1.80 star(s) 54 Votes

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Yep...

Yep... same, started the game, created a new save, exited, put my save from 03/05 in it's place.

Start the game and there's a popup "Modified save data detected. Game start-up will be aborted."
"Start-up aborted. Please delete the save data and restart." Game end.

Nothing about the releases since I stopped playing makes it feel worth it to start over again.
You need to open the game without your old savegame in the folder. While the game is running, copy your save to the folder and you should be able to load it...

Alternatively make a backup of resources\app\tyrano\plugins\kag\kag.js and replace it with the attached file... (unzip it first...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylfan

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
You need to open the game without your old savegame in the folder. While the game is running, copy your save to the folder and you should be able to load it...

Alternatively make a backup of resources\app\tyrano\plugins\kag\kag.js and replace it with the attached file... (unzip it first...)
No such luck with either route, my old save may be too old. But hopefully your suggestion helps unwelcomed pick up where he left off if his save file is a more recent vintage.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I have to admit that loading a new version can be a bit of a nightmare, but I managed it. I just cut and pasted the two .sav files from the old directory into the same directory as the .exe and it loaded up no problem. Not to say it won't malfunction down the road, though. The most annoying thing is that I have to open up wordpad and modify the cafe event again so it gives 100 bucks a shift instead of 10 because that laughable wage makes the game a terrible grind.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
what kind of pissweek dev hides the savefiles , cant find them anywhere WTF
They don't appear in the new version until you start a new game and save. In the previous version, they are called The_College_sf.sav and The_College_tyrano_data.sav. They can be found in the main directory right under the game exe.

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
the spoiler notes on how to import saves is as clear as mud ,why the fuck does this game not have a save file like everyone else genuine arsehat dev

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i'm genuinely curious, is there any kind of reason to not put a direct link to the game for an html game ? (or did miss it and i'm ranting for no reason >< )

edit : my bad, i mistook other for html ^^

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
what's with the ratings? is it really that bad?
The best thing you can do it go read the reviews and see what they say.
MC gets raped.
Very grindy with very little reward for it.
Story is good but if not for the grind this could have been a great game.

Vortash

Mar 18, 2021
The best thing you can do it go read the reviews and see what they say.
MC gets raped.
Very grindy with very little reward for it.
Story is good but if not for the grind this could have been a great game.
It's true This game could have been one of the best except for the constant gliches and the incomplete scenarios promising to be in the next edition but rarely where . True also very grindy but to be honest most games are the developer wants to get as much exposure on the game as possible it's called dragging the arse out of it lol , they are hoping to get more money from supporters not realising the best way to do that is write and code a good game a prime example being NLT media and many others who have full support . But being someone who has coded games all be it a long time ago in DOS yep that long ago, I am only too aware of how time consuming it is and how it takes control of you and allow for the odd foul up .But constant foul ups are the result of shody workmanship or trying to do too much alone , a recording artist would not release a song before they where happy with it Developers should also use the same idiology . I actually am waiting for this game to be completed then hopefully I can start it from the begining ( for the God knows how many times ) , I hope the developer does complete it soon and is not distracted by his new game too much .

Reactions: NorthernGent

Sylfan

Feb 2, 2020

Thanks, the first solution work for me (copying and loading the savefiles after the game was running). Though, I had to do another step (4-5):

1. Run the game and start a new game (skip intro)

2. Copying: The_College_sf.sav and The_College_tyrano_data.sav from the old version to the new(er) version of the game (make a backup first).

3. Load the savefile (in the game).

4. While the game is running : i delete
The_College_sf.sav and The_College_tyrano_data.sav from the data folder.

5. In game: Save the game.

Now the savefiles are okay, i guess :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again, i can now play it again and see what the next error will be (Yeah!!):p

Reactions: gnadudu

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Thanks, the first solution work for me (copying and loading the savefiles after the game was running). Though, I had to do another step (4-5):

2. Copying: The_College_sf.sav and The_College_tyrano_data.sav from the old version to the new(er) version of the game (make a backup first).

Thanks again, i can now play it again and see what the next error will be (Yeah!!):p
Yeah, forgot that part... ^^
Added a link to your post to the "Notes about saves" section in this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-college-v0-39-0-deva-games.56685/post-5704294

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Super Grindy, game almost feels like unlocking a safe with the methodology related to time and rooms on certain days of the week.
It is easier if you go into the code and change the amount of money you are paid at the cafe to something reasonable. A lot of the quests won't progress until you buy an item that usually costs around 2-3 months worth of wages. There are some earlier posts on how to do this. My main complaint is how many "encounters" in the sandbox seem to be there for no discernable purpose. Oh look. There's Jun calling me Jared Leto. There's my Sister calling me an asshole. There's Penny forgetting my name. All of them cost you a precious hour and are more of a penalty than a way to advance the story.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Start the game first before extracting the save game. Load the save, delete it from the folder and save again. If you extract the save before starting the game for the first time, some stupid anti cheat check runs, which doesn't allow to use saves from older versions...

First time trying the game and yiiiish, I can understand why so many bad reviews.
I tried both your explanation (although failed badly at first) but Gallery is still locked. Is there any way to unlock it? (Or at this, is there a way to extract and view the CG/animation?)

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Torchwood2000

Sep 24, 2020
Hi. The Leliana events 82 and higher do not trigger for me. No matter if i visit her courses on monday, wednesday or/and friday. She just masturbates and then sends me away. What's the matter???

1.80 star(s) 54 Votes