nzn

Aug 9, 2019
- The (unimplemented) perks and skills clutter up the screens and make it harder to see the things you can actually get. If you're going to keep them visible, then maybe keep the (available) ones at the top of the list?
I'd rcomend a general overhaul or a filter sistem for perks/skills since it would be a bit cluttered even with only the implemented and once more gets implemented or added it will only get worse

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I'd rcomend a general overhaul or a filter sistem for perks/skills since it would be a bit cluttered even with only the implemented and once more gets implemented or added it will only get worse
That would certainly be preferable to me as well if it's easy enough to implement. Even just being able to filter by the stat needed for the skill would cut down a lot on what you need to look at.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
I've been playing this on and off for a while now. Not sure if I've finished the open world content, but I think I have done most of the stuff available.

Anyway, I like this game. In particular, the segment before the open world felt pretty strong. I think, from the changelog, the open world is still pretty new and a work in progress, so that's easy enough to overlook.

The good:

- Really liked the design for most characters.

- Good renders / scenes.

- The story is pretty interesting, although it does seem to slow down quite a bit when it gets to the open world segment. I think that's newer and in progress, so again that's easy to overlook.

- Scene replay with maxed out stats is a clever idea.

- I didn't encounter any bugs despite some people complaining about them. This, along with the responses I've seen from the dev to other people, seems to indicate that issues tend to get addressed, and that the dev is paying attention to feedback.

- Despite generally disliking open world games, I thought the map was fairly well made aesthetically. I've seen better, but I've also seen much worse. It's still early on, so there's time for improvements. At the very least, it seems like the dev is putting effort and thought into it.

What I think could be improved:

- Being a bit more clear on when content is finished. I find this fault in a lot of open-world games, so nothing too unique, but it would be nice to have a clear indicator that "you've finished all the content for this character." Otherwise you end up wasting time trying to increase stats that no longer serve a purpose. I'm still not sure if I'm missing something, or how I'm supposed to raise lewdness, get scenes, etc, besides for one time events. For all I know, this is in the game, and I've just never finished all the content... in which case I would say some more pointers towards content you've missed would be appreciated

- I generally find open world games somewhat tedious. That said there's things that make them a little easier for me to enjoy. One of those things is being able to directly travel to a character, without looking at the map... This is in the game, but you have to spend in-game money to unlock it... It's not hard to get, but honestly, I don't see why that's necessary. Just allow the player this option at the beginning to save them time and a headache.

- Quality of life improvement: The option to directly travel to a character should have pictures to go along with the names, similar to the character screen. Sometimes I forget a name, so this would be nice to have.

- The (unimplemented) perks and skills clutter up the screens and make it harder to see the things you can actually get. If you're going to keep them visible, then maybe keep the (available) ones at the top of the list?

Anyway, that's pretty much it from me. Thanks for the hard work dev! Again, I enjoyed the game, and my complaints are pretty minor from my perspective. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll definitely keep my eye on this.
Thanks for both your feedback! It is greatly appreciated :)

Yeah, I'm already planning to change the open world event quest system, the new one will have a button to check for new event quest that will give you new event quest, or tell you if there's no more events and that you have finished all the available content.

Sorry, the jump to character will still be a skill for now, I think adding the character head icon on the map is already helpful enough. But, a better UI for the jump to the character is already planned, which will also include their picture. It was already planned from the start, but it's added the last minute and I wanted to push the release, so that UI is just a placeholder.

The perks and skills UI is also just a placeholder.
Originally, the skills mechanic is designed to be a skill tree (with just icons, details are shown only when they're selected), which is why some skills has progression, if I'm using a tree, I don't think it'll need a filter? Because each stats will have their own tree, and they will be placed parallel with their required level. The unavailable ones will just be greyed out.
While the perk is originally designed to be just a bunch of icon, and and same as skills, details are shown only when they're selected (Kinda like the Quest UI right now).
But again, I wanted to push the release, and the skills and perks mechanics are still on it's early stage, so I decided to use only the text as a placeholder.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for both your feedback! It is greatly appreciated :)

Yeah, I'm already planning to change the open world event quest system, the new one will have a button to check for new event quest that will give you new event quest, or tell you if there's no more events and that you have finished all the available content.

Sorry, the jump to character will still be a skill for now, I think adding the character head icon on the map is already helpful enough. But, a better UI for the jump to the character is already planned, which will also include their picture. It was already planned from the start, but it's added the last minute and I wanted to push the release, so that UI is just a placeholder.

The perks and skills UI is also just a placeholder.
Originally, the skills mechanic is designed to be a skill tree (with just icons, details are shown only when they're selected), which is why some skills has progression, if I'm using a tree, I don't think it'll need a filter? Because each stats will have their own tree, and they will be placed parallel with their required level. The unavailable ones will just be greyed out.
While the perk is originally designed to be just a bunch of icon, and and same as skills, details are shown only when they're selected (Kinda like the Quest UI right now).
But again, I wanted to push the release, and the skills and perks mechanics are still on it's early stage, so I decided to use only the text as a placeholder.
Nice, looks like you were already planning to address most of what I mentioned then. I figured it was a work in progress, but probably doesn't hurt to mention things just in case.

Regarding the jump to character, that's fine, no need to apologize. I just felt locking such a convenient quality of life feature behind a skill somewhat of an odd design choice, so I figured I'd mention it. I said my piece though, and I'm sure you have your reasons, so I'll leave it at that and just look forward to the improved UI in the future.

Regarding perks and skills UI, I'd agree that changing it to separate skill trees would mean a filter is no longer needed. I didn't realize you were planning or willing to go that far with it, but your solution sounds much better.

Thanks for the response by the way. Again, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Jumped on patreon and discord, so I'll probably peek through those later.

KaitenBK201

May 18, 2017
I was a bit frustrated with the stats and not being able to pass every checks i met, but well i know that it was the intention as our mc is not some almighty god right from the start. I like the characters, no problem here. One thing that made me really happy were Manami and Kyoko, being one of my favorite hentai of all times.
I will keep this game in mind, checking it from time to time

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Nice, looks like you were already planning to address most of what I mentioned then. I figured it was a work in progress, but probably doesn't hurt to mention things just in case.

Regarding the jump to character, that's fine, no need to apologize. I just felt locking such a convenient quality of life feature behind a skill somewhat of an odd design choice, so I figured I'd mention it. I said my piece though, and I'm sure you have your reasons, so I'll leave it at that and just look forward to the improved UI in the future.

Regarding perks and skills UI, I'd agree that changing it to separate skill trees would mean a filter is no longer needed. I didn't realize you were planning or willing to go that far with it, but your solution sounds much better.

Thanks for the response by the way. Again, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Jumped on patreon and discord, so I'll probably peek through those later.
Yup, I'm still thankful for your suggestion :)

I was a bit frustrated with the stats and not being able to pass every checks i met, but well i know that it was the intention as our mc is not some almighty god right from the start. I like the characters, no problem here. One thing that made me really happy were Manami and Kyoko, being one of my favorite hentai of all times.
I will keep this game in mind, checking it from time to time
Yes, that was the intention. The MC is supposed to be just a normal, just became an adult guy at the start.
I'm glad, I hope they're similar enough to their original design :)

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Over the past few days, I've been working on some proofreading suggestions for the game. I'm not a professional or anything, and it's just been during my limited free time as a hobby project. So definitely not perfect, but hopefully it's somewhat helpful.

Assuming you do find it useful, I'll continue working on it as time permits. Although, seriously no promises for how long it takes me...

If you don't find it useful, that's fine too! Just let me know so I don't spent my time on it!

Reactions: SteradianFauns

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Over the past few days, I've been working on some proofreading suggestions for the game. I'm not a professional or anything, and it's just been during my limited free time as a hobby project. So definitely not perfect, but hopefully it's somewhat helpful.

Assuming you do find it useful, I'll continue working on it as time permits. Although, seriously no promises for how long it takes me...

If you don't find it useful, that's fine too! Just let me know so I don't spent my time on it!
This is awesome! It's really helpful, thank you for this :)

Reactions: vilewe7570

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Am I the only one stuck on the quest to find the redhead witch? I literally can't find her anywhere
Nevermind, she's at midnight guarding the Merchant District...

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Also why call an "Event Tracker" if the game doesn't even indicate the available events to do?
How will I know which character I should invest time in?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I don't expect incredible work from indy devs just getting their start in the game development world but... this is pretty bad...
screenshot0001.png
It's entirely lifeless. No rocks, no bushes, no flowers or weeds, the bridge doesn't even have supports. It wouldn't take much extra to make this at least passable, you know, enough to overlook it's amateur creation, but at this level it's closer to steam asset flips in terms of passing the minimum level of effort.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Sorry for the lack of replies guys, I rarely open f95zone nowadays. If you need a fast answer, feel free to ask in the discord server where I'm more active.

I don't expect incredible work from indy devs just getting their start in the game development world but... this is pretty bad...
View attachment 2079294
It's entirely lifeless. No rocks, no bushes, no flowers or weeds, the bridge doesn't even have supports. It wouldn't take much extra to make this at least passable, you know, enough to overlook it's amateur creation, but at this level it's closer to steam asset flips in terms of passing the minimum level of effort.
Thanks for pointing this out! I knew something doesn't feel right with the riverside location, but never really figured that out, I will work on this in the future update.

no quests left to do cant tell if thats cuz i finished content or need to raise stats or something
In the current version, if you have finished all the quest, it means you have seen all of the contents. But I understand that a lot of people get confused by this, so in this upcoming update, it will be made very clear when there's no more content available.

is there a cheat or save at the start for max stats/gold?
Official cheats will be only available for higher tier patrons for now.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
is there a cheat or save at the start for max stats/gold?
Step 1. Open renpy/common/00console.rpy
Step 2. Change the line that says
config.console = False
to
config.console =True
and save the file.
Step 3. Open your game and load a save file.
Step 4. Press Shift+O
Step 5. Type in this command:
mc.coin += 100000
then press Enter and Shift+O to exit the dev console. Now you're rich.

ECCwnere

Dec 8, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/mechanics_openworld.rpy", line 227, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'loveDone'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "mechanics_openworld.rpyc", line 2434, in script call
  File "mechanics_openworld.rpyc", line 223, in script
  File "\TheDailyLifeofThePanHero-0.3.2-pc\TheDailyLifeofThePanHero-0.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "\TheDailyLifeofThePanHero-0.3.2-pc\TheDailyLifeofThePanHero-0.3.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1052, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/mechanics_openworld.rpy", line 227, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'loveDone'

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
The Daily Life of The Pan Hero 0.3.2
Sun Oct 30 13:08:34 2022

4.30 star(s) 10 Votes