3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

rick4691

Apr 19, 2018
(One of the) developers here, RanneRo really wants to make a release this month. Artwork done and I've given him code to playtest. Won't be perfect release tho since ScaleGarden did a number on him by hardcoding everything in Japanese.
Did you get the dress/undress system to work? And do you guys still need more scripters?

A shame he copied the ScaleGarden code. RPGmaker VX Ace would be much, much easier for this type of game because you don't have to deal with all the unintuitive image stack junk there.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Did you get the dress/undress system to work? And do you guys still need more scripters?
Its working, just needs some more love (a lot of things are still held firmly by SG). More hands make light work in my opinion.

A shame he copied the ScaleGarden code. RPGmaker VX Ace would be much, much easier for this type of game because you don't have to deal with all the unintuitive image stack junk there.
As far as I am aware, nothing was actually copied, SG was the original coder. For what its worth, stacking images is pretty much the only way to accomplish customizable appearances. Hell, even in 3D its the same except you are now stacking polygons.

Reactions: Rakan and rick4691

rick4691

Apr 19, 2018
Its working, just needs some more love (a lot of things are still held firmly by SG). More hands make light work in my opinion.

As far as I am aware, nothing was actually copied, SG was the original coder. For what its worth, stacking images is pretty much the only way to accomplish customizable appearances. Hell, even in 3D its the same except you are now stacking polygons.
In VX Ace you can just define the layer you want the image on and then use the erase function for a certain layer. But in the end it only amounts in less typing work I guess.

vx ace image layers.png

I'll probably come to your discord after v0.5 gets released. I have zero experience in RPGmaker XP, but I'm fairly good with VX Ace.

By the way, I think it's way easier to have your clothing regions stored in game variables. For example: camisole, top, underwear, skirt/pants as different variables. If the character undresses you change the variable instead of calling the script with a bunch of parameters (that can be typed wrong). For example if you take the top region, you can call "naked" 0, the standard camisole 1, ...

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
In VX Ace you can just define the layer you want the image on and then use the erase function for a certain layer. But in the end it only amounts in less typing work I guess.

I'll probably come to your discord after v0.5 gets released. I have zero experience in RPGmaker XP, but I'm fairly good with VX Ace.

By the way, I think it's way easier to have your clothing regions stored in game variables. For example: camisole, top, underwear, skirt/pants as different variables. If the character undresses you change the variable instead of calling the script with a bunch of parameters (that can be typed wrong). For example if you take the top region, you can call "naked" 0, the standard camisole 1, ...
Did pretty much all of that, but used switches (meant for on/off state) instead of variables (meant for 0-65535). Part of the problem was that original code stuffed ALL clothing into the same variable... and it wasn't even a bitmask, just arbitrary combinations :( So a lot had to be redone.

Reactions: rick4691

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
And this is why i said he jinxed it, only worse thing would have been him saying "what could posibly go wrong", then he would have received lawsuits, cyberbullying, personal attacks by all the righteous people on the internet, his house catching fire, etc.xD

cedr777

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Not being a pessimist here, but I have a feeling that the release will be mid September instead of end of August which is today...if only you didn't announce it, people wouldn't be keeping their hopes up, smh.

it's really annoying when you give a date which you can't fulfill.

griffor

Aug 14, 2016
Not being a pessimist here, but I have a feeling that the release will be mid September instead of end of August which is today...if only you didn't announce it, people wouldn't be keeping their hopes up, smh.

as long as the dev is active and still being communicative if he misses a date i don't mind as much. when radio silence happens and dates are missed that when i start to feel like i'm being ripped off

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018

May want to check out discord, various previews and things available there.

JamesMercer1911

Mar 2, 2018
I would like to see a quest tracker or something like that. I opened the game a week apart and I couldn't remember what I had to do.

Reactions: Three

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
He posted on Patreon that he hopes to release it in a week (can't read the whole post but it says it in the first line)

DarkKaiba666

Oct 26, 2017
I am a huge fan of Rannero's work but it is ABSURD to me that he would LOCK an update post to be patron only. Why would he do this? To make ppl pledge just to see his status? That's a bit rude.... Either way, I will enjoy his content if he keeps making it. I am torn by this game though. All the time developing it, he could have made so much more :(. If it's still his dream to have a game with his characters, I hope he accomplishes it.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
I am a huge fan of Rannero's work but it is ABSURD to me that he would LOCK an update post to be patron only. Why would he do this? To make ppl pledge just to see his status? That's a bit rude.... Either way, I will enjoy his content if he keeps making it. I am torn by this game though. All the time developing it, he could have made so much more :(. If it's still his dream to have a game with his characters, I hope he accomplishes it.
Patreon requires adult content to be unavailable to the nonpatron public, from what I understand.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes