VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

C.M.Cas

Shameless Dev
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
Great story with deep characters. I'll keep a eye for updates.

Thx for the game, dev. Great work so far.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I know, this game was one of the less well-known gems around here. Unfortunately, many smaller-time devs are finding that they are no longer interested in continuing their games for various reasons. There have always been the occasonal abandoned games around here, but it seems like the trend is accelerating lately. The Changing Season, Oath of Loyalty, and Elysion have all been abandoned recently, even if some are still not listed as that officially.
Yep, there's been a rash of "abonings" lately and not a lot of new, quality, games to replace them. After the revamp of this one I thought it would continue but I guess that was a bit too optimistic.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Aye.

Only a few days away from 6 months without a word from the dev on either of his games either here or at itch (and no Patreon or discord,) probably time for an official abandoned tag. :(

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
I know, this game was one of the less well-known gems around here. Unfortunately, many smaller-time devs are finding that they are no longer interested in continuing their games for various reasons. There have always been the occasonal abandoned games around here, but it seems like the trend is accelerating lately. The Changing Season, Oath of Loyalty, and Elysion have all been abandoned recently, even if some are still not listed as that officially.
Sad to know that Elysion and Oath of Loyalt are going in the same path...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
abandoned nooooooooooooooo
rules on this site are as mysterious as covid19:HideThePain:

shouldnt it be "six months without any game-related news, or if dev confirms it is abandoned" or something?
im of opinion the dev didnt confirmed anything, so whoever has put that tag here hasnt followed the rules - it still isnt six months without news as the thread has been updated on June 1st.

im not saying this isnt abandoned, it is for a while now, yet what is the point of not following (own) rules, or if those rules are as "flexible" as it seems to be?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
rules on this site are as mysterious as covid19:HideThePain:

shouldnt it be "six months without any game-related news, or if dev confirms it is abandoned" or something?
im of opinion the dev didnt confirmed anything, so whoever has put that tag here hasnt followed the rules - it still isnt six months without news as the thread has been updated on June 1st.

im not saying this isnt abandoned, it is for a while now, yet what is the point of not following (own) rules, or if those rules are as "flexible" as it seems to be?
Last I checked it's 3 months with no activity on here, Patreon and Discord. If the game isn't abandoned perhaps the dev should post something telling people on here that it isn't.

As the only thing listed is Itch.io a check of that shows the last post by the dev was in June when Chapter 5 released and the FAQ states the below:

-FAQ-

Why is your patreon gone?

IRL stuff got in the way.

Will this game be abandoned?

Right now, my plan is to continue it.

When will Chapter 6 come out?

Good question. I’m writing it. No timeline as of now.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
For the first time in awhile I'm getting a little worried by the amount of quality games dropping like flies. Everyday there's something it seems like. Plus more and more games with stunning renders but shitty stories are popping up and I may be losing my optimism.

Reincarnotica, Fall Fable, Oath Of Loyalty, and so many others. No game is perfect, but some of these games coming out now are depressing. Hope this game isn't one of them though.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Last I checked it's 3 months with no activity on here, Patreon and Discord. If the game isn't abandoned perhaps the dev should post something telling people on here that it isn't.

As the only thing listed is Itch.io a check of that shows the last post by the dev was in June when Chapter 5 released and the FAQ states the below:

-FAQ-

Why is your patreon gone?

IRL stuff got in the way.

Will this game be abandoned?

Right now, my plan is to continue it.

When will Chapter 6 come out?

Good question. I’m writing it. No timeline as of now.
i did report a few games with no signs of life for at least 3+months not so long ago, and got rejected with an explanation that 6 months is needed for that tag...hence my wondering about mysterious ways of those (and other) tags around here.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i did report a few games with no signs of life for at least 3+months not so long ago, and got rejected with an explanation that 6 months is needed for that tag...hence my wondering about mysterious ways of those (and other) tags around here.
Weird, they must have decided to change it. Probably because there are so many games that are at the 3 month point. Seems there are a lot of changes going on behind the scenes on here. Would love some consistency. But then I wouldn't care if all the games that haven't been updated were updated. This game was finally on a good path and was heading in an interesting direction, hope it isn't abandoned but at the same time I'm not going to hope too much.

Reactions: Abhai

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Of all the games that keep getting updates its the shit tier ones that never get abandoned lmao how disappointing. I liked this one. Damn.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Honestly, in this age of disease we live in, something could have even happened to the Dev and who knows if they have someone who would contact people online who are familiar with him. So people just dropping off the face of the earth, as far as we're concerned is not only possible it's normal.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Honestly, in this age of disease we live in, something could have even happened to the Dev and who knows if they have someone who would contact people online who are familiar with him. So people just dropping off the face of the earth, as far as we're concerned is not only possible it's normal.
though it is possible (not gonna use the term "normal", just yet), that shouldnt be the case here.
the dev closed his patreon and stated he shall continue working on his games, from time to time, as those arent his priority atm.
and i would say, despite this age of disease and everything related, the devs losing interest is still main cause of abandoned projects all around.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes