RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
The author simply stopped comunicating a while ago. We don't know if something happened to him, if he decided to quit or to take a break. So no one can tell you for sure why it was abandoned.
Nverjos did however say why he/she stopped working on the game though... I'd say that's as clear as it gets.

psychocricket

Jun 19, 2018
Nverjos did however say why he/she stopped working on the game though... I'd say that's as clear as it gets.
It's not on the OP though, and that's what I'd like to get added so we can (attempt to) get the whole "disappointment" genre of posts here culled.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It's not on the OP though, and that's what I'd like to get added so we can (attempt to) get the whole "disappointment" genre of posts here culled.
I would believe even if it would be written in post #1. You would have enough that would ask why and so on.

Reactions: RustyV

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Did he? Where? Cause I've never seen anything regarding that. On patreon the last past is still the Dev Update from 20th June 2018 and from what I know that's the last someone herad from him. Was there anything on the comments section stating that he stopped working on the game that I'm unware?

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
Yep sadly I say so, I was there from the start and was on the top tier level, when Nverjos first had issues and had to move, Nverjos stay in touch with the top tier in what was going on and since I was showing the game and answering questions for the game, I was able to relay what was going on and try to keep people chilled while Nverjos was moving but when the Father death hit Nverjos, no word to the top tier or any replies on his page or even on any of the other places that Nverjos has the game listed at, I stayed from day of the father death to first of this year, but since no word or replies to how Nverjos was doing, I am sadden that the Father Death hit Nverjos hard but again, some can't handle family death too well and pretty much give up on all things, so I do wish and hope Nverjos well but I am worry that this project might never get done since the father death was too much for Nverjos to handle. Yet I keep an eye on the page and all the sites that Nverjos has the game listed and try to help out with game questions but again no updates or even bug fixes for last patch that came out.
A couple of pages ago. Not the best grammar but it gives the reason the game was abandoned.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
A couple of pages ago. Not the best grammar but it gives the reason the game was abandoned.
That's a quote from a patron who basicly says what we've all been assuming from quite some time, but no matter as logic as it sounds it's still just speculation. Don't get me wrong, I too actually believe that what syfy88man wrote is actually what really happened, or if not at least it should be very close to the truth, but as I said, there wasn't a confirmation from the author on any of this and has such no one can tell for sure why the game was abandoned, or even if it is in fact abandoned. The only thing we can say for certain is that Nverjos stopped comunicating, as I previsouly mentioned.

Reactions: gobbet

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
well here another game that I was working closely with and was the top tier, it called Lust Town and the creator join a very good company that going to help the creator convert the game from the RPG over to a Renpy and it going good, but it pretty much a redo of the whole game. Now when it was on the RPG version, the game was up to version 7 and we now waiting for the mystery person to come attack us and take all of girls from you, but like I said, there was poll and everyone voted to convert the whole game from RPG to Renpy, yet on 11/02/2018 on the discord channel, it was reported that Ruby will be delay and might not get finished since the creator overdosed him or herself and the team that the creator joined and was helping in making Ruby a naughty name to enjoy has seem to stall out, so yea, I do follow a lot of creators on here and on Patreon but some of them do give reason in why or what is happening and others are just that, just stop working for some reason with no reason in why nothing new is happening

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Eh, maybe HBO will pick this up as a series and finish it themselves à la Game of Thrones. ;)
Of course there may not be enough sexual content for HBO.
But I, like all of you, do hope the dev can finish this excellent game.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
That's a quote from a patron who basicly says what we've all been assuming from quite some time, but no matter as logic as it sounds it's still just speculation. Don't get me wrong, I too actually believe that what syfy88man wrote is actually what really happened, or if not at least it should be very close to the truth, but as I said, there wasn't a confirmation from the author on any of this and has such no one can tell for sure why the game was abandoned, or even if it is in fact abandoned. The only thing we can say for certain is that Nverjos stopped comunicating, as I previsouly mentioned.
If we strip all the things to bare minimum: For the majority of the Patreon campaign all we know comes from the dev itself. So, although I don't believe it, he/she could be happy and healty and simple abandon this project at all. Could be or not, I don't know for 100% certain what is going on.

From what I heard over the Patreon channel was that the father died and sometimes after that he/she went radio silence. What their current status is (dev and game), is unknow for me and I think 99% of you too. He/She could come back next xxx and this is the reason I'm still a patreon but on a lower tier than before.

So in the meantime I enjoy other games, but hope that the dev is in best health and that we seen someday a message from him/her. And I care more for the dev and the resolve of this suspence than the game itself. Sure, I'm the last who complain if this gem would be complete...

Last edited:

Nazhara

Oct 8, 2019
Damn... that must've hit hard if he/she dropped everything. Especially if he was inspired to make this game because of his/her father (as I've read the rumors), I'd imagine it would be painful for him/her to work on something so close to his memories as well.
Still, losing family is a hard thing, not everybody can deal with it well.
I've lost my father as well a few years ago, so I can relate. Still, I hope he/she will manage to get back on his/her feet.

Reactions: Mr. Bonkers

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
OK HI again and for the ones who don't follow Nverjo Patreon Page, here it is

As you all know by now, I am one of Nverjos top tier supporters and was one of Nverjos spell checker and game tester as well as game streaming the game to show all the choices in the game as well how to unlock all the parts in the game, sadly like I said, the first time Nverjo had some bad issues was when the company that Nverjo was working for did a cut back and no longer need Nverjos for the company. Nverjo was in one of them company places that offered a place and a company car to get around but was no longer going to have that, most figure that Nverjos moved back in with the father since the time from game updates to new game updates was little over a couple of months and the game story was coming out again. then as you seen in the Patreon Posting, the father passed away and then a couple more posting on the page, then total silence, now as for like Lust Town the creator over there ran into some issues like Nverjo but the creator of Lust Town was working with a company that makes adult games but sadly the company over on Lust Town found out that the creator who was making Lust Town, over dosed himself and there were was going to be no more Lust Town, so I am thinking the pain and lost of Nverjo Father might have something like that happen since sometimes love and life is hard to deal with and it just as easy to end it all since the fun is over and it nothing but headache and pain. I am still watching all the places that Nverjos posted the game and game news on but for now, nothing since the last posting of the new game idea that was in the works since Tabi part was almost done, the next game was going to be a going back in time to see Tabi as a younger age and see her side of growing up to where the certain story is now

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sounds like Nverjos's whole life was upended. Losing your livelihood, home, and even transportation, and then losing a parent who was helping you get up again is devastating. After a person passes there are numerous issues with which must be dealt. For all we know Nverjos may have been at risk of losing the father's home too. No wonder CoC was put on pause.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
Sounds like Nverjos's whole life was upended. Losing your livelihood, home, and even transportation, and then losing a parent who was helping you get up again is devastating. After a person passes there are numerous issues with which must be dealt. For all we know Nverjos may have been at risk of losing the father's home too. No wonder CoC was put on pause.
Yea Nverjo stay in touch with the top tier when he/she lost the job and all that came with the job, so it was never said that Nverjos moved back in with the father but as I guess it was what happen since after that the father health was needing Nverjos time as well as the new work and he/she did have a daughter who Nverjos was taking care off, so I just guess that with all that was going on in Nverjos life, it came down to very overwhelming to Nverjos and since then no word from Nverjos. I did do another game stream to show off the game to get more supporters but it seems that it didn't have any effects, I did get a few asking me how to do this or that in the game but sadly the final part of the game story that we was all waiting on, is not coming anytime soon. I just hope one day Nverjos does come back to finish the game and see what happens to the new one that he/she was working on

Reactions: mojococo

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
To create a good game Nverjos would have to be in a frame of mind to devote thought to it, and this doesn't appear to be the case.
Selfishly I would like to see CoC continue and tie up all of the loose ends. I have recenty replayed Coc and Nverjos left so many options to explore in the last beta 15 update.
Or just fix the Tabie+Keena sex bug. :)

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
To create a good game Nverjos would have to be in a frame of mind to devote thought to it, and this doesn't appear to be the case.
Selfishly I would like to see CoC continue and tie up all of the loose ends. I have recenty replayed Coc and Nverjos left so many options to explore in the last beta 15 update.
Yep Nverjos did, lol there was a poll that the top tier was getting, asking what they wanted in the game and what Tabi would be doing, funny the game started out on thinking of how to find Cortney and get her back to the castle and the Spoiler alert the lost queen to see what happen to her and why she left the castle but after like the 2nd game testing, it switch and everyone was wanting more of Tabi in doing this or that in the game, lol hell there was that one beastly part that some got and loved but Patreon said nope, remove it or lose your patreon page, so Nverjos removed but did say that it was saved for a later add on to the game when it done and off the patreon page

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah supposedly Patreon killed the Tabi+centaur sex as well.
Apparently trees with dicks are OK, but not a guy with a literal horse cock.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Faithfully generating a game's characters is difficult, and Nverjos still owns CoC.

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes