VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I asked myself the same question yesterday, when I went through all my ongoing games, which have not been updated for a while.

There has nowhere been a sign of life from Storyteller since he made the statement about his patreon account. :(

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

anybody know if this game is abandoned or is there any news about any updates

the reason I ask is because I haven't heard anything about this game in awhile and the Forum has been unusually quiet
I asked myself the same question yesterday, when I went through all my ongoing games, which have not been updated for a while.

There has nowhere been a sign of life from Storyteller since he made the statement about his patreon account. :(
This game has a fairly slow development, updates frequencies related - an update every 4 months on average, so if everything is good, the update could be expected next month. With this new situation, the things are probably changed, and despite dev (old) plans to continue its development, the future doesnt look too bright imo.
It would be for the best to consider this game as abandoned, even if there isnt any tags. If not that would/will be a nice surprise.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Overall this was really great so far. Some might think reusing the same music from other games is cliche, but I love it, really helps me get more into it. Especially the jam from bensound at the first photoshoot, that was so well timed just brought me in. Then having the option of not engaging with anyone you don't want to is so important for an enjoyable experience. Gotta admit I'm worried about Lily and hope her story isn't too traumatic. Doesn't hurt I just played the first 5 chapters but instant favorite.

St97 I read through some comments and wow do people jump to conclusions!! I have a new found respect for developers who take their time to calm the storm. Also I saw planned tags mentioned in the Dev notes but they're no longer there, any help? Thanks love the game!!
Wait, what? That makes about as much sense as a bicycle without wheels.....
Just a joke.. you know how it is in these VNs, it's odd for the dad to be alive, let alone around when you're pursuing his woman, or his daughters, or his sister, etc..

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: HornyyPussy

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Can anyone give a rough estimate on how much content and game time there is so far?

Game looks interesting but I don't really wanna start a new game and get invested in it only to find that there's really not much and the long wait will be painful.

Reactions: NukaCola

erkper

May 16, 2018
Can anyone give a rough estimate on how much content and game time there is so far?

Game looks interesting but I don't really wanna start a new game and get invested in it only to find that there's really not much and the long wait will be painful.
There is a fair amount of content, and the game up to this point has been really good, but about 4 months ago the dev suspended his Patreon, announced he had IRL issues, and while he said the game isn't being abandoned, I don't think he's been seen here or anywhere else I'm aware of since his announcement. I would be very happy to be wrong but I don't expect a new update anytime soon... if ever.

Bluehemo

Nov 21, 2020
There is a fair amount of content, and the game up to this point has been really good, but about 4 months ago the dev suspended his Patreon, announced he had IRL issues, and while he said the game isn't being abandoned, I don't think he's been seen here or anywhere else I'm aware of since his announcement. I would be very happy to be wrong but I don't expect a new update anytime soon... if ever.
it had a on hold tag a month ago i think. so maybe he is working on it now!

erkper

May 16, 2018
it had a on hold tag a month ago i think. so maybe he is working on it now!
Did it? I don't recall a hold tag ever going on, and since there is no Patreon, no Discord I'm aware of, and the dev hasn't been seen once either here or on itch since posting what he did in early June, I'm not sure why a hold tag would have been removed if it had been put on.

But I hope you're right, this game is really good and I really want to see it back in active production.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
OK so after doing a search, I see the dev has said, multiple girls will be romanceable, and multiple girl endings are possible, but has it been said yet who the combinations are, well other than I just was forced to be between Jenny and Alex.

erkper

May 16, 2018
OK so after doing a search, I see the dev has said, multiple girls will be romanceable, and multiple girl endings are possible, but has it been said yet who the combinations are, well other than I just was forced to be between Jenny and Alex.
Pretty sure he said somewhere in this thread that Jenny/Alex was one combo that will have a joint ending and Mom/Aunt (sorry I can't remember the names, been too long) is another.

Assuming this gets completed...

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Pretty sure he said somewhere in this thread that Jenny/Alex was one combo that will have a joint ending and Mom/Aunt (sorry I can't remember the names, been too long) is another.

Assuming this gets completed...
I see it is frustrating when it is not confirmed what ones you can pick.

Oh, what makes you think it would be abandoned.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I see it is frustrating when it is not confirmed what ones you can pick.

Oh, what makes you think it would be abandoned.
dev has closed his patreon (in this thread somewhere should be a post explaining his reasons), and though he stated at that time that he "continues to work on his game/s", considering there for months havent been any news regarding this game, either here or on itch.io, i wouldnt bet for the next update anytime soon, if ever.
it doesnt have "aboned" tag, yet it is an abandoned game sadly.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I know, this game was one of the less well-known gems around here. Unfortunately, many smaller-time devs are finding that they are no longer interested in continuing their games for various reasons. There have always been the occasonal abandoned games around here, but it seems like the trend is accelerating lately. The Changing Season, Oath of Loyalty, and Elysion have all been abandoned recently, even if some are still not listed as that officially.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes