SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm the developer, thanks for posting this here since I have no idea how to do that :)
And I will answer some of your questions.

will the lesbian and anal scenes be optional?
Yes, most of the fetishes will be optional (and skippable), like incest, impregnation, bdsm, lesbian, anal.

Interesting mechanism, but way to long. It's kinda grindy. I suggest not trying to make it too micro-managing intensive, if you have to do a set of actions over and over every day it gets pretty boring.
The grind will mostly be spending time with the girls to increase their points, increasing stats, making money. But I'm planning to add a story-only option or maybe cheats for people who don't like to grind.

The navigation inside the house in a total disaster, and having over 20 location icons with no text on the main map (that don't do anything right now) is also not very helpful.

Trying to ripoff the idea from Hero's Harem Guild could work, except Hero's Harem Guild became popular not only due to the idea behind it, but also because that game has flawless gameplay.
Yes, I understand that the navigation is the main problem right now, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to solve this. Right now the plan is to add a map for the house so you can quick travel, and as for the main map, I will add a text above the icon indicating the location. It is inspired by Hero's Harem Guild and other visual novels that use Koikatsu and Renpy since I loved them all, but thanks for your feedback, I'll keep that in mind :)

Look, this game seems like it has an interesting enough premise, and the planned tags are cool and the writing is pretty good (but needs a proofread). But this is way too much prologue. I really hope the open world actually opens in the next update. So far what you've given us is a tease of an open world and literally everything so far is linear, which is a let-down. Also, as someone already mentioned, the navigation is pretty painful to deal with, especially in the house. I was expecting the 'find the bathroom' quest to be a joke but it legit took me like 5 minutes to find the bathroom in that maze of a house. Again, this game seems like it has promise and I'll be waiting for updates to play more of it, but I'm really hoping the prologue is over and navigation gets cleaned up.
The problem why the prologue is too long to reach the open world is simply because I'm used to writing linear stories. Actually this is prologue part 1 and the next update was supposed to be prologue part 2, but I'll try to make it so it'll become the open world like I planned right away.

Do the looks of the mom and sisters change permanently? Because I honestly liked them better before.
Yup, they are changed permanently, but I'll make a poll later to see if the old hair is also popular, if it does, then I'll add more scenes with them.

Looks interesting but a dumb plot.. You call it Pan Hero but it's not the damn pan that is the magic item.. seriously than why would ANYONE carry around a pan? When I read Pan hero I expected the pan to be the magical item.
The reason why it's called Pan Hero is simply because I'm bad at giving titles :)
There will be an upgraded version of the pan weapon, but it's still won't be a magical item :(

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
Other than the linearity the main problem I see is the stat checks so far aren't fair, you have no chance to get the stats needed to pass them in a first playthrough unless I'm missing something and I'm trying to click on everything before advancing so I doubt I'm missing anything. Other than that the main map not having labels is annoying. And I agree with a post above me, don't make pregnancy an end game only thing I get that it might not be planned as an update anytime soon but don't make it end game only.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Why have all those grindy time wasting sandbox mechanics? The story seems like it's gonna be mostly linear; how does adding artificial roadblocks benefit it?

Reactions: qaywsx and AlisaB

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
Why have all those grindy time wasting sandbox mechanics? The story seems like it's gonna be mostly linear; how does adding artificial roadblocks benefit it?
Personally I prefer sandbox mechanics because linearity gets boring really quick and makes it feel like you have no choice that actually matters, in sandbox you can at least do things as you want in the order that you want. Though I do understand and get that the main reason people don't like sandbox is cause some people don't make it fair and inflate the playtime by adding way too much grind to the game. This game however is too early to tell if that is the case or not idk how the dev plans to do things.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Other than the linearity the main problem I see is the stat checks so far aren't fair, you have no chance to get the stats needed to pass them in a first playthrough unless I'm missing something and I'm trying to click on everything before advancing so I doubt I'm missing anything. Other than that the main map not having labels is annoying. And I agree with a post above me, don't make pregnancy an end game only thing I get that it might not be planned as an update anytime soon but don't make it end game only.
You don't need to pass all of the stat check, at the start you get options to choose your starting stats, that's how you pass certain stat checks in the prologue. In the future you'll get to increase your stats by doing certain actions, but even then you still don't need to pass all of the stat check, just the important ones :)

If you just want to see the result of certain stat check, go to event replay (in the character page), then select max stats when given the choice.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Personally I prefer sandbox mechanics because linearity gets boring really quick and makes it feel like you have no choice that actually matters, in sandbox you can at least do things as you want in the order that you want. Though I do understand and get that the main reason people don't like sandbox is cause some people don't make it fair and inflate the playtime by adding way too much grind to the game. This game however is too early to tell if that is the case or not idk how the dev plans to do things.
Uh... that's still linear. You just choose the order you view linear content with grind in-between; usually at the cost of story & immersion since timelines and logic tend to get thrown out the window. Most sandbox games I've played have messy af stories.

Reactions: qaywsx and Skeltom

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I enjoyed the game so far, I'm curious to know how the story will play out. I liked Kat's reaction when you talk to Sara and the failed attempt to throw a rock.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
I think you should create a cheat mechanism it would be really helpful and also I like MC's cabin fight he was cool and op

VenustusAltus

Jan 6, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm the developer, thanks for posting this here since I have no idea how to do that :)
And I will answer some of your questions.

Yes, most of the fetishes will be optional (and skippable), like incest, impregnation, bdsm, lesbian, anal.

The grind will mostly be spending time with the girls to increase their points, increasing stats, making money. But I'm planning to add a story-only option or maybe cheats for people who don't like to grind.

Yes, I understand that the navigation is the main problem right now, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to solve this. Right now the plan is to add a map for the house so you can quick travel, and as for the main map, I will add a text above the icon indicating the location. It is inspired by Hero's Harem Guild and other visual novels that use Koikatsu and Renpy since I loved them all, but thanks for your feedback, I'll keep that in mind :)

The problem why the prologue is too long to reach the open world is simply because I'm used to writing linear stories. Actually this is prologue part 1 and the next update was supposed to be prologue part 2, but I'll try to make it so it'll become the open world like I planned right away.

Yup, they are changed permanently, but I'll make a poll later to see if the old hair is also popular, if it does, then I'll add more scenes with them.

The reason why it's called Pan Hero is simply because I'm bad at giving titles :)
There will be an upgraded version of the pan weapon, but it's still won't be a magical item :(
Even if there's more prologue, there's no reason the world can't open up during the prologue, especially if it's such a lengthy one that dropps you into the open world partway through.

Well just like Shia LaBeouf once said, don't let your dreams be dreams :)
Pregnancy is still not planned in any future updates.
I agree that pregnancy shouldn't wait until endgame. Doesn't mean it needs to happen right away, just hopefully not at the very end of the story.

You don't need to pass all of the stat check, at the start you get options to choose your starting stats, that's how you pass certain stat checks in the prologue. In the future you'll get to increase your stats by doing certain actions, but even then you still don't need to pass all of the stat check, just the important ones :)

If you just want to see the result of certain stat check, go to event replay (in the character page), then select max stats when given the choice.
I think that this is the thing about open-world games though. You said that you're used to writing linear stories, and that's fine, you've got new writing/design muscles to work, but in open world games there's usually an assumption that there will be the opportunity to raise relevant stats before their stat checks come up, so when you call it an open-world game and in the prologue before the world opens up, you lock people out of certain content (even if it's only a little bit of content or a few points here and there) it goes against the expectations that players have for an open-world game and when that happens in the prologue it's setting the tone and expectations that players have for the game, so in this case it's making it feel like players will be locked out of content throughout the game without having any chance to unlock it (even if that's not the plan).

I think that the game looks promising, and I'm looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: Konstantinus

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Damn missed opportunity! The title is what made me come and look. a hero with a mighty magical pan as a weapon! This is what made me even look into it.. than saw it has nothing to do with pan... than why? It's just another game following everyone else.

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
can we get a map to move around instead of the arrows not a single human being on the planet likes? I'm not a stupid person, I've played games like these before. yet I still can't finish the bath time quest because I've waste already 5 minutes trying to figure out how the fuck to reach the bath room XD

also would help not to have so many icons on the map/game world, add these as they open open as to not confuse the player. or at least have the name of the area appear as the player puts his mouse on any house.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadih96207

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
can we get a map to move around instead of the arrows not a single human being on the planet likes? I'm not a stupid person, I've played games like these before. yet I still can't finish the bath time quest because I've waste already 5 minutes trying to figure out how the fuck to reach the bath room XD

also would help not to have so many icons on the map/game world, add these as they open open as to not confuse the player. or at least have the name of the area appear as the player puts his mouse on any house.
it says in the game itself that the arrows are kinda temporary atm and they a sub map is in the works, also mentions for the bath quest that clicking the window above your bed will take you there but that you might miss some dialouge/events

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
See about getting yourself a game developer tag
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-developer-tag.49322/

While you're pestering the mods you can also see about getting ownership of the thread.

You might want to look into linking your Patreon account to here. That would put a P under your name which would help with advertising along with allow other users who become your patrons to show that they support you on here.

A Fan Sig would also help.
TheDailyLifeofThePanHero-Fan.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
I think more time to train to get past some checks would be nice (or atleast give some points to try, i know some do, but not most of them), felt a bit my starter choice was not the ideal.

Reactions: VenustusAltus

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
All stats maxed console codes
Code:
$ mc.str = 1000
$ mc.int = 1000
$ mc.cha = 1000
$ mc.knd = 1000
$ mc.cor = 1000
$ mc.rep = 10000.0
$ maxStats = True
Get some money
Code:
$ mc.coin = 12345
count_coint()

Jan 7, 2021
Pregnancy is still not planned in any future updates.
Just starting out that makes sense but with once you get some impregnation content people will ask, consider doing some polls on patreon as that's a fan service that will generate some funds ;) Also throw a few advertisements when polls are going on to generate hype.

Some will see the $10 starting point for polls as a bit high but dependent on the content controversy it could work. Then again you could throw up some free ones just to see what the general audience things just don't trust those too much as free accounts are easy to batch.

Reactions: SteradianFauns
4.40 star(s) 9 Votes