SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
A few notes. The ...s used as a place holder for a fade transition could be replaced with pause (1) or with longdissolve. There is no reason the player should have to click past a black screen with three dots just to keep the scene moving. You may also want to add a hide screen game_info at the start of the events so the whole corner of the screen isn't taken up during them. It looks like you have each part of the HUD set up with a different screen though so I'm not sure that would work. I also see that Hmm? is used a lot. I know it's not an issue for nearly everyone else but it just switches something in my brain, that and Phew, just writing that was ugh. But that's entirely on my, just putting it out there :). I also said you are used to linear stories and it shows, if this is just the first half if the prologue than this is going to have a very slow start, to me at least. I haven't gotten to any dream scenes aside from the first very repetitive one but on a whole I find them pretty weak. Just something a dev uses to push lewd scenes for no reason. It's already a game, why add "fake" content that doesn't even happen?
Thanks for your feedback and suggestion!
For the "...", I might use pause in the future instead.

For the HUD, because it only covered the right corner, I thought it would be fine to just leave it there, since it also tells the time and date. But if there's lots of request to hide the HUD during the event, I will do it.

For the "hmm", I guess it's a habit of mine to use that, and I'll see if I want to change it in the future.

The prologue is already finished actually, since in this update the world is already opened. But yeah, the story is slow because it's going to be kind of long. Right now you're still getting to know the character, then slowly the real lewd content will start coming in. I prefer it this way, for the players to get to know the character first before actually have sexual interaction with them. But since this is a H-game, I can't postpone the lewd scenes until that happen, hence the "fake" content. And in a way I also integrate it to the plot, which will be explained in the next update.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks for your feedback and suggestion!
For the "...", I might use pause in the future instead.

For the HUD, because it only covered the right corner, I thought it would be fine to just leave it there, since it also tells the time and date. But if there's lots of request to hide the HUD during the event, I will do it.

For the "hmm", I guess it's a habit of mine to use that, and I'll see if I want to change it in the future.

The prologue is already finished actually, since in this update the world is already opened. But yeah, the story is slow because it's going to be kind of long. Right now you're still getting to know the character, then slowly the real lewd content will start coming in. I prefer it this way, for the players to get to know the character first before actually have sexual interaction with them. But since this is a H-game, I can't postpone the lewd scenes until that happen, hence the "fake" content. And in a way I also integrate it to the plot, which will be explained in the next update.
I already replaced the ...s and removed the Hmms from the script I use. Like I said it's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm all for getting to know the cast before the lewd content, personally I think that's how it should be. I play these for the stories and the lewd stuff is always secondary. My biggest gripe with the dream scenes is the fact that you don't make any progress with the people involved. Everything that happened... didn't happen.

I also noticed the free roam interactions are kinda buggy. The hover icons are sporadic. I think it's because you have them bobbing and when you hover it jolts to a static image. Another thing that bummed me out was the fact I couldn't ask the little sis to help me pack. It says ask you you want and get points but you only have two choices. The little explanatory messages were getting to me as well. "You choose to go downstairs.", yes I know. And "(Character) is eating breakfast" or "She's just looking at you not saying anything." Again I can see that.

As for the ipatch it was unclear how to set it up. Instead of just making them blood related it has a questionnaire that isn't very coherent. I had to start over twice to get the names set up "correctly" because I didn't see anywhere to change them after the first setup.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
I already replaced the ...s and removed the Hmms from the script I use. Like I said it's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm all for getting to know the cast before the lewd content, personally I think that's how it should be. I play these for the stories and the lewd stuff is always secondary. My biggest gripe with the dream scenes is the fact that you don't make any progress with the people involved. Everything that happened... didn't happen.

I also noticed the free roam interactions are kinda buggy. The hover icons are sporadic. I think it's because you have them bobbing and when you hover it jolts to a static image. Another thing that bummed me out was the fact I couldn't ask the little sis to help me pack. It says ask you you want and get points but you only have two choices. The little explanatory messages were getting to me as well. "You choose to go downstairs.", yes I know. And "(Character) is eating breakfast" or "She's just looking at you not saying anything." Again I can see that.

As for the ipatch it was unclear how to set it up. Instead of just making them blood related it has a questionnaire that isn't very coherent. I had to start over twice to get the names set up "correctly" because I didn't see anywhere to change them after the first setup.
I see, so that's what causing the bug in free roam interactions, I will see if I can fix it.

You can change the family nickname when you have move to the new city, it's located in your room. But I guess that's too far from the start, I will add the setting to the old room as well in the next update.

tag it as sandbox---even it isnt fully implemented...it is and will be one !? isnt it...
Yes, it'll be sandbox, I'm not the owner of the thread, so I can't add tags. I'll see if I can ask the mod so I can have the thread.

Excuse me, where is the red witch?
She's on the gate to the merchant district (on the new district map) at midnight

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Could just add a small toggle button to the HUD so it can be reduced on demand. Then again there is always the hide h key in Ren'Py.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Then again there is always the hide h key in Ren'Py.
That's not a solution though. That just hides all of the UI elements, dialogue included. Everything would just come back as soon as you clicked for the next line of text.

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
The Daily Life of a Pan Hero[v0.2.1][Streadianfauns]Compressed

Download Win/Linux(PC)/Mac :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zdragon92

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021

Having a toggle for both the hud and quick menu isn't too hard :)

Little mod that overrides screen game_info and screen preferences

Reactions: vilewe7570

leking7168

Apr 26, 2021
Bug maybe? When you buy increase in coordination and kindness every morning by 1 skill, charisma increases instead

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
I dunno... I think those bad endings really are bad. If hooking up or being playful with some other girl leads to a bad ending it stops being hot.
Thanks for the feedback! It's actually one of the plot points. I will explain it if you missed it.

Basically the side effect of getting the beast power is that it's harder to control your lust, and you basically just act on your reproductive instinct. So the more you act on your lust, or your instinct, the harder it is to control (hence, there's self-control, lust, and affection stats). And when the lust gets unbearable (like when you start having sex), you lose all of your control and fully became the beast.

Then these questions come up:
So how will you ever have sex in this game?
Why does fapping or having sex in the dream does not affect you?
There's already a sexual encounter with Liz, why doesn't that make you lose control?
If you passed out for five days when you first transform, how can you permanently transform in the bad ending without ever passing out?

These questions will be addressed as the plot progress. But eventually you will be able to have sex with all the girls in this game. All the main, side, and other girls.

Some people might think this is stupid, and that's fine. But this is how I choose to write it.
And if you want to think of it as hot. Think of it as trading your humanity for a last mindblowing sex.

Lastly, a lewd gallery is needed to see what scenes have been missed or anything for this update.
There's already a lewd gallery in each of the character page. And if you had seen all the events, you won't miss any lewd scenes. If there's missable lewd scenes because of stat check, I will add the option to view it at the end of the events (like on the bad endings)

Having a toggle for both the hud and quick menu isn't too hard :)

Little mod that overrides screen game_info and screen preferences
Thanks for your mod!

Bug maybe? When you buy increase in coordination and kindness every morning by 1 skill, charisma increases instead
I already made a 0.2.1 patch to fix some bugs that's found on 0.2.0.
It's on itch.io.
Or here's the .

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
There's already a lewd gallery in each of the character page. And if you had seen all the events, you won't miss any lewd scenes. If there's missable lewd scenes because of stat check, I will add the option to view it at the end of the events (like on the bad endings)
How about to those that didn't choose the bad ending? The scenes themselves just appear even with that? Because, knowing that the sex scene goes onto having a bad ending I didn't even bother to click it or to look on the gallery if I miss any. Especially, in your lewd gallery there are no blank scenes representing scenes that might've been missed. To simply inspect whether there are missed scenes or not.

Yeah I know, that not going with the threesome the scene itself is still added in the lewd gallery. But my concern really lies on the other parts of the story/quests where I might missed some things. Especially right after I finish all the quests that popped up, I just closed the game and deleted it. Waiting for the next update, after all there's no way for me accurately tell when there's a missing scene or not. Hence, my playthrough of the current update has finished.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
How about to those that didn't choose the bad ending? The scenes themselves just appear even with that? Because, knowing that the sex scene goes onto having a bad ending I didn't even bother to click it or to look on the gallery if I miss any. Especially, in your lewd gallery there are no blank scenes representing scenes that might've been missed. To simply inspect whether there are missed scenes or not.

Yeah I know, that not going with the threesome the scene itself is still added in the lewd gallery. But my concern really lies on the other parts of the story/quests where I might missed some things. Especially right after I finish all the quests that popped up, I just closed the game and deleted it. Waiting for the next update, after all there's no way for me accurately tell when there's a missing scene or not. Hence, my playthrough of the current update has finished.
If you failed the stat check, or didn't chose the stat check that might lead to the bad ending, at the end of the event I have added an option to choose to view what happen if you succeed the stat check. So it's not going to be missed.

Yup, if you miss the lewd scene, you won't be able to see it in the lewd gallery, but you can see it in the event replay (next to the lewd gallery on each character page), you can choose to max your stats in the event replay so you will be able to pass the stat check.

And like I said, if there's a missable lewd scenes, I will give you the option to see the lewd scenes at the end of the event. And there's no missable scenes, just minor dialogue difference based on how you proceed during the game. If you have done all the quest, then you have seen everything.

As of right now, you only need one playthrough. If I add multiple routes, I will specifically tell the player that their choice will lock them into one of the routes.

4.30 star(s) 10 Votes