RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Apologies for not responding sooner- I'm currently in the middle of replaying Coceter Chronicles (as I said in an earlier post, my save games from V. 12 wouldn't work with the current build of the game)- so, I've been doing that. :)
I like a a lot of different games, to be totally honest, so if I were to recommend any games- it could be because they're just plain fun, well-written, have great art, and (as I'm finding out) some that can be emotionally stirring. I can give you a general list of games that I've enjoyed for one reason or another. :) Other than this one, obviously...
I can't say enough good things about "Long Live the Princess"- I really, really Love this game! (Belle is so adorable.)
Another really entertaining one is "Quest Failed", it has a lot of really great characters that you immediately fall in love with upon meeting them.
Daughter for Dessert, Parental Love, My Sweet Neighbors, Melody, "Sister, Sister, Sister", Mythic Manor, Perverted Family/Perverted Hotel, Four Elements Trainer- these are all great games with exceptional art/images and they're just plain fun to play. I was going to break them down individually, but I'm kinda tired. Hell, I've enjoyed games with no plot whatsoever, paper-thin premises, and art that wouldn't be worthy of putting on anyone's fridge- but they're just fun to play. Isn't that what games are supposed to be anyway- whether you get magickally transported into their world or just have a little, green rape-y orc side-scroll through a village smacking people (cannot seem to remember the name of that one currently, oooh this is going to bug me now...)- they're meant to be enjoyed or at least a pleasant distraction from whatever it is you're trying to escape.
Now if you're looking for some that are really going to tug on the ol' heartstrings- there's only 3 that I can think of, because they're the only 3 that moved me the way Coceter Chronicles did. If you manage to get through these games without feeling anything-you're either a robot or dead.
Teaching Feeling: Life With a Slave- a truly sad and beautiful game at the same time- I won't spoil it for you, but if you liked this one (Coceter Chronicles) you may enjoy this one as well.
Wolf Tails- despite it's cartoony appearance and exterior- it packs a punch, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Emily: Sister Attraction- this one is kinda grind-y, but not in terms of gameplay- it's one of those AIF(?) games where you do a LOT of typing, but it is so worth it to get to the end. I don't know if it's on this site or not, but if you go to Palmer's Patreon page- you can DL it for free (he's also the genius behind "Daughter for Dessert").
These are all I can think about at the moment- I just finished a marathon session of Coceter Chronicles and finally got to the part with the new content that I haven't seen at all- going back through the looking glass after leaving the Larina's Tower, so my brain is kinda mushy at the moment. (I forgot how much I truly do Love this game!)
Oh yeah, Inheritance is shaping up to be a really good game as well- don't normally like the HTML format games, but this one is very promising.

Feel free to recommend a couple games yourself- I may or may not have played them- I just may have forgotten to mention them, as I've played through quite a few of them. Oh, Corruption and Glassix are 2 more that I really enjoy.
Goblin Walker- that's what it was called. (Now I can sleep after clearing up that mystery.)
This is kind of hard to read. There's not enough blank space between each section.

Maybe next time use a bullet list? Click the 10th button from the left on the top of the text box, with the hover text "Unordered List". Something like this would be easier to read:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
This is kind of hard to read. There's not enough blank space between each section.

Maybe next time use a bullet list? Click the 10th button from the left on the top of the text box, with the hover text "Unordered List". Something like this would be easier to read:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • I was absolutely knackered when I wrote this.
  • I kinda felt bad that it took me so long to respond to Smut.
  • I didn't know if they were waiting for my response for games to play.
  • I wasn't aware that this feature was here or how to use it.
  • Thank you for the information/tip.
  • I shall try to remember to use this in the future.
  • A revision of this post shall be coming soon.
  • I just noticed that you provided an example and fixed the list for me.
  • Thanks.
  • :)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Happy to hear that others appreciated the game as much as I did. The storytelling and the MC is way beyond most other games, both adult and mainstream. These gems are few and far between and yeah this is easily among my top gaming experiences in any genre. And while there are flaws like in any other games, those hardly matter when the game manages to grab your attention and your emotions like in this case.

I'm curious about which other games you enjoy since it seems we share opinions on this game. I would love to hear some recommendations if you have any, whether that be games or any other content actually. I seem to spend a lot of efforts hunting for good experiences like this one, and I can very rarely find them in any medium.

(Thanks to goobdoob for assisting me in making this less of a garbled mess. Cheers!)

ATTN: This is revised repost.

Apologies for not responding sooner- I'm currently in the middle of replaying Coceter Chronicles (as I said in an earlier post, my save games from V. 12 wouldn't work with the current build of the game)- so, I've been doing that. :)
I like a a lot of different games, to be totally honest, so if I were to recommend any games- it could be because they're just plain fun, well-written, have great art, and (as I'm finding out) some that can be emotionally stirring. I can give you a general list of games that I've enjoyed for one reason or another. :) Other than this one, obviously...
  • I can't say enough good things about "Long Live the Princess"- I really, really Love this game! (Belle is so adorable.)
  • Another really entertaining one is "Quest Failed", it has a lot of really great characters that you immediately fall in love with upon meeting them.
These are all great games with exceptional art/images and they're just plain fun to play. I was going to break them down individually, but I'm kinda tired. Hell, I've enjoyed games with no plot whatsoever, paper-thin premises, and art that wouldn't be worthy of putting on anyone's fridge- but they're just fun to play. Isn't that what games are supposed to be anyway- whether you get magickally transported into their world or just have a little, green rape-y orc side-scroll through a village smacking people (cannot seem to remember the name of that one currently, oooh this is going to bug me now...)- they're meant to be enjoyed or at least a pleasant distraction from whatever it is you're trying to escape.
  • Daughter for Dessert
  • Parental Love
  • My Sweet Neighbors
  • Melody
  • "Sister, Sister, Sister"
  • Mythic Manor
  • Perverted Family/Perverted Hotel
  • Four Elements Trainer
Now if you're looking for some that are really going to tug on the ol' heartstrings- there's only 3 that I can think of, because they're the only 3 that moved me the way Coceter Chronicles did. If you manage to get through these games without feeling anything-you're either a robot or dead.
  • Teaching Feeling: Life With a Slave- a truly sad and beautiful game at the same time- I won't spoil it for you, but if you liked this one (Coceter Chronicles) you may enjoy this one as well.
  • Wolf Tails- despite it's cartoony appearance and exterior- it packs a punch, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Emily: Sister Attraction- this one is kinda grind-y, but not in terms of gameplay- it's one of those AIF(?) games where you do a LOT of typing, but it is so worth it to get to the end. I don't know if it's on this site or not, but if you go to Palmer's Patreon page- you can DL it for free (he's also the genius behind "Daughter for Dessert").
These are all I can think about at the moment- I just finished a marathon session of Coceter Chronicles and finally got to the part with the new content that I haven't seen at all- going back through the looking glass after leaving the Larina's Tower, so my brain is kinda mushy at the moment. (I forgot how much I truly do Love this game!)
  • Oh yeah, Inheritance is shaping up to be a really good game as well- don't normally like the HTML format games, but this one is very promising.
Feel free to recommend a couple games yourself- I may or may not have played them- I just may have forgotten to mention them, as I've played through quite a few of them. Oh, Corruption and Glassix are 2 more that I really enjoy.
Goblin Walker- that's what it was called. (Now I can sleep after clearing up that mystery.)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
How does coceter chronicles manage to have the keena scenes without getting picked up on by patreon?
Because she's gone through the harrowing which means she's of age.

The harrowing is what they go through from child to adult, it shapes their form.

Keena isn't a child when you go back through.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Because she's gone through the harrowing which means she's of age.

The harrowing is what they go through from child to adult, it shapes their form.

Keena isn't a child when you go back through.
I guess that makes sense, I thought it was a rule about anyone that looks like a kid though

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
was referring to the bath scene earlier in the game lol

It's most likely because they didn't show her naughty bits. When she's bathing she's either covering herself with her hands or her hair (except her heinie), but I don't think those offend people too much. Also, she's the only one that's clothed when you go into the "Panty Collection" and look at her picture. It's nudity, but not-nudity.

smut

Jul 21, 2017
(Thanks to goobdoob for assisting me in making this less of a garbled mess. Cheers!)
Thanks! Lots to try out here. Some I've tried earlier versions of and I can't wait to see what they've done with it.

As for games I've enjoyed:
Roundscape: Decent on character development but not as detailed as CC. Tons of content and a good amount of fleshed out companions. A little grindy but its usually a very good experience the first time (you can cheat to skip combat to speed up the story).
Starship Inanna: Tons of backstory and a rich universe along with some decent companions.
The Weekend: A branching HTML game with awesome main character and side character development (TF), and some really touching moments.

I'll report back later when I recall those I forgot to mention :p or when I've tried out more of your recommendations.

Reactions: Safetydummy

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
It's most likely because they didn't show her naughty bits. When she's bathing she's either covering herself with her hands or her hair (except her heinie), but I don't think those offend people too much. Also, she's the only one that's clothed when you go into the "Panty Collection" and look at her picture. It's nudity, but not-nudity.
I guess so

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Thanks! Lots to try out here. Some I've tried earlier versions of and I can't wait to see what they've done with it.

As for games I've enjoyed:
Roundscape: Decent on character development but not as detailed as CC. Tons of content and a good amount of fleshed out companions. A little grindy but its usually a very good experience the first time (you can cheat to skip combat to speed up the story).
Starship Inanna: Tons of backstory and a rich universe along with some decent companions.
The Weekend: A branching HTML game with awesome main character and side character development (TF), and some really touching moments.

I'll report back later when I recall those I forgot to mention :p or when I've tried out more of your recommendations.

Glad you enjoyed the list and let me know what you think of them- some are relatively short (couple of hours, at best) and some will take you some time to get through (as complete as they are). I, personally, enjoyed each and every one of them and I hope that you do as well.

Hmmm, I will have to give these a shot after winding down my current queue of un-played games, or have to re-play games in some cases, or that was fun games- time to play again. :)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Version .14 is now available to Patrons of the $5 tier and above. Please see your respective download post below this one. Also, the 4k Wallpapers have been updated with seven new ones. Download is in the $5 Tier Post.
Release Notes:

Chapter 4 Begins!
Added 21 New scenes to the game with over 1100 new renders (I lost count, its probably around 1200-1300 renders) Do note, the majority of these scenes are optional, and you will have to explore to find them. In fact, I believe only 2 or 3 scenes are part of the actual storyline.

20+ New Maps to explore, 5 Large ones, and a lot of smaller ones.

Bonus: - If you're new, or just missed some of my past wallpapers, here they all are. Some of them are 4k, some are 1080p. Includes the new one above of Faelan Keena. (Does not include the 4k Journals)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018

Version .14 is now available to Patrons of the $5 tier and above. Please see your respective download post below this one. Also, the 4k Wallpapers have been updated with seven new ones. Download is in the $5 Tier Post.
Release Notes:

Chapter 4 Begins!
Added 21 New scenes to the game with over 1100 new renders (I lost count, its probably around 1200-1300 renders) Do note, the majority of these scenes are optional, and you will have to explore to find them. In fact, I believe only 2 or 3 scenes are part of the actual storyline.

20+ New Maps to explore, 5 Large ones, and a lot of smaller ones.

Bonus: - If you're new, or just missed some of my past wallpapers, here they all are. Some of them are 4k, some are 1080p. Includes the new one above of Faelan Keena. (Does not include the 4k Journals)

Yer doin' ta Lord's work, Belle. :)

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Hmm, I seem to be having another problem, which I don't believe has been mentioned before. I can't seem to be able to go to sleep at first night in chapter 4, even though I talked to Yusara, Courtney, Keena and Keegan - regardless of which option I pick to solve Keena's "problem". The sleep option is greyed out for me, I can only workout and masturbate as many times as I want....

DarkXseed

Feb 23, 2018
Hmm, I seem to be having another problem, which I don't believe has been mentioned before. I can't seem to be able to go to sleep at first night in chapter 4, even though I talked to Yusara, Courtney, Keena and Keegan - regardless of which option I pick to solve Keena's "problem". The sleep option is greyed out for me, I can only workout and masturbate as many times as I want....
I'm having the exact same issue. According to the Chapter 4 walkthrough, I'm also missing Tatia picking flowers and Xara in the camp as well. Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes