2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
That sounds like someone brow beat him until he gave in. Maybe his stories weren't interesting to you, but they were to someone else. You and people like you need to abide by the "if you don't like what the dev does find something else" spiel that gets repeated constantly around here. That shit either applies to everyone or no one.
Dude, chill. I supported 9crux for a long time and I even did four $50 pledges in the past (and I have custom renders to show for it).

I was perfectly okay with 9crux not including competition with others in his games, especially since he's not exactly the best writer in the world and might not handle it well.

I even suggested some of the male staff could go after Tiffany or other girls if the MC wasn't interested, but he shot down that idea and said it would add work for little to no content. He was adamant about that, so I think that, if anything, he must have thought it would work for the story, not because anyone convinced him to do it.

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
Did you guys really play the update? Because MC finally gets a sex scene IRL (I was going to write which one was, but the spolier thing is not working)

I have to agree that the way this dev decided to present the story is a complete mess

Reactions: oceanbobo4

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Did you guys really play the update? Because MC finally gets a sex scene IRL (I was going to write which one was, but the spolier thing is not working)

I have to agree that the way this dev decided to present the story is a complete mess

I recently joined developer's subscriberstar because of the fantastic IRL scene with Tiffany after all this time, and while reading the developer's posts, I got a new perspective on what he's trying to do with the story.

He writes that he doesn't like "traditional narrative structure" because he finds it's too predictable. Instead, he thinks in terms of branching timelines, different possible things that could have happened.

Thus, in the first game, MC's wife is dead; in the third game, she's not only alive but she visits.

That's the most obvious inconsistency.

But if you follow the paths of multiple girls, there are all kinds of inconsistencies in those paths.

Basically, the developer is proposing that the reader suspend disbelief as "to what has happened" and imagine that "this could be the way it happened, too."

He even says that the dreams aren't really dreams, but are actual events that happen in a different timeline.

I'm not convinced that this new approach is good, but it's creative and intentional. He's not trying to tell a linear story with completely logical narrative; so, yes, it seems like a mess, but it's on purpose!

• Sad
Reactions: bradloserkid

Lamonster

May 28, 2017
I must be missing something... none of the events in the 13.1 changelog besides the dreams are showing up. I went through five weeks of nothing but dreams and visiting Joan, Melanie, and sneaking into Tiff's room. Where is the new progression???

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

if spoilers refuse work then type [.spoiler=something or not.][./spoiler.], just remove dots.

well exless was bit messy, sandbox ex1 made it worse, ex2 prolly maintains status quo and what ex3 brings is unknown.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
I recently joined developer's subscriberstar because of the fantastic IRL scene with Tiffany after all this time, and while reading the developer's posts, I got a new perspective on what he's trying to do with the story.

He writes that he doesn't like "traditional narrative structure" because he finds it's too predictable. Instead, he thinks in terms of branching timelines, different possible things that could have happened.

Thus, in the first game, MC's wife is dead; in the third game, she's not only alive but she visits.

That's the most obvious inconsistency.

But if you follow the paths of multiple girls, there are all kinds of inconsistencies in those paths.

Basically, the developer is proposing that the reader suspend disbelief as "to what has happened" and imagine that "this could be the way it happened, too."

He even says that the dreams aren't really dreams, but are actual events that happen in a different timeline.

I'm not convinced that this new approach is good, but it's creative and intentional. He's not trying to tell a linear story with completely logical narrative; so, yes, it seems like a mess, but it's on purpose!
No offense but this sounds like dev is simply following his whims without regard to a proper narrative or premise/context, just like how he insisted sandbox made sense in the 1st game.

Dude, chill. I supported 9crux for a long time and I even did four $50 pledges in the past (and I have custom renders to show for it).

I was perfectly okay with 9crux not including competition with others in his games, especially since he's not exactly the best writer in the world and might not handle it well.

I even suggested some of the male staff could go after Tiffany or other girls if the MC wasn't interested, but he shot down that idea and said it would add work for little to no content. He was adamant about that, so I think that, if anything, he must have thought it would work for the story, not because anyone convinced him to do it.
Again, this sounds like what i said above. Dev "felt" it would make sense at this point when finally tying up loose ends to introduce drama.

I stuck around trying to see if the game was worth playing again, but after reading, i guess dev's creative process will not make me enjoy the series. I really wanted to like his work.

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
So... Daria is amazing, what is the model used for her ?
Yes, she's amazing, both in appearance and character. I think she's based on this model with some modifications

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
No offense but this sounds like dev is simply following his whims without regard to a proper narrative or premise/context, just like how he insisted sandbox made sense in the 1st game.
Mario 1994 wrote a recent review with which I agree. He gives the game three stars because of the "story"; I give it five because of Tiffany's model, the renders in general, and the long erotic scene with Tiffany, her mother, and the MC.

But those who value story more than renders will give this game a lower rating.

I've now read all the posts at developer's subscribestar. And I've learned a few things.

* Developer is a permanently disabled veteran and (legal) immigrant.
* English is his second language.
* He has posted every month consistently for more than four years. He works on his games from 12 to 16 hours a day, which is quite inspiring. I wish I had that dedication.
* His youtube channel shows that it takes him 45 minutes to set up a render. And then he lets the computer fill in the details and shadows, which takes hours more.
* Given the power of his computer, his renders are the best that can be done.
* He knows himself well enough to admit that he is stubborn.

I also learned some things about his supporters:

* Developer took a vote on whether the original, linear "The Class Next Door" game should be transformed into a sandbox.

* His supporters split 50/50 on the question; so, developer used his own judgment and made the "Class Next Door Ex 1" sandbox, which I think was a very bad error because Ex1 is almost unplayable due to the cogs and grind and confusion about where to go and when.

* Many of his supporters, even after four years of slow burn, don't want Tiffany to get involved in anything too sexual. This, in my opinion, is a partial explanation for the dreams and the different "timelines" that can be inconsistent. It's a way to show erotic content while allowing some supporters to say, "Well, it really didn't happen" and to allow other supporters to say "Well, it happened, but in a different timeline."

* Developer is receiving advice from all directions. He is receiving constructive advice that is helpful, and advice that is meant to be constructive, but is harmful.

* Developer, having been shot at in war, is pretty much immune to what other people think, especially when well meant advice is inconsistent.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Liam the Handyman

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
* Developer took a vote on whether the original, linear "The Class Next Door" game should be transformed into a sandbox.

* His supporters split 50/50 on the question; so, developer used his own judgment and made the "Class Next Door Ex 1" sandbox, which I think was a very bad error because Ex1 is almost unplayable due to the cogs and grind and confusion about where to go and when.
It was never 50-50. Patrons were firmly in the "don't do a sandbox" and "maybe do a sandbox for your next game" camps and 9crux still decided that they want a sandbox.

* Many of his supporters, even after four years of slow burn, don't want Tiffany to get involved in anything too sexual. This, in my opinion, is a partial explanation for the dreams and the different "timelines" that can be inconsistent. It's a way to show erotic content while allowing some supporters to say, "Well, it really didn't happen" and to allow other supporters to say "Well, it happened, but in a different timeline."
Supporters didn't want Tiffany in hardcore sex scenes too quickly. No anal, for example.
9crux doesn't like the idea of non-monogamous relationships, so no harem ending and no threesomes.

* Developer is receiving advice from all directions. He is receiving constructive advice that is helpful, and advice that is meant to be constructive, but is harmful.

* Developer, having been shot at in war, is pretty much immune to what other people think, especially when well meant advice is inconsistent.
Thing is, 9crux himself is unsure what he wants to do with his game, so he jumps from idea to idea with no direction. His patrons are pulling in all directions, so instead of making polls like:
I have ideas A, B, C, D and E that I want to put in my next releases, but I have the bandwidth for just three of them, which ones should I prioritize?
He's asking questions like these:
I've been making this game for a while, but I don't like it so far. Should I switch to a completely different style from now on?
People overwhelmingly say "NO", and he responds:
Okay, so there are some people who say that I should switch to a different style and I will, so the rest of you can go f*ck yourselves.

Dec 9, 2020
I must be missing something... none of the events in the 13.1 changelog besides the dreams are showing up. I went through five weeks of nothing but dreams and visiting Joan, Melanie, and sneaking into Tiff's room. Where is the new progression???
I was going through the same thing from my last save game. So I restarted and the content showed up, in the end it tells you it will continue with the tcnd sr, and then you can loop days for the dreams, maybe the old saves got stuck in that loop in the first place.

And yes there are a few none dream sex scenes already in the game, the wonderful scene with Eleanor and Tiffany :love: and one with Daria.

I'm glad the game is back in a linear path, because the sandbox mode was an unnecessary mess.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
[The vote] was never 50-50. Patrons were firmly in the "don't do a sandbox" and "maybe do a sandbox for your next game" camps and 9crux still decided that they want a sandbox.

Well, I saw the vote, and it was 50/50. But maybe this poll was taken after he lost subscribers?

Thing is, 9crux himself is unsure what he wants to do with his game, so he jumps from idea to idea with no direction. His patrons are pulling in all directions,
I think that's a fair assessment.

To me, his game could be magnificent if he eliminated the dreams, made the story linear (with twists, if he likes), and focused on Tiffany.

He has made so many renders that he could use the ones he already has, and put them into a coherent, linear story, eliminating boring dialogue (the kind of everyday dialogue that everyone hears all the time, "let's go here" "hi" "how are you" level). And then add options for his players to decline any scenes they don't like. If he had done that (and he still could), I think he'd be making lots of money due to the quality of the renders.

Last edited:

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
And yes there are a few none dream sex scenes already in the game, the wonderful scene with Eleanor and Tiffany :love: and one with Daria.

I'm glad the game is back in a linear path, because the sandbox mode was an unnecessary mess.
Yes, it really is a wonderful scene, and it shows what this developer could do with this.

I also agree that the path should be much more linear, with scenes that the player can decline.

But unfortunately, it seems the developer may not be on a linear path, because his next game (SR) -- the game that is to follow this -- is something like a sandbox with multiple main characters, but with fewer cogs. A quest system with various locations and times.

A few games have made the sandbox/quest system work (Desert Stalker), but . . .

Dec 9, 2020
Yes, it really is a wonderful scene, and it shows what this developer could do with this.

I also agree that the path should be much more linear, with scenes that the player can decline.

But unfortunately, it seems the developer may not be on a linear path, because his next game (SR) -- the game that is to follow this -- is something like a sandbox with multiple main characters, but with fewer cogs. A quest system with various locations and times.

A few games have made the sandbox/quest system work (Desert Stalker), but . . .
Sandbox can work, it's just a matter of balancing the amount of content available, the amount of roaming space, also having a decent quest log or hints. The dev went overboard on the last game, way too much empty space at once, with not much content. There was no reason why we needed like 20 clicks to get around the home alone, and for something like that it's better when there's a room menu to go through instead, which they added after but it was still kinda confusing as a floor design. Designs like that just make the experience much more frustrating holding back the content (which frankly a lot of devs do to burn time and make it seem like there's content to play).

It was a huge mistake the dev made, and hopefully they learned from it, cause there are a lot of decent sandbox games out there, as you mention desert stalker, or phoenixes is another good one. I hope they don't go for a daily schedule that has like 6 periods of the day, cause those can get pretty annoying as well. We'll see I guess, just really happy to get that Eleanor Tiffy scene at least.

Oberlix

Mar 13, 2020
You think yes it will continue but no, bitter disappointment, you play for a few weeks but you don't see anything new, there is interest in the game but if it continues to develop like this then I'll wait a year ..XD

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
* He knows himself well enough to admit that he is stubborn.

I also learned some things about his supporters:

ive read somewhere that dev stated that he is planning to put sandbox into the game from the very beginning. i also made a small comment about that in one of his the class next door games long ago (dont remember which "version" lol). im not their patrons, but some are here. seeing how they changed the title and treat it as a new game, i believe those are the result of most players & patrons disagree with it.

thus maybe some patrons that still supporting them are the minority voices but majority monies so they keep the sandbox as it is.

• Thinking Face
2.50 star(s) 8 Votes