc without a high end audio card, run at about 80-90% performance loss. And the 'two' people who rated the massive problem I created by doing that, never bothered to re-valuate when fixed. My fault.

As just a sidenote - I hope to mix a VN style mainstory with a open world, exploration grind. But I totally agree with you overall - long grinding is not fun! I hope to balance that as the flow of content progresses.

A very excellent no grind VN with a great story, amazing visuals and no grind is 'wicked choices' by ASDLpro, check it out! I think you'll prefer it.

Just closing out by pressing the "X" in the top right corner auto saves all progress (that is -meant- to be saved) some things do not save right now (like quests) as that entire quest system is still being fleshed out. There is a force save button in the "phone" menu, which is good to press in case of a crash.

Thanks to all who take the time to report issues, it is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: neodtst

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
@ Thanks for the Feedback!

Getting a 'receptionist' halves all that social media time in half (so that would be 6 mins) (easier to turn down then up - maybe it need to be more than this) This is mentioned in game.. but perhaps needs to be more readily told so to give a headsup it gets better.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate the work you (and any dev) puts into their art. I'm not trying to beat you up either...I've been playing adult games for far too long (think AIF community). I'm just trying to give you some constructive criticism.

As for building social media, it's still work until I have enough money for a receptionist. At the beginning of the game you don't have the money and you want a player to wait 12-16 minutes to build stats? Waiting actually removes me from the world you've created. I go browse the web and do other things and by the time I've come back, I've lost some measure of interest. The bottom line...it isn't fun.

Furthermore, without another way to make income (and bouncing in-game pays for crap...strip club bouncers actually make a decent income...after they get tipped out by the strippers).

On the grinding note - you gain everything while 'not' playing, which should help as well. (But never seen a VN with this so that is not readily apparent either.. and I should add something that really says this happens)
Let me put it to you this way. If I'm playing one of these games, I'm playing the game at that time. I don't care if I build stats when I'm not playing. Plenty of IOS games that do that.

A loyalty bonus is available every 10 mins from that folder in the lower right corner - also no idea anyone would know what it does until click on it - bad me and will add a way to know what it does.
Explaining the loyalty bonus is and where it is would have been helpful.

Another thing that would be extremely helpful is more jobs to make money. Bouncing at the strip club doesn't pay crap...and waiting for you to get paid is kinda silly. Bartending at the strip club after your attraction is increased...something like that. For example, working at the gym as a janitor until you get more skilled in yoga...then you can take a job as a yoga instructor and make more money.

I'll give you an example of the classic grinding game design - Lesson Of Passion. A few of their games are exceptionally balanced in this manner. Every action takes time, but it's a mouse click...not actually waiting for something to happen. You have to balance what activities you want to do vs what activities you have to do to build your character. At the end of the day you're out of time. In the case of your game, say bouncing takes 2 hours and you get $x/hr. You could do the same thing with social media. 2 hours to do your fb, 2 hours for twitter, 2 hours for insta...etc. Balancing the time with doing other things works better than actually waiting. Once you get a receptionist, it takes you no time because the receptionist does it...but you would also have to balance HER time as well. If she's spending 6 hours on social media she's not balancing your books, making calls, etc. Then you still have to balance time to do other things to grow your business. Food for thought.

Fighting system feedback truly appreciated! I will slow down the circle speed, which should lower the challenge as a few people seem to have had a tough time on it.
It isn't so much that it's tough. I got it...but it didn't seem like fun...it seemed like work. If I want to play games that test my reflexes, they're not adult games...I'd play CoD or something. The fun in these games is figuring out the world you've designed, how to build your character, make money, and get laid. It's that simple.

As I said, I love the concept...the artwork is good...it's the gameplay that's a bummer.

Reactions: Hentami and TheonS

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yeah, the social media time consumption is a bummer, I have actually started opening the game, and then opening another "fun" game and playing the other game while I wait for this one to do all the social media crap... Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing this one if I have to play something else at the same time just to enjoy myself.

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes