Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
just played, this was fantastic, makes me depressed to realize how bad 90% of games scenes are - the final bedroom threesome thing is an extremely common setup on places like literotica, and yet ive NEVER seen it in a game here, well done!

GrumpyGranny

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
news on his , can someone post it here?
"Hey, first of all, since many of you asked (and I sometimes answered), I think december is the month. But I won't give you any release date yet. This also probably mean that I will unpause the billing, but I will confirm that towards the end of this month, so there will be at least one more status update.
Also, there is one more thing, I am considering making "Arc I release" which will include standard ch1-5 and some extras, like a few extra animations and so on, and this release will be (probably) for 5+usd tiers only. You don't lose much if you won't play it though."

(I've actually realized that there is really no reason why should this be patron only post, so there you go.)

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
"Hey, first of all, since many of you asked (and I sometimes answered), I think december is the month. But I won't give you any release date yet. This also probably mean that I will unpause the billing, but I will confirm that towards the end of this month, so there will be at least one more status update.
Also, there is one more thing, I am considering making "Arc I release" which will include standard ch1-5 and some extras, like a few extra animations and so on, and this release will be (probably) for 5+usd tiers only. You don't lose much if you won't play it though."

(I've actually realized that there is really no reason why should this be patron only post, so there you go.)
Hi, is this " Arc I release" a completed stand alone game or just a modyfied version of " The cure for madness"?

GrumpyGranny

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
Hi, is this " Arc I release" a completed stand alone game or just a modyfied version of " The cure for madness"?
More like the standalone release, I want to do this after Arc 2 as well, but the content will be essentially identical, the main goal is basically for me to be able to offer the game on itch and maybe elsewhere as well (and I don't want to put it there for 1 USD which is my basic tier with full access). So there will be maybe some extra animations and scene replay/gallery, something like that.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
the game develops slowly because the author has few patrons that financially support him. Please support the author!
The snake bites its own tail. It's important to update your game regularly to keep players interest and to attract new patrons.
Already successful games can update only once a year because they already have that following.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Well, like most Devs that use Patreon (which is most and the ones I have come across) like to put regular posts like that behind paywalls to get money from people (money hungry, only care about the money, Devs)

If someone is interested in the game, wants to know any new info about it, goes to the Devs Patreon, sees a new post has been posted, sees you have to be a sub to see it, likes the game a lot and wants to support the Dev, but also wants to know what the post says, bam, hook-line-sinker.

They are starting to anger me >.< filling me with the anger, fury and power of 1000 suns!

Onibaku

Feb 7, 2018
More like the standalone release, I want to do this after Arc 2 as well, but the content will be essentially identical, the main goal is basically for me to be able to offer the game on itch and maybe elsewhere as well (and I don't want to put it there for 1 USD which is my basic tier with full access). So there will be maybe some extra animations and scene replay/gallery, something like that.
So you get access to the game for 1 dollar? Ok might as well become a patron. Standalone releases sound good to me maybe you can even put them on steam

GrumpyGranny

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
The snake bites its own tail. It's important to update your game regularly to keep players interest and to attract new patrons.
Already successful games can update only once a year because they already have that following.
True. On the other hand, sometimes players tend to expect devs to work as if it were their fulltime job, which in most cases is just not possible.

Well, like most Devs that use Patreon (which is most and the ones I have come across) like to put regular posts like that behind paywalls to get money from people (money hungry, only care about the money, Devs)

If someone is interested in the game, wants to know any new info about it, goes to the Devs Patreon, sees a new post has been posted, sees you have to be a sub to see it, likes the game a lot and wants to support the Dev, but also wants to know what the post says, bam, hook-line-sinker.

They are starting to anger me >.< filling me with the anger, fury and power of 1000 suns!
I am sorry that if I post on patreon, I am mostly thinking about, well, my patrons.

So you get access to the game for 1 dollar? Ok might as well become a patron. Standalone releases sound good to me maybe you can even put them on steam
This greedy dev thanks you :) Yeah, full release after the beta phase. And I will do steam, but not early access, only after the game is completed.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
True. On the other hand, sometimes players tend to expect devs to work as if it were their fulltime job, which in most cases is just not possible.

I am sorry that if I post on patreon, I am mostly thinking about, well, my patrons.

This greedy dev thanks you :) Yeah, full release after the beta phase. And I will do steam, but not early access, only after the game is completed.
Not complaining about your work, just stating a fact of this business.

GrumpyGranny

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2018
Not complaining about your work, just stating a fact of this business.

I meant it as a general statement as well, it's not just me. But especially for single devs fast releases are not really an option, unless they dedicate to it pretty much all of their time (and even then it might compromise the quality).

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
In my own extremely limited experience, I've seen content flavor be far more important to patreon success than some sensical meritocracy-feedback loop.

I'd love to be less vague than that, but I don't want to get squelched :p

Also, once I get some more cash on hand, paying this creator will be a no brainer, I love everything I've seen, only complaint is there's not more!

Last edited:

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Great just give maybe some info here too when release is expected...i ll buy it then and dont worry i am not sharing games here...:)

Reactions: GrumpyGranny

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
From Patreon-site:

One our ago

This release is gonna be a bit different from the "usual", as BETA stage might take a little bit longer (let's say 3 weeks instead of the usual 1 to updated beta and 1 to full release, this one is gonna be more like 2 + 1). There are two reasons, one is that I won't be able to work on the game during most of the holidays, and two is that certain "outcomes" are not available in the current BETA and will be added later, so sorry about that. Also, as usual, most of the animations will be also added at a later stage of the testing process.
This release is gonna be a bit different from the "usual", as BETA stage might take a little bit longer (let's say 3 weeks instead of the usual 1 to updated beta and 1 to full release, this one is gonna be more like 2 + 1). There are two reasons, one is that I won't be able to work on the game during most of the holidays, and two is that certain "outcomes" are not available in the current BETA and will be added later, so sorry about that. Also, as usual, most of the animations will be also added at a later stage of the testing process.

Zhuang Zi Hu Die

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
From Patreon-site:

One our ago

chapter 5 beta is out

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes