3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
Some AI art is not so easy to spot I saw some that I didn't notice, though to be fair some people don't care to see the difference, after all an AI won a competition and that might say the judges didn't notice.
If you come across those AI art you can't distinguish, you can post here. I am more than happy to test my skill with those.

I am not against AI art at all(If you read my other post, you can clearly see it). The problem is that Rannero's AI art(even after modification/fix) is like below average quality(3-4 out of 10) compare to his art 2 years ago(8-9 out of 10). You can simply see the difference by comparing the outline of the character.
AI

(unbearable black outline of the character)
vs
hand draw:

(just look how smooth the outline of Yuuki is)

Most importantly, Yuuki's face looks 3-5 years younger, and she looks shorter and fatter in his new AI art than his old drawings. basically a different character to me now.

Originel

Nov 16, 2017
If you come across those AI art you can't distinguish, you can post here. I am more than happy to test my skill with those.

I am not against AI art at all(If you read my other post, you can clearly see it). The problem is that Rannero's AI art(even after modification/fix) is like below average quality(3-4 out of 10) compare to his art 2 years ago(8-9 out of 10). You can simply see the difference by comparing the outline of the character.
AI

vs
hand draw:

Most importantly, Yuuki's face looks 3-5 years younger, and she looks shorter and fatter in his new AI art than his old drawings. basically a different character to me now.
for me it's the same, the quality is different but the content not, so hope he finish this quickie and we don't speak of it anymore ...

Reactions: Brenda

SH1NY4

Aug 13, 2018

AI

vs
hand draw:

I don't know for the shorter but she definitively looks fatter to me too, that's why him announcing the use of AI with this example kinda ruins 0.9 for me

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
I don't know for the shorter but she definitively looks fatter to me too, that's why him announcing the use of AI with this example kinda ruins 0.9 for me
1698267049360.png

1698266984547.png
forgive for my bad draw, but her head vs upper body size changed from previous 1:3.5 to 1:3.

which means her head to full body ratio changed from 1:7 (model figure) to 1:6 (chubby figure), assuming her leg is the same length as her upper body.

so... definitely shorter.

• Angry
Reactions: Inkheepurr

KingAce2632

Jan 26, 2020
I was searching for these custom event and the links you sent throughout the years are expired. Could you send them again?
Im sorry but I lost all of my files for the custom event due to motherboard failure of my previous laptop but once I can get my saved data from it, I can reupload it

Byxis

Oct 5, 2021
Im sorry but I lost all of my files for the custom event due to motherboard failure of my previous laptop but once I can get my saved data from it, I can reupload it
No problem! I think someone has sent me the link already, was there only just the "boo gets cucked by Yuuka's brother event"? I remember seeing a custom event where the other two boys decided to sex her, unless im seeing things.

BNDFHJeje

Jul 15, 2018

AI

vs
hand draw:

While I agree with you for 2D art, I am using AI to enhance/clean up parts for 3D cgs. It's just so much easier to have the AI do the cleanup than to go in to photoshop and clean it up manually. And also, AI can add in details that make the 3d models look hotter.
For example: without AI
Eve19woAI.png
with AI help/clean up
Eve19wAI.png
so AI does come in handy but probably not as good for 2D than for 3D.

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
While I agree with you for 2D art, I am using AI to enhance/clean up parts for 3D cgs. It's just so much easier to have the AI do the cleanup than to go in to photoshop and clean it up manually. And also, AI can add in details that make the 3d models look hotter.
For example: without AI
View attachment 3042101
with AI help/clean up
View attachment 3042103
so AI does come in handy but probably not as good for 2D than for 3D.
I by chance know a bit about AI model. The model using for cleanups are totally different from model for generation.

The model for clean up are mostly designed and trained for clean up/adjust a set of features in the vector space of the picture. Those model are already well developed for the past 10-15 years. Examples including the model to remove mosaic, re-focus the picture, filling a missing area in the background.

The model to generate picture are model that become popular or more accurately speaking more advanced with the GAN(Generative Adversarial Network) model which are proposed in 2014.
(both above paragraphs are over simplifying the actual cases, so don't blame me too much)

so if you use a generative model to generate an 2D art, and use good cleanup model to enhance the generated art, you can get really good result.

And I know a lot artist mentioned they start to use new generative model to make something that can inspiring them and be the base of their art. which means they also need to spend quite some time to polish the AI generated picture to make it real art, and this is what I don't like what Rannero is doing. he obviously didn't spend much time to polish the AI generated picture to match his previous manual drawing in almost all aspects: body figure, character outline, the coloring, the shadow etc.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes