catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Given Lilith's reaction to her dream about him, I'm leaning this direction, too. And Ellie is basically completely non-functional due to how flustered she gets about the MC.
Right from the start I have been getting a Succubus vibe from her - probably wrong, but i cannot shake the feeling.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JoeTheMC84
Dec 29, 2018
I wonder if they are "just" dreams though... the MC has some weird magic about him, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to them.
Lilith seems to think so too, given her reaction to the first erotic dream she had about him. She cancels class the next day, and then has a replacement fill in for her the day after that to research something in her office, which I would assume is about those dreams since she almost asks him to stay and talk with her. But then again.. she does the exact same thing if you end the dream just as it's started. Which raises the question of are these dreams shared between the two?

Some games will give you the option to skip over sex scenes, even if that means temporarily taking control of a different character, so I don't know if this is one of those situations, or if it means that we are controlling her dreams as our character. I'm not even sure if our character is asleep at the same time as Lilith. It's quite possible, but there is a bit of a time jump to later in the morning after Lilith wakes up from her dreams, so it isn't crystal clear that the main character was also asleep in his bed at the time. Maybe the ambiguity is by design to keep us guessing?

Maybe she's having more dreams than we see, and only the two that we are shown are shared? Back at the start of the game, it appeared that the main character had visions of Lilith if he agreed to let her help take a sample. Those could be representations of his imagination, or it could be her giving him some sort of magical daydream caused by Lilith. I'm not to sure.

The one thing I am sure of is that I hope we get a whole lot more scenes with Lilith. She's drop dead gorgeous and seems to genuinely care about the main character. She doesn't seem to really want anything from the main character, and wants to slowly develop his powers. She's a good counterpoint to my other favourite character, Sura, who is basically the opposite (except for the looks part, as she's also a stunner).

Sura is all gas and no brakes. She's very upfront about wanting to help her coven, she's happy to have a bond with you, glad to teach you. She's even confronted Lilith and criticized her for not training him properly. She's very forward and blunt, and I'm very curious to hear what she has to say about the idea that we can turn girls without magical powers into witches. She seems to be in the loop, but maybe she's been lied to by Sophia? The one concern I have about Sura is that she's so enthusiastic about her coven that she could be easily led astray by her leader.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Lilith seems to think so too, given her reaction to the first erotic dream she had about him. She cancels class the next day, and then has a replacement fill in for her the day after that to research something in her office, which I would assume is about those dreams since she almost asks him to stay and talk with her. But then again.. she does the exact same thing if you end the dream just as it's started. Which raises the question of are these dreams shared between the two?

Some games will give you the option to skip over sex scenes, even if that means temporarily taking control of a different character, so I don't know if this is one of those situations, or if it means that we are controlling her dreams as our character. I'm not even sure if our character is asleep at the same time as Lilith. It's quite possible, but there is a bit of a time jump to later in the morning after Lilith wakes up from her dreams, so it isn't crystal clear that the main character was also asleep in his bed at the time. Maybe the ambiguity is by design to keep us guessing?

Maybe she's having more dreams than we see, and only the two that we are shown are shared? Back at the start of the game, it appeared that the main character had visions of Lilith if he agreed to let her help take a sample. Those could be representations of his imagination, or it could be her giving him some sort of magical daydream caused by Lilith. I'm not to sure.

The one thing I am sure of is that I hope we get a whole lot more scenes with Lilith. She's drop dead gorgeous and seems to genuinely care about the main character. She doesn't seem to really want anything from the main character, and wants to slowly develop his powers. She's a good counterpoint to my other favourite character, Sura, who is basically the opposite (except for the looks part, as she's also a stunner).

Sura is all gas and no brakes. She's very upfront about wanting to help her coven, she's happy to have a bond with you, glad to teach you. She's even confronted Lilith and criticized her for not training him properly. She's very forward and blunt, and I'm very curious to hear what she has to say about the idea that we can turn girls without magical powers into witches. She seems to be in the loop, but maybe she's been lied to by Sophia? The one concern I have about Sura is that she's so enthusiastic about her coven that she could be easily led astray by her leader.
I'm pretty sure Lilith is at the school because she knew that the MC was about to "awaken" - if you remember (first scene with the school) it was said that Lilith was a very powerful witch and that they were surprised that she ASKED to be able to teach at the school, also it was said that she had travelled around the covens researching an ancient prophecy (to the point of being obsessed with it). Any bets that the prophecy was about the MC?

Carvangar

Jul 9, 2017
Long time no update. But at least there were a few sex scenes this time round. :)

Along with a totally not awkward bath time with the family. :cool:

Reactions: punisher2099
Dec 29, 2018
I'm pretty sure Lilith is at the school because she knew that the MC was about to "awaken" - if you remember (first scene with the school) it was said that Lilith was a very powerful witch and that they were surprised that she ASKED to be able to teach at the school, also it was said that she had travelled around the covens researching an ancient prophecy (to the point of being obsessed with it). Any bets that the prophecy was about the MC?
I didn't remember that so I replayed the game to try to find it and there was a scene where they are at home eating pizza and you tell Katherine and Andrea that you are supposed to meet with Lilith regularly.

Andrea: I was surprised when I heard she requested a teaching position.
Katherine: With her gifts she could do anything. It is odd that she would want to teach young witches.
Andrea: The headmistress thought so as well but she is not one to turn down such an offer.
Cassie: What is so great about her?
Andrea: Simply put, she's a prodigy. She had mastered some of the most difficult spells before she had even begun her formal training.
Katherine: She has put in a lot of requests at work for access to other coven's archives. Apparently she's become obsessed with some ancient prophecy.

I doubt that the prophecy she is interested in is directly about the main character, simply because she doesn't seem all that interested in us. I mean, if she were studying a prophecy about the next arrival of a man with magical powers, I would expect her to have a much bigger reaction to us being discovered. She should be excited or scared or something. Instead, she hands us over to the dryads without any fight at all, and most of her concerns seem to be that our presence will upset the other covens. She also seems surprised by a lot of the powers we have. Seeing through clothes, and turning invisible while wearing ours, and stuff like that causes her to be genuinely befuddled. Lilith was visibly surprised and confused as to why the Morrigan would be interested in him.

However, we are the main character, so it is likely that we will later on be a part of whatever prophecy she has been studying. There was that guy in the bowling alley who used a jedi mind trick on the waitress to bring him more booze, which then causes Sura to show up because she detected magic in the area, which your bowling pals thought was just you using magic to cheat (accidentally or otherwise). We also had Elizabeth tell the story of the last man with magic powers who had used his to try to control people (which fits the mystery man in the bowling alley), but she insisted that he was murdered (which doesn't really fit the not dead mystery man). So that's probably the primary focus of the story, and maybe Lilith's prophecy will be geared more towards him instead.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
My fucking god, the punctuation in this VN is so horrible, my OCD is going crazy. Ever heard of question marks, commas or periods? Jesus fucking Christ.........
I remember when I first heard about periods. I was afraid to talk to a girl for fear of being killed in a blind rage. Admittedly I was in my very early teens, and learned about them after almost being killed in a blind rage by a girl who had just started having them. :unsure:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Not really bitching(to much) but the sex animations could really use a 'faster' button.. Not sure if it's something that can be implemented but just a thought. Enjoying the game regardless :)

Reactions: joryh

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Water evaporates naturally over time. Even ice will evaporate in a process called sublimation. Why do you think ice cubes left too long in your freezer start to shrink?

Regardless, your suggestion that you have to boil water for it to become free of impurities is factually incorrect. Water becomes vapor through evaporation without needing to be boiled. In the process of evaporating, minerals (the things that can conduct electricity) are left behind because they are too heavy to be carried by water vapor. This is why things like solar stills work: they're distilling water without the need for boiling.

To reiterate: water in the air is free of impurities. Even if that's how it's conjured via magic (I don't remember that conversation from earlier in the game, but I'll assume it's true), the water being conjured in that way would have no impurities to conduct electricity. It would be an insulator, and therefore a very good shield against a lighting attack.
I have a general rule of thumb in these matters - never bring science to a fantasy discussion, it never ends well, just check your rational faculties at the door and enjoy the ride.
I have yet to read any work of fantasy that stands up to any kind of scrutiny - all that really matters to me is that the story is internally consistent, and does not keep changing it's own rules for "plot reasons".
... however ... I'm bored, so I'll stir the pot a little. You could argue that it depends on how the MC "materialises" the water from the air. Water vapour in the air is both invisible and contains no impurities. Water droplets form when water vapour condenses around tiny particles in the air, raindrops are impure. If you argue that the MC is pulling vapour out of the air and condensing it around micro-particles, this way you could argue that his water shield is not pure water and could conduct electricity. You could also argue that Natalie was using "magic lightening" and that the rules of physics do not apply to it.
I'm not sure any of it really matters, and I'm probably talking bollocks as it is early and I'm not yet fully caffeinated.

Reactions: RandMierdin

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
The Coven [v0.8] [Former Flame]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

- - -
PIXELDRAIN
thank you!

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Not really bitching(to much) but the sex animations could really use a 'faster' button.. Not sure if it's something that can be implemented but just a thought. Enjoying the game regardless :)
This. So much. They are just ... mechanical. I just hit space bar to mash thru them. They have no pull.

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

edwards21

Aug 15, 2018
Is it remotely fucking possible for this tool of a main character to get through a single class without fucking it up? He can't even do yoga without losing control of his magic and breaking his own ass. I am so sick of this guy. Like, that scene happens once or twice, fine. But versions of it happen every single class or teaching scene we see. It's getting old and making him look like a real dumbass. Like at some point he actually has to LEARN something, right? Isn't that the point of a school?

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Is it remotely fucking possible for this tool of a main character to get through a single class without fucking it up? He can't even do yoga without losing control of his magic and breaking his own ass. I am so sick of this guy. Like, that scene happens once or twice, fine. But versions of it happen every single class or teaching scene we see. It's getting old and making him look like a real dumbass. Like at some point he actually has to LEARN something, right? Isn't that the point of a school?
Wow he showed so much raw power! Lets not teach him everything as fast as possible so that we have his loyalty and so he can defend against threats to us because he is so naturally powerful. Let him do a a few trivial lessons and then have a week off or something. Seems like a really good utilization of resources!

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
While I am really enjoying the story, I totally agree with many of the complaints I've seen in the reviews. The story seems disjointed in a dreamlike way. Time skips, and seemingly random location changes happen way too often, and usually without any context. Right now I'm in total agreement with the Dryads that this school is doing a terrible job of teaching him anything. The outdoors defense class was a perfect opportunity for them to show him something by having at least one of the more experienced students demonstrate how to do it, rather than just throwing him into the deep end. Choices don't really seem to matter, except to avoid certain sex scenes. Character motivations are pretty inconsistent, even the MC's. When I look at it critically, the cons outweigh the pros by a pretty large margin, but I am looking forward to the next update, and am considering subbing. Ashley & Cassie are just too hot, I guess. :cool:

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes