michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
its not the handjob - its HOW this happens ...
the mc is put to sleep by magic - he´s not aware whats going on , and thats the point
some ppl (incl me ) dont like ;)
I mean i can see ur point .... But its not like he didnt enjoy it

If he didnt enjoy it and was like please dontttt then yeah it be bad

But he had a grand time enjoying the stripshow

Dont get me wrong i played a game were a MC gets drugged and its a bad thing and he didnt like it

But here it is the MC having a great time enjoying his dream state

But fair enough i can understand that you and some others cant handle even a good time scene and thats ok (y)

WildBillKatt

Oct 4, 2018
I believe it's there because of a handjob scene really near the start that some people have been upset by and wanted the rape tag for. I didn't put the tag there. I'm going to be changing the scene in the next version because how that scene happens isn't important to the plot but it has put some people off. There isn't going to be any rape in the game going forward and that scene is going to be changed.
Thanks, I will check it out.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
It's an option but how I plan on unlocking a relationship with Kat goes through Andi. It may even make people that don't like Andi happy. I've been trying to figure out how to restore good feelings towards her without just cutting her out for some people.
Thanks. This is my first game and I've made mistakes and going to make more mistakes in the future. Hopefully, I can dig myself out of some of the holes I'm in now. And ultimately that my writing/rendering/storytelling gets better as I go.
You could always leave Kat locked behind Andi. It would be rather unpopular but actions are supposed to have consequences, it makes for engaging stories imho. You will find a way, I'm sure.

I have great hopes for you. Most devs would have retreated behind patreon where their backers tell them they can do no wrong. You try to listen and improve, it's honestly a breath of fresh air.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Thanks. This is my first game and I've made mistakes and going to make more mistakes in the future. Hopefully, I can dig myself out of some of the holes I'm in now. And ultimately that my writing/rendering/storytelling gets better as I go.
It's your game. Make it and word it how YOU want it to be. No need to change it just because someone got their fee fees hurt by something that happens in A GAME. If someone is that butthurt about it, than I invite them to get off their lazy asses and make their own game. That way they can have all the joy-joy fee fees in it they want.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah and another thing dont see why people are so butt hurt about the Mom either

Sure she kept the magic thing a secret ... And did some dickish moves

But she already explained it and apologized for it

To me the mom is gud in my books

Sure ill have to trust her a bit again ... But I am definatly not in the hate the mom camp :ROFLMAO:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Yeah and another thing dont see why people are so butt hurt about the Mom either

Sure ill have to trust her a bit again ... But I am definatly not in the hate the mom camp :ROFLMAO:
well

its about the reaction of the mc again here - "oh , fucked with my memories ? cool lets go eat "
but all this was already part of big discusion some pages back

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
well

its about the reaction of the mc again here - "oh , fucked with my memories ? cool lets go eat "
Like I said sure she fucked with his memmories so he doesnt know about magic

But to inmediatly hate on the mom for shielding her son (mc) is a bit harsh lol

Sure the MC shouldnt be happy with how she did it ... But like i said she explained it and apologized and its not like she did that out of joy or malice

She did it to protect him so yeah bit weird that some are pissed off so badly

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

Sure the MC shouldnt be happy with how she did it ... But like i said she explained it and apologized and its not like she did that out of joy or malice

theory :
what holds the witches back to do it again and again now (and for fun) to the mc ?
(mentioned in some older posts from others )

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019

She says she did all that to save him. Given the situation that makes sence, it's still a shitty thing to do to your child. But who is to say that's all she did? MC annoyed her and she hit him? Why not change that into a happy memory of them getting ice cream?

How do you trust a person that dictates how you remember things? You can't really, ever

Edit: fixed a typo

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I mean i can see ur point .... But its not like he didnt enjoy it

If he didnt enjoy it and was like please dontttt then yeah it be bad

But he had a grand time enjoying the stripshow

Dont get me wrong i played a game were a MC gets drugged and its a bad thing and he didnt like it

But here it is the MC having a great time enjoying his dream state

But fair enough i can understand that you and some others cant handle even a good time scene and thats ok (y)
I see, so if you rape a girl its fine so long as you make sure she cums, right?

Its just like the shower scene, reverse the sexes and see how well that'd go down. Several guys standing around a naked girl telling her to get herself wet while they watch in order for her to be able to get her clothes back or whatever.

Reverse the sexes for the doctor/teacher scene and have some male authority figure strip a female student while she's sedated unable to consent and finger her and see how "cool" everyone is with it.

Its all about the trust.
You can never trust someone who not only has the ability but has also already demonstrated to willingness to use any kind of mind-control or memory alteration on you. This goes not only for the parent, who has made it clear that the MC fair game for memory wiping but also for the teacher/nurse/doctor or whatever she is that took away control/consent by using some sort of mind altering magic while sexually assaulting the MC.

So far the MC is being surrounded by people that can't be trusted, not because they are unknown but actually because we know them and they've taken actions that prove they aren't trustworthy.

Last edited:

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
well

The irony is that was a last-minute line I added that really was never part of my original plans which is why the reaction reads so wrong. I could go remove it because it doesn't have any impact on the story going forward but everyone already past that part will never see it. So I still have to try to dig out of that hole.

Reactions: ben_sylar

RR6612

Sep 3, 2017
She says she did all that to save him. Given the situation that makes sence, it's still a shitty thing to do to you child. But who is to say that's all she did? MC annoyed her and she hit him? Why not change that into a happy memory of them getting ice cream?

How do you trust a person that dictates how you remember things? You can't really, ever
I really don't think it matters much, it was explained sufficiently for me. Clearly not for you, so what now? We can rehash the debate that already been done before but it really has no point.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
The irony is that was a last-minute line I added that really was never part of my original plans which is why the reaction reads so wrong. I could go remove it because it doesn't have any impact on the story going forward but everyone already past that part will never see it. So I still have to try to dig out of that hole.
i believe in you ;)
i stated, that i think this game has great potential - and i stick to it
its a bit unfortunate that the old topics come up again

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Thoughts about v0.4:
- the update felt super short
- there was no advancement in the story or development of the MC away from being a pushover
- most characters are still unlikeable especially Andrea, Kat, Lilith, Natalie

I said it before I say it again the game needs a rewrite that changes how the MC deals with his new situation.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I'am replaying the whole game again (it's worth it), i personally don't have a problem with the "rape" thing, that doesn't mean it's not a valid opinion, i can see how people are bothered by it.

Still haven't played the new content but if it's on par with the other updates i'am sure it's pretty good. Keep it up.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I see, so if you rape a girl its fine so long as you make sure she cums, right?

Its just like the shower scene, reverse the sexes and see how well that'd go down. Several guys standing around a naked girl telling her to get herself wet while they watch in order for her to be able to get her clothes back or whatever.

Reverse the sexes for the doctor/teacher scene and have some male authority figure strip a female student while she's sedated unable to consent and finger her and see how "cool" everyone is with it.

Its all about the trust.
You can never trust someone who not only has the ability but has also already demonstrated to willingness to use any kind of mind-control or memory alteration on you. This goes not only for the parent, who has made it clear that the MC fair game for memory wiping but also for the teacher/nurse/doctor or whatever she is that took away control/consent by using some sort of mind altering magic while sexually assaulting the MC.

So far the MC is being surrounded by people that can't be trusted, not because they are unknown but actually because we know them and they've taken actions that prove they aren't trustworthy.
You know its a game right not real life ?

And did the MC feel panicked or distress ? with that nure scene.... Sure was it messed up from the nurse sure

But again the MC definatly not got scared or had a meltdown over it

The Mom tho why would she continue doing that after the MC finally knows about it ... She aint evil lol she did it to protect him

And u making it sound like she is the devil and she would do it more even when he knows now ?

Sure it was not with the MC his consent to be mind controlled ... But for the Mom it was a quite reasonable reason

The Nurse thing is probally the bad thing with her mind control...

The shower scene with the girls and the towl ... Have u ever seen that happen irl lol that doesnt happen irl

But tbh if two hot girls that are only coverd in towls try and see the guy naked ... He seen them naked too so whats the issue

Probally if u cant handle some silly things like that maybe just find some other game then

Caus tbh i played games alot more worse scens including that mind control thing

This is pretty soft compared to those games

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019

I wouldn't see it as a 'hole', its just part of the writing process. Its iterative, not everything comes out perfect on the first draft.
Sometimes things that sound right initially you later realize read differently to other people.
So with that in mind I also don't see making changes as caving in to other people's desires but rather making sure the story you tell comes across in the way you intend it to.
Obviously you know how the story goes but the readers don't, yet, so its potentially easier for you to rationalize dialogues or inner monologues with how things eventually turn out while the read is just taking it on face value.

Another thing to consider is people rarely take the time to give detailed feed-back or criticism on a story that they otherwise don't see any potential to, so the fact that people are commenting on specific aspects but still generally wanting more I think should be seen as a positive.
If you consider that most of the feed-back, from what I can see, seems to be how the MC reacts to situations with or the revelations from those around him, particularly from people he should have been able to trust implicitly, then I think you're generally on the right track and readers don't seem to want to actually change the story, rather they just want more authentic or believable MC responses/choices, since so far the MC just seems to go along with most everything without being too bothered.

For example it was good to see the MC finally get in contact with Anna, because after learning about both her and the MC being memory-altered I would have though the MC would have attempted to contact her immediately.

So again i think you're on the right track, the story is decent and has a lot of potential and I think with some iteration on the MC's reactions to what should otherwise be disturbing situations or revelations you'll be doing just fine.

Oh also if you do make changes to previous content, just let us know in the change-log and I think anyone who is interested will replay that content to get the new dialogue or whatever it happens to be.
I mean I already replayed this update from the start anyway since it'd been a while since the last update and I wasn't sure if I'd remember all the previous events anyway.

3.90 star(s) 51 Votes